Author Topic: A few defensive stats on which to chew  (Read 363 times)

A few defensive stats on which to chew
« on: December 28, 2012, 02:05:51 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Avery Bradley will clearly help, but by just how much?

Points Allowed -- 17th
Opponents FG pct. -- 17th
Opponents 3 pt. FG pct. -- 18th
Opponents Points per Shot -- 19th
Blocks per game -- 27th

The only defensive stat in which they are near the top is steals, at 7th place.

These are some pretty bad numbers. How much can they improve by adding Bradley?

Re: A few defensive stats on which to chew
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 02:35:02 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Points Allowed -- 17th
Blocks per game -- 27th

I know people say AB wont make much of a difference if at all but... some of you need to think about this

It's not only about his defense but his ENERGY... when AB goes hard, it makes everyone go hard/harder (AB said PP told him that). AB also takes pressure off RR, allows him to "rest" on defense more, and he allows RR to do what he is best at(look to the article where RR gushed over AB). He also takes pressure of our bigs, first by causing the opponents shot clock to dwindle before they even get into sets (full court d), second by keep his man from slashing inside freely and at will.

Will AB be a "savior"? Probably not but he doesn't have to be, he just has to do his job so our "saviors" (RR, PP, and KG), can have the energy to do theirs! AB is a huge piece and if he is traded it will have to be for another huge piece (which I hope doesn't happen but I know it will be hard to get quality w/o ABeast)!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Re: A few defensive stats on which to chew
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 02:44:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Points Allowed -- 17th
Blocks per game -- 27th

I know people say AB wont make much of a difference if at all but... some of you need to think about this

It's not only about his defense but his ENERGY... when AB goes hard, it makes everyone go hard/harder (AB said PP told him that). AB also takes pressure off RR, allows him to "rest" on defense more, and he allows RR to do what he is best at(look to the article where RR gushed over AB). He also takes pressure of our bigs, first by causing the opponents shot clock to dwindle before they even get into sets (full court d), second by keep his man from slashing inside freely and at will.

Will AB be a "savior"? Probably not but he doesn't have to be, he just has to do his job so our "saviors" (RR, PP, and KG), can have the energy to do theirs! AB is a huge piece and if he is traded it will have to be for another huge piece (which I hope doesn't happen but I know it will be hard to get quality w/o ABeast)!

I agree with this post. Avery will help and probally help us win those game where we are clearly in the game and should win

Avery can only help so much , against the average teams we will look alot better and should win alot more of games against those clubs . But look to really go in and be a  favorite to beat the top teams the Celtics need some big time help for Garrnet his minutes aren't enough.  We need an elite big who can come in an give 30-40 solid minutes of 4/5 basketball on offense and defense , not be dead tired somebody 30 or younger to help this team.