Author Topic: was etwaun moore contributing more for us than courtney lee is now ?  (Read 924 times)

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
I remember seeing etwaun hustle and shoot nicely for the most part when he played for us.

Re: was etwaun moore contributing more for us than courtney lee is now ?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 07:07:08 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
No

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
 :)
No
didnt we have a 20 point comeback against the magic last year because of etwaun?

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 07:15:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No
didnt we have a 20 point comeback against the magic last year because of etwaun?

That Orlando game was his one double-digit outburst for the year.  (Lee has eight)  Similarly, he only had one game with 5+ assists (same for Lee) and one game with 5+ rebounds (three for Lee).  Overall, he played pretty mediocre defense.

If the question is, "was he contributing more than Lee?", the answer is no.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 07:48:31 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
The question, if any, shouldn't involve EM's rookie year, but how he's playing this year compared to Lee.  I'll assume that EM's defense is worse, but they've played very close to the same minutes per game--24 for Lee and 23.8 for Moore--so some comparisons can reasonably be made:

Moore is ahead of Lee on PPG at 9.3 to 6.5, rebounds at 2.4 to 2.3, assists at 2.9 to 1.2, blocks at 0.4 to 0.2, and 3PT % at .391 to .295.

Lee has the edge on FT% at .824 to .722 and FG% at .478 to .440.

Lee is an inch taller at 6'5" to 6'4" but more than 3 1/2 years older.

For the salary, it's hard not to see Moore as the better deal.

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 07:57:16 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Absolutely not.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 08:03:02 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Unfortunately neither EM nor C Lee has the size and strength we need to guard large athletic wings. 

I don't think either one of them contributed all that much.  Lee probably way more than EM because of more minutes and experience.

And I don't really care if EM is averaging a point or two more than Lee.  He is playing on a bad team getting more minutes there than he would for the C's.  Comparing his year this year with Orlando to C Lee's here with the C's means absolutely nothing

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 08:04:35 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
People do realize that Lee has been shooting over 50% from the field in the last month right? To go along with his solid defense.

At that moment Courtney Lee complaints hold very very little water. He's doing his job.

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 08:11:17 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Unfortunately neither EM nor C Lee has the size and strength we need to guard large athletic wings. 

I don't think either one of them contributed all that much.  Lee probably way more than EM because of more minutes and experience.

And I don't really care if EM is averaging a point or two more than Lee.  He is playing on a bad team getting more minutes there than he would for the C's.  Comparing his year this year with Orlando to C Lee's here with the C's means absolutely nothing

Orlando's record is within 2 games of the C's.

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 08:12:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

would you trade all of our players with the magic's player's? Come on now, you know the celtics are a much, much better team.

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Orlando are doing really well. Very surprised by their performance so far.

I think their coaching staff there deserves a lot of credit. He really has them punching above their weight.

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 08:19:24 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Orlando are doing really well. Very surprised by their performance so far.

I think their coaching staff there deserves a lot of credit. He really has them punching above their weight.

Maybe 'bad' wasn't the right word.  Overachieving better?  I am glad EM is getting some PT.  Good for him.  Just because their record is close to the C's doesn't mean they are as talented.

Orlando - overachieving
Boston - underachieving (hopefully) haha

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 08:54:55 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No

That Orlando game was his one double-digit outburst for the year.  (Lee has eight)  Similarly, he only had one game with 5+ assists (same for Lee) and one game with 5+ rebounds (three for Lee).  Overall, he played pretty mediocre defense.

If the question is, "was he contributing more than Lee?", the answer is no.

Perfect answer.