Author Topic: Someone come defend the worst C's team in their History.  (Read 9075 times)

Re: Someone come defend the worst C's team in their History.
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 06:32:03 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
When Bret Szabo starts getting major minutes give me a call.
Yup

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 08:17:24 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
You missed the Pitino era I take it.

And the M.L. Carr era
And the Al Jefferson era.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 08:26:13 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Lafrentz/Blount duo says hi, too.

This is still a work in progress team, and it will be funny to revisit threads like this when they start to consistently play some D.

Go Celtics!

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 08:32:13 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Lafrentz/Blount duo says hi, too.

This is still a work in progress team, and it will be funny to revisit threads like this when they start to consistently play some D.

Go Celtics!

there is some names I could love to forget.   used to give me headaches watching.  I 'd turn off the TV

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 08:50:56 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I don't have to defend the Celtics, and certainly not to you.  I am only responsible for my own sense of loyalty, which, has always been and still is to the Celtics.

Sports results (as a small window on life) is a chance.  I hope for improvement.  You can cry about the past "recent" results  and ridicule peoples feelings if you are so inclined.  Just realize that your feelings about others's loyalties are usually returned in kind.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 09:02:25 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
we stopped being serious contenders in early 2011 when Shaq broke.  Then we managed to overachieve, ride the last fumes of our stretch, draw a couple easy teams and make it to the ECF last year.   We had been below .500 in the middle of last season.  This year isn't much different.  Wait until after the trade deadline to panic.  This was all expected.

Disagree.  From my perspective, we were very much a contender at the end of last season and in the playoffs.

I guess from your perspective in hindsight there's only ever one true contender. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 09:24:21 AM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Love the way the team is built, they just don't play small ball the way its supposed to be played. They play small, but run a half court offense, it just doesn't work. And I've said it many times before, but please stop all the PP iso's.

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 09:32:30 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 09:33:14 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This team is a lot of things.  Depressing, listless, poor defensively, etc.  None of it has surprised me one bit, though.

This team is by far from being the worst in Celtics' history.  There have been teams that finished full seasons with less wins than his team currently has.

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 09:33:53 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
over react much?! ::)

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 09:44:54 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Yeah, there have certainly been worse Celtics teams.

However, there are some clear and troubling conclusions developing: This group is not going to defend well, it isn't a particularly good shooting group and there are several players who simply are not capable of stringing several consistently good games together.

Hence the humor found here in the one-game love affairs that erupt with regularity on this board, such as the "OMG, can't trade Green and Sullinger" posts following the Brooklyn win on Christmas Day.

Yeah, you can, because neither has displayed anything remotely consistent in their play.

Ainge had an interesting idea when he assembled this roster, but it's becoming clear that the pieces do not fit and this group as assembled is not an elite, championship contender.

Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 10:19:02 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Yeah, there have certainly been worse Celtics teams.

However, there are some clear and troubling conclusions developing: This group is not going to defend well, it isn't a particularly good shooting group and there are several players who simply are not capable of stringing several consistently good games together.

Hence the humor found here in the one-game love affairs that erupt with regularity on this board, such as the "OMG, can't trade Green and Sullinger" posts following the Brooklyn win on Christmas Day.

Yeah, you can, because neither has displayed anything remotely consistent in their play.

Ainge had an interesting idea when he assembled this roster, but it's becoming clear that the pieces do not fit and this group as assembled is not an elite, championship contender.

Right on the money. I have been saying it all year. It is a team of mismatched parts that is not going to fit together. If guys still are not getting the defense after a full preseason and 28 games, I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden they are going to get it.

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 10:30:35 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
so u bandwagoned in 08 or sumthin dawg? lol u couldnt have been a fan in da mid 2000's when Justin Reed nd Scal was gettin rotation minutes dis aint da worse team in celtics history u overreacting like crazy rite now

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 10:50:31 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Sorry, but anyone who would make such a statement is just broadcasting to the world how little they know about Celtics history, (and basketball in general, for that matter).

I've been watching the Celtics since the sixties, and this team is so far from "the worst" that it's not even worth mentioning ... in fact, they're not even the worst of the last ten years!

They had a horrible game and got blown out by the Clips, so let's freak, everybody, (and they say the Mayans were over-reacting, lol!).

Geez.
ZING!
you have me by 10 years or more as a fan but before bird and the ml years were baaad

support your team through ups and downs, that is what being a celtic fan is all about

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 10:53:15 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
And, you don't remember the absolute 24-win garbage the Celtics put out there as recently as 2006-7 - despite the constant calls on this board to put that group of flotsam and jetsam back together.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."