Author Topic: Someone come defend the worst C's team in their History.  (Read 9059 times)

Someone come defend the worst C's team in their History.
« on: December 28, 2012, 01:58:25 AM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
As I could barely even begin to imagine any group with any self respect, would actually think they are fooling people into thinking they are giving a convincing appearance of effort to try and win a game. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I am as big a Celtic's fan as anyone. But I've been saying it all year. This is one of the worst teams other than the 'effort' guys I've ever seen in my life. No heart, no effort, nothing, they  are completely vacant and not even a team deserving of being watched or cared about this year.

I truly am sorry to all the fans that spent money to see the C's. I came so close to dropping decent money but then I would only resent them.

This season is a wash and not even a trade (unless it gets Jet, Lee, Green and Bass out of here) is going to save this team. I say that because those 4 players are an example of what not to be in a basketball player. Skiddish, scared, hesitant, no fire, no energy, listless, overpaid, lazy, no confidence, no chemistry, no pride in being paid to play a game, no effort, on heart, no desire or will to win. These 4 players specifically, Brandon Bass, Jeff Green, Jason Terry and Courtney Lee, have basically stolen money from you and should be ashamed of themselves.

I would rather see this team lose every game and at least give effort, put forth the perception that by getting paid 50k-150k a game, 30 minutes of pure heart, effort, desire, that you would try to give your fans a show, a game. Not the garbage the Celtics are putting on the court 75-80% of the time.

Funny I see people in comments not going to bed because they were only down by 15, must be nice to have such blind faith in a team like you do. So sad for me to see the truth.

The entire organization should be ashamed and embarrassed of this years team.

Re: Someone come defend the worst C's team in their History.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 02:04:07 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
You missed the Pitino era I take it.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 02:05:27 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
You missed the Pitino era I take it.

And the M.L. Carr era

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 02:07:56 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Nobody would be dumb enough to take those four players off our hands  because there ate no vin Baker style contracts to offer in return. So you have two choices:

1) Watch the team develop over the next fifty game
2) Go Away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 02:20:09 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I'm honestly not especially upset with any of the guys you listed.  Our biggest problem isn't what we have; it's what we don't have.  Nobody on this team is capable of being a force around the rim.  Garnett is a perimeter big now, and as a result our defense is a layup drill.  We MUST find a legitimate center to anchor this defense and help us on the glass.  Jason Collins sucks.  Wilcox is awful defensively.  Sullinger is mistake-prone and just doesn't have the length or athleticism to protect the rim.  A huge piece is missing from our team, and it's up to Ainge to find it.

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 02:23:06 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Oh goodness, I feel the need to respond to this dare.

I like this team, and I think they'll make some noise in the playoffs.  On top of that, I thought that for the most part they gave a good effort tonight. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 02:29:10 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Oh goodness, I feel the need to respond to this dare.

I like this team, and I think they'll make some noise in the playoffs.  On top of that, I thought that for the most part they gave a good effort tonight.

Don't you think something's wrong when a good effort gets you beaten by 30?

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 02:34:52 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
missed the 06-07 season??

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 02:53:38 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Sorry, but anyone who would make such a statement is just broadcasting to the world how little they know about Celtics history, (and basketball in general, for that matter).

I've been watching the Celtics since the sixties, and this team is so far from "the worst" that it's not even worth mentioning ... in fact, they're not even the worst of the last ten years!

They had a horrible game and got blown out by the Clips, so let's freak, everybody, (and they say the Mayans were over-reacting, lol!).

Geez.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 03:15:20 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
we stopped being serious contenders in early 2011 when Shaq broke.  Then we managed to overachieve, ride the last fumes of our stretch, draw a couple easy teams and make it to the ECF last year.   We had been below .500 in the middle of last season.  This year isn't much different.  Wait until after the trade deadline to panic.  This was all expected.

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 03:33:05 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
the Pitino era was the biggest bummer for me, I nearly stopped following the Celtics

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 03:33:18 AM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
The typical sky is falling thread after a bad loss.

There is a point when effort will not win you games. Clippers have won 15 straight games so it's obvious that they're a force to be reckon with, arguably the best team in the league right now. Our team as currently constituted is not ready to take down the elite of the NBA. It's not about effort. Tonight wasn't about effort. The Clippers are faster, younger, and more talented than us, period.

If it's hard for you right now, think about how Wizards fans feel. They'd be shouting for joy if they have our record. Be grateful that your team is one that is winning more often than not. And I am sure you know as a sports fan, there'll be highs and lows. Stay on the ship and we will all float on alright.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 04:01:25 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
You obviously haven't been a celtics fan for long if you think this is the worst team they've had.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 06:19:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Agree, some of the Pitino teams were much worse, the year ML Carr tanked was bad, year before Bird.   This team is still fun to watch at times.  The wagon is always moving, always room for some to jump on and jump off, I guess.

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 06:27:42 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
So you have two choices:

1) Watch the team develop over the next fifty game
2) Go Away.

I take

3) Blame the happy-go-lucky do-gooders among the fans for putting the players above the franchise and believing their own hype machine
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:36:19 AM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.