Author Topic: No Toughness. No Pride. Little Effort. No Nothing.  (Read 12590 times)

Re: No Toughness. No Pride. Little Effort. No Nothing.
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2012, 02:39:05 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
the clippers were on fire, and we played below average. Matt Barnes was hitting everything, blake was hitting everything.
It was a good night for them.
Play us in a 7 game series in 5 months and we'll see what happens.

Blake Griffin is such a wimp/flopper/over rated chump too.

Seems I have read almost these same words, with different player names, for many of the Celtics' losses this year. Every good team the Celts play seem to be on fire. The Clippers would win 8 out of every 10 games they played against the Celtics.

And the criticism of Blake Griffin is hysterical. Just like the criticism I have read about Jalen Rose in another thread. Please -- Griffin is one of the best power forwards in the league. I don't get the irrational criticism of some of the league's best players.

So you read the same words last year too when we made the ECF with a worse record than we have now?
Blake Griffin is 100% over rated and needs to steadily improve his skillset to combine it with his athleticism.
The guy gets praised like he's Kevin Durant or Lebron but he's no where near an All Star level talent.

1. Blake Griffin IS an all star

2. Last year, with the lockout, was an anomaly.

3. There is no way the defense was EVER this bad last year.

4. This team seems to have picked up players that just don't get the defense and don't seem that they will ever get the defense. Maybe a low basketball IQ for some of them, I don't know.

5. Pierce is a year older, and while he has had some stellar games, he has had a lot of stinkers (I know, he is 8th in the league in scoring or something like that). On nights like tonight he looks like he is 20 years older. He will have more great games this season, but it seems like the consistency is gone.

6. The KG minutes thing has gotten ridiculous. You could almost put together a great comedy sketch about it. He played 4 minutes and 30 seconds in the first quarter tonight and that was it. He hits his first shot and then is out of the game. Even Scal said it is crazy. Whether KG is part of this plan or not, they simply are not going to win many games against good teams when their best big man is playing 4 plus minutes in the first quarter. Just won't work.

Point number 6 ...is well put. what was Doc doing...I think  DOC FOLDED ...right there...he wasn't using KG...its like Doc is saving him like a LAST MEAL ....

Doc didn't give a rats set of nads , he wasn't going to use KG up to win the game..  With out Rondo, Doc figured KG would kill himself trying to win this game. Doc counted it as loss without Rondo, he just went though the motions.

So DOC quit....he flat out GAVE UP...... what a loser.

Pops does this all the time.  The difference is, he has the players to do it.

I doubt anyone considers Pops a loser.  The choice as to whom is on the roster is up to the GM.

The Spurs also have a winning record and can take a day off.  This was a discrace to everybody involved/   When KG was taken out , FAT Pierce and LAzy terry figured DOc has given up , so they coasted along , just for sake of a show.

Pop also would tolerate LOSERS like Pierce and Terry stinking up the rest of the team either ..or alot of other losuy play.

« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2012, 03:10:43 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I don't want to get into a black hole argument. It's all opinion at the end of the day. If you think there aren't 9 players that are better than Blake Griffin in the Western conference, or 3 power forwards, that's your opinion.

Young teams like the Clippers, GSW, even SAC are going to be pumped to play the legendary Celtics.
How many times have we seen a young team go crazy with adrenaline against us? Did you see how emotional the players on the Clippers and GSW were for simply hitting a three pointer against their idols KG and Pierce?
Rondo wasn't playing. We turned a 20 point deficit into an 8 point deficit. We shot HORRIDLY. They shot out of their dang minds- BOTH nights.

Please don't over react to a few road losses against up and coming young teams. I remember when people did this last year vs Philly and it was like OMG HOW CAN WE EVEN WIN ONE GAME IN A PLAYOFF SERIES!

Just playing the C's at home for these young teams is like a playoff game for them. While we limp through the regular season, get new players adjusted and get our defense right, teams like this will come and go.

But if you think the Warriors or the Clippers will shoot like that in a 7 game series it's highly unlikely.
The calls we got? Some bogus officiating just as we hit the 8 point mark.

8 points at the start of the 4th, from 20 points down. With no Rondo, against a young and solid team, shooting the lights out.

Don't jump off the cliff just yet.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2012, 10:49:27 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Alleged contenders beat good teams or are at least competitive teams. This team is not a contender.

« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2012, 11:06:49 AM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Alleged contenders beat good teams or are at least competitive teams. This team is not a contender.

This Boston team has had two great play-off runs in recent memory with worse regular season losses than this.

Yes, this Cs team is playing poorly right now. Congratulations on your miraculous insight into the world of basketball. It is plain as day that they need to get better. The mechanism of that varies by what your opinion of the problem is. But that's irrelevant.

Basically, why do you need to be such a pessimist? This team has shown great turnarounds in recent memory. And the pessimists like you always disappear when that happens, then reappear as soon as they lose, and it irritates me.

« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2012, 11:10:36 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

This Boston team has had two great play-off runs in recent memory with worse regular season losses than this.

Yes, this Cs team is playing poorly right now. Congratulations on your miraculous insight into the world of basketball. It is plain as day that they need to get better. The mechanism of that varies by what your opinion of the problem is. But that's irrelevant.

Basically, why do you need to be such a pessimist? This team has shown great turnarounds in recent memory. And the pessimists like you always disappear when that happens, then reappear as soon as they lose, and it irritates me.

I never disappear. Have been a fan for nearly 50 years. These are the worst back to back losses in 10 years. This team is not a contender.

« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2012, 11:17:13 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think almost 30 games in, you should see some improvement. Team still lacks rebounding...defense is a huge issue (esp. pick and roll) and they seem to have no idea how to play together

I don't think anyone thought they would be under .500 at this point...and sooner or later they need to show us if they have anything.

I don't want to wait until the All Star break to "get things figured out". It needs to start now. 30 games into a season is plenty to at least address issue that continue to haunt them. Those issues are now becoming entrenched

« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2012, 11:27:22 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Paul Pierce's play defensively is very worrying.

It's looking like he has lost a lot on that end of the floor.

« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2012, 11:38:09 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Paul Pierce's play defensively is very worrying.

It's looking like he has lost a lot on that end of the floor.

You know what?  We shouldn't have to be that worried about that.  What's worrying is that you could see clear signs that Pierce was starting to measurably decline last season, yet Doc apparently made no plans to adjust for that on either offense or defense.

There's a lot of things wrong with our defense, but I suspect a big thing is that while Doc is happy to rip somebody like Sully when he misses a rotation, he lets Pierce and especially Terry stink it up out there with no reaction.

Mike 

« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2012, 11:38:15 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Come out with all the negative thoughts and observations that you want because I have heard them all before in 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12. Yet those teams turned things around late in the season and the playoffs and were a Game 6 Perkins injury away from a ring, a cheap dirty play by Wade away from a possible deep playoff run, and an injured Avery Bradley away from beating late year's champs in the ECFs.

They're slow.
They're old.
They aren't playing good defense.
They aren't playing good offense.
Doc sucks.
Doc isn't playing the rookies enough.
Doc is playing the older guys too much.
Thibideau is gone, he was the defensive mastermind.
Franks is gone, he was the defensive mastermind.
James Posey is gone, we needed him.
Tony Allen is gone, we needed him.
Kendrick Perkins is gone, we needed him.
Ray Allen is gone, we need him.
Rondo doesn't play defense.
Rondo dribbles too much.
Rondo can't shoot.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.

I have heard it all before.

I'll believe this team can't be good and won't be ready for the playoffs when they are eliminated from playing for a ring before the playoffs start or are beat by a better team in a 7 game playoff series.

« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2012, 11:43:44 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
Come out with all the negative thoughts and observations that you want because I have heard them all before in 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12. Yet those teams turned things around late in the season and the playoffs and were a Game 6 Perkins injury away from a ring, a cheap dirty play by Wade away from a possible deep playoff run, and an injured Avery Bradley away from beating late year's champs in the ECFs.

They're slow.
They're old.
Doc sucks.
Rondo dribbles too much.
Rondo can't shoot.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.

I'll believe this team can't be good and won't be ready for the playoffs when they are eliminated from playing for a ring before the playoffs start or are beat by a better team in a 7 game playoff series.

I love how there are always legitimate excuses for why the Celtics lose, but never any legitimate criticisms to be made.  The Celtics can never fail.  They can only be failed.

Mike

« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

They're slow.
They're old.
Doc sucks.
Rondo dribbles too much.
Rondo can't shoot.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.

I love how there are always legitimate excuses for why the Celtics lose, but never any legitimate criticisms to be made.  The Celtics can never fail.  They can only be failed.

Mike
Sorry Mike, history is on my side.

This team has played amazing basketball late in the year and in the playoffs the past three seasons after being constantly written off by many, many, many, many fans on this site earlier in each year.

I will believe they are done when they are eliminated and not a minute before.

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2012, 12:01:06 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker

They're slow.
They're old.
Doc sucks.
Rondo dribbles too much.
Rondo can't shoot.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.

Mike

This team has played amazing basketball late in the year and in the playoffs the past three seasons after being constantly written off by many, many, many, many fans on this site earlier in each year.

Uh, they did not play "amazing" basketball in the playoffs two years ago.

Mike

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2012, 12:01:30 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

They're slow.
They're old.
Doc sucks.
Rondo dribbles too much.
Rondo can't shoot.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.

Mike

Worst back to back losses in 10 years says a lot. No one will win this argument until they are eliminated from the playoffs - provided of course they make the playoffs.

« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2012, 01:53:50 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

They're slow.
They're old.
Doc sucks.
Rondo dribbles too much.
Rondo can't shoot.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.

Mike

Worst back to back losses in 10 years says a lot. No one will win this argument until they are eliminated from the playoffs - provided of course they make the playoffs.

You're right there.  It's undeniable that the Celtics are playing like hot garbage right now, but all some of us are saying is that there is some evidence to lead us to believe that they can turn it around.  We'll see what happens. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2012, 02:55:15 PM »

Offline The_Truth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28

They're slow.
They're old.
Doc sucks.
Rondo dribbles too much.
Rondo can't shoot.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.

Did we win the championship on any of those seasons? That's why you heard that.