Author Topic: No Toughness. No Pride. Little Effort. No Nothing.  (Read 12585 times)

Re: No Toughness. No Pride. Little Effort. No Nothing.
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2012, 11:32:38 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
A minute or so into the 2nd quarter, the Cs cut the lead to four, and then Lee had a mental breakdown and let Crawford loose for a back door layup. Then green throws up a 10 foot garbage shot, followed by a bad pass the next possession and then Terry getting his feeble layup attempt stuffed by 300 pound Lamar Odom, and the Clips pusshed their lead back to 12 by scoring every time down and the game was never in doubt after that.

When you're on the road against good teams, you have to play tight defense and make plays.  The Cs didn't to that when they had an opportunity to make a game out of it.  A strong minded team would have hunkered down in the paint down four and on a run, and forced the Clips to make an outside shot.  Instead Lee gave up a gimmie hoop.  Then Green followed that gift up by taking a garbage shot and then throwing the ball away. 

The Clips thrive on cheap hoops and turnovers. You can't just give hand them those things and stay in the game.

This roster has too many weak minded individuals on it.  A shake up is needed.     

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2012, 11:40:37 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I will defend anyone who is optimistic about Bradley.

To those dissing the optimism about his return ... .did you watch him last season? ?? ?  ?  ?

Bradley was nothing short of amazing. It was truly gratifying to watch for those of us who believed in him before he actually delivered.

If we had him vs Miami, we win. If we have him and healthy Ray, it might have been over in 5.

This kid is a total difference maker with awesome talent. What, about 9 months have past so now it didn't really happen? Avery Bradley was outstanding when he got minutes last year and his shoulders will be fine.

If you recall, Perk also had bad shoulders and you never heard about it again after surgery. Drew Brees had shoulder surgery and Miami passed on him. He's undersized too. How'd that work out for Miami? Oh, Tom Brady had some shoulder surgery circa 2002. We should have DUMPED him while we had the chance!! Is modern medicine somehow not going to work out for Avery Bradley and his shoulders? C'mon. The kid is a beast.

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2012, 11:40:51 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Weak-minded or weak-willed players is the real problem with this team. The above poster nailed it.

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2012, 11:45:24 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
The common denominator is Doc Rivers. Danny finds him talent that he doesn't play. At this point ask yourselves would you have traded Etwaun Moore for what we got in return now?

Yeah, I do that trade 50 times again and don't question it. Etwaun Moore isn't exactly lighting the world on fire in Orlando, he's had some decent moments. But he's been in and out of the starting line up all season for a team with lottery aspirations. Courtney Lee is a proven guy that's played a key part on a team that's been to the Finals - he's having a tough shooting season, but his defense has been as advertised.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2012, 11:45:44 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Those are decent observations, as individual players go.

The problem is, this is a team game. It is not an individual game, and it's growing increasingly obvious - in my opinion - that these individuals do not fit together.

At this point, I am growing increasingly pessimistic that this group will ever be anything more than a .500 team, given its inability to defend, its general lack of consistent outside scoring and the elephant in the room - rebounding.

Danny should move quickly, again in my opinion, after 1/15 to break this group up.
Just out of morbid curiosity, since when you chime in it's typically with critiques of what you see being done wrong by C's or what's wrong with the players in general, who is it that you think Danny should be targetting?  I'm not disagreeing that there aren't some major deficiencies here or that something should be done (in fact I agree), just curious as to who you'd think would be the solution here.

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2012, 12:05:54 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

The problem is, this is a team game. It is not an individual game, and it's growing increasingly obvious - in my opinion - that these individuals do not fit together.

At this point, I am growing increasingly pessimistic that this group will ever be anything more than a .500 team, given its inability to defend, its general lack of consistent outside scoring and the elephant in the room - rebounding.

Danny should move quickly, again in my opinion, after 1/15 to break this group up.
Just out of morbid curiosity, since when you chime in it's typically with critiques of what you see being done wrong by C's or what's wrong with the players in general, who is it that you think Danny should be targetting?  I'm not disagreeing that there aren't some major deficiencies here or that something should be done (in fact I agree), just curious as to who you'd think would be the solution here.

I can't speak for CoachBo, but I would trade for Demarcus Cousins. It fixes our biggest weakness and gives us a legit star to build with Rondo after KG and Pierce retire. Please don't tell me you would prefer to build around Bradley, we is not a cornerstone for a contending team.

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2012, 12:12:10 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The common denominator is Doc Rivers. Danny finds him talent that he doesn't play. At this point ask yourselves would you have traded Etwaun Moore for what we got in return now?

Yeah, I do that trade 50 times again and don't question it. Etwaun Moore isn't exactly lighting the world on fire in Orlando, he's had some decent moments. But he's been in and out of the starting line up all season for a team with lottery aspirations. Courtney Lee is a proven guy that's played a key part on a team that's been to the Finals - he's having a tough shooting season, but his defense has been as advertised.

You really, REALLY, honestly, think that not having Etwaun Moore is the problem? I mean seriously. Dude is having trouble playing for the Magic. You really think Etwaun Moore would be saving the celtics right now? Get a grip.

Like the above man says i do that trade 50 times again, heck, 100 times again, and dont have one thought or regret otherwise.

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2012, 12:19:27 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
We're just too small. That's what it comes down to. We have no size to protect the rim and get some points in the paint. I would not include Melo in any deal. I would however move Bradley and Sully.

You need length and size in the league. I can't believe how many people are so firm on keeping undersized SGs and PFs but perfectly willing to throw a 7 footer into every trade.

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2012, 12:19:51 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

You really, REALLY, honestly, think that not having Etwaun Moore is the problem? I mean seriously. Dude is having trouble playing for the Magic. You really think Etwaun Moore would be saving the celtics right now? Get a grip.

Like the above man says i do that trade 50 times again, heck, 100 times again, and dont have one thought or regret otherwise.

LOL, and with that Etwaun Moore has now taken his rightful place next to Gerald Green and Sebastian Telfair in the Celticsblog hall of fame.

« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2012, 10:21:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I can't speak for CoachBo, but I would trade for Demarcus Cousins. It fixes our biggest weakness and gives us a legit star to build with Rondo after KG and Pierce retire. Please don't tell me you would prefer to build around Bradley, we is not a cornerstone for a contending team.
thanks for your 2 cents.  I was actually looking for his specific input since I see a lot of criticism but no suggestions for better options other than obtaining the top players in the NBA (CP3 in particular in the past).

As for Cousins, I'd move AB OR Sully for him but not both.  Use other discardable pieces like Bass, Lee, Green, JET to get the deal done but the team needs more than 1 player that's got some talent with room to improve.

I think we can address the problem (not longterm like Cousins would do) by getting an older vet (say Okafur or Dalembert) that plugs the middle and would not cost us most of our prime assets.  This team is currently structured to be together 3 years so with most of the current players gone by then, we could reload with the open cap space.

« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2012, 10:24:21 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I think you just have to be patient. This has been our style. I am just worried we start playing worse since it is after XMas and stuff.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2012, 10:35:44 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

thanks for your 2 cents.  I was actually looking for his specific input since I see a lot of criticism but no suggestions for better options other than obtaining the top players in the NBA (CP3 in particular in the past).

As for Cousins, I'd move AB OR Sully for him but not both.  Use other discardable pieces like Bass, Lee, Green, JET to get the deal done but the team needs more than 1 player that's got some talent with room to improve.

I think we can address the problem (not longterm like Cousins would do) by getting an older vet (say Okafur or Dalembert) that plugs the middle and would not cost us most of our prime assets.  This team is currently structured to be together 3 years so with most of the current players gone by then, we could reload with the open cap space.

I agree, getting Dalembert or Okafor is a great option, and the better option if the Kings insist on both Bradley and Sullinger in a deal for Cousins. I agree that giving up both of them is too much. I'm pretty sure we get a legit big man by mid February, likely Okafor or Dalembert for cheap, heck, maybe even as a buyout.

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2012, 10:46:16 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
I agree, getting Dalembert or Okafor is a great option, and the better option if the Kings insist on both Bradley and Sullinger in a deal for Cousins. I agree that giving up both of them is too much. I'm pretty sure we get a legit big man by mid February, likely Okafor or Dalembert for cheap, heck, maybe even as a buyout.

An interesting thing to notice re. Dalembert...
Lee for Dalembert doesn't work salary-wise.
Lee and Varnado for Dalembert does.

« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2012, 01:54:37 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
the clippers were on fire, and we played below average. Matt Barnes was hitting everything, blake was hitting everything.
It was a good night for them.
Play us in a 7 game series in 5 months and we'll see what happens.

Blake Griffin is such a wimp/flopper/over rated chump too.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2012, 02:06:03 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
the clippers were on fire, and we played below average. Matt Barnes was hitting everything, blake was hitting everything.
It was a good night for them.
Play us in a 7 game series in 5 months and we'll see what happens.

Blake Griffin is such a wimp/flopper/over rated chump too.

The Clip have the best record in the league and we are a .500 team.  They also have the deepest team in the league.  What makes you think we can beat them in 7 in 5 months time?  They also have the best point guard in the league.