Author Topic: No Toughness. No Pride. Little Effort. No Nothing.  (Read 12586 times)

Re: No Toughness. No Pride. Little Effort. No Nothing.
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2012, 02:30:35 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
They have the best record because they've had one of the easiest schedules. Their win streak has been against the weaker teams in the NBA. They are pretenders and aren't getting anywhere with Griffin and Jordan as a back court.

I remember when people said the Knicks and Nets were contenders too but they're pretenders.

Rajon Rondo is statistically the best point guard in the league this season so that nullifies Chris Paul, the match up is even.

What makes me think we can beat them?
Well we were up 3 games to 2 vs Miami and had a worse record at this time last year.
Funny how quickly people forget.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2012, 02:39:04 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Honestly, I'm just waiting for a trade to happen....

« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2012, 03:15:34 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
Everyone's covered a lot of ground during this discussion. This whole season has been anti-climactic.  But...

- No doubt Doc stays on.  Danny has his back.  However, like everyone else, I have no idea what Jason Collins is doing starting.
- Rondo is carrying the team.  KG and PP are trying their best, but age is bringing them down.
- I agree with someone else who said that Avery will eventually get traded to another team who overvalues him.  This season or another it will happen.
- Jeff Green is as mediocre a player as there is in the league, and as far as position adjusted win score per 48 minutes he's the worst small forward in the league.
- I still think Danny is smarter than anyone gives him credit for.  If EVERYONE on this board wouldn't have given him that contract, there's no way Danny would have signed Jeff Green to 9 million dollars a season unless he absolutely was intent on eventually trading him in a package for a superstar.
- Danny was at the game.  He knows what's up. Right now we would barely even make the playoffs, let alone contend for a title.
- Picking up Okafor or Dalembert later in the season as they most likely get bought out was a good point someone made.
- Like someone else said, I'm just waiting for a trade to happen.  By the trading deadline will either or all Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, Courtney Lee be in a Celtic uniform?  I doubt it...  No doubt a trade's coming, and although many of you wouldn't take them back in a trade if you were a general manager, thankfully there are plenty of horrible general managers out there, and Danny is a great salesman.  One of his best qualities.
-  I can't wait until February 15th!!! (trade deadline)

« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2012, 02:13:14 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
the clippers were on fire, and we played below average. Matt Barnes was hitting everything, blake was hitting everything.
It was a good night for them.
Play us in a 7 game series in 5 months and we'll see what happens.

Blake Griffin is such a wimp/flopper/over rated chump too.

Seems I have read almost these same words, with different player names, for many of the Celtics' losses this year. Every good team the Celts play seem to be on fire. The Clippers would win 8 out of every 10 games they played against the Celtics.

And the criticism of Blake Griffin is hysterical. Just like the criticism I have read about Jalen Rose in another thread. Please -- Griffin is one of the best power forwards in the league. I don't get the irrational criticism of some of the league's best players.

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2012, 03:26:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I agree, getting Dalembert or Okafor is a great option, and the better option if the Kings insist on both Bradley and Sullinger in a deal for Cousins. I agree that giving up both of them is too much. I'm pretty sure we get a legit big man by mid February, likely Okafor or Dalembert for cheap, heck, maybe even as a buyout.

An interesting thing to notice re. Dalembert...
Lee for Dalembert doesn't work salary-wise.
Lee and Varnado for Dalembert does.
nice catch -- TP

« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2012, 07:22:49 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Is there any indication that Sam Dalembert would pick Boston to sign with if he's bought out?  I would think that Miami would be a natural choice, since he's from Haiti and has a home in Miami. 

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Is there any indication that Sam Dalembert would pick Boston to sign with if he's bought out?  I would think that Miami would be a natural choice, since he's from Haiti and has a home in Miami.

I just don't see Dalembert being bought out. If he somehow is though, yea, the Heat makes the most sense for him.

« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
There would be some hope that Miami wouldn't pursue him that strongly given their small-ball preference and/or that Dalembert chooses to go elsewhere to play more minutes if Miami was only willing to offer him 10-15mpg off the bench behind Chris Bosh.

I agree Miami has a leg up on the competition here but it still looks like a fluid situation to me. Could go a couple different ways.

« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2012, 08:18:29 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
They have the best record because they've had one of the easiest schedules. Their win streak has been against the weaker teams in the NBA. They are pretenders and aren't getting anywhere with Griffin and Jordan as a back court.

I remember when people said the Knicks and Nets were contenders too but they're pretenders.

Rajon Rondo is statistically the best point guard in the league this season so that nullifies Chris Paul, the match up is even.

Well we were up 3 games to 2 vs Miami and had a worse record at this time last year.

Don't be bitter. Clips are a good team. 15 game win streak is no easy feat no matter who you play.

« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2012, 08:30:20 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

Don't be bitter. Clips are a good team. 15 game win streak is no easy feat no matter who you play.

make that a 16-gamer!

« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2012, 09:50:12 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
the clippers were on fire, and we played below average. Matt Barnes was hitting everything, blake was hitting everything.

Seems I have read almost these same words, with different player names, for many of the Celtics' losses this year. Every good team the Celts play seem to be on fire. The Clippers would win 8 out of every 10 games they played against the Celtics.

And the criticism of Blake Griffin is hysterical. Just like the criticism I have read about Jalen Rose in another thread. Please -- Griffin is one of the best power forwards in the league. I don't get the irrational criticism of some of the league's best players.

So you read the same words last year too when we made the ECF with a worse record than we have now?
Blake Griffin is 100% over rated and needs to steadily improve his skillset to combine it with his athleticism.
The guy gets praised like he's Kevin Durant or Lebron but he's no where near an All Star level talent.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2012, 09:58:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

So you read the same words last year too when we made the ECF with a worse record than we have now?
Blake Griffin is 100% over rated and needs to steadily improve his skillset to combine it with his athleticism.
The guy gets praised like he's Kevin Durant or Lebron but he's no where near an All Star level talent.

You don't consider Blake Griffin an All-Star caliber player? Why not?

« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2012, 01:34:42 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

1. Blake Griffin IS an all star

2. Last year, with the lockout, was an anomaly.

3. There is no way the defense was EVER this bad last year.

4. This team seems to have picked up players that just don't get the defense and don't seem that they will ever get the defense. Maybe a low basketball IQ for some of them, I don't know.

5. Pierce is a year older, and while he has had some stellar games, he has had a lot of stinkers (I know, he is 8th in the league in scoring or something like that). On nights like tonight he looks like he is 20 years older. He will have more great games this season, but it seems like the consistency is gone.

6. The KG minutes thing has gotten ridiculous. You could almost put together a great comedy sketch about it. He played 4 minutes and 30 seconds in the first quarter tonight and that was it. He hits his first shot and then is out of the game. Even Scal said it is crazy. Whether KG is part of this plan or not, they simply are not going to win many games against good teams when their best big man is playing 4 plus minutes in the first quarter. Just won't work.

« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2012, 02:13:40 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

4. This team seems to have picked up players that just don't get the defense and don't seem that they will ever get the defense. Maybe a low basketball IQ for some of them, I don't know.

5. Pierce is a year older, and while he has had some stellar games, he has had a lot of stinkers (I know, he is 8th in the league in scoring or something like that). On nights like tonight he looks like he is 20 years older. He will have more great games this season, but it seems like the consistency is gone.

6. The KG minutes thing has gotten ridiculous. You could almost put together a great comedy sketch about it. He played 4 minutes and 30 seconds in the first quarter tonight and that was it. He hits his first shot and then is out of the game. Even Scal said it is crazy. Whether KG is part of this plan or not, they simply are not going to win many games against good teams when their best big man is playing 4 plus minutes in the first quarter. Just won't work.

Point number 6 ...is well put. what was Doc doing...I think  DOC FOLDED ...right there...he wasn't using KG...its like Doc is saving him like a LAST MEAL ....

Doc didn't give a rats set of nads , he wasn't going to use KG up to win the game..  With out Rondo, Doc figured KG would kill himself trying to win this game. Doc counted it as loss without Rondo, he just went though the motions.

So DOC quit....he flat out GAVE UP...... what a loser.

« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2012, 02:18:55 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Point number 6 ...is well put. what was Doc doing...I think  DOC FOLDED ...right there...he wasn't using KG...its like Doc is saving him like a LAST MEAL ....

Doc didn't give a rats set of nads , he wasn't going to use KG up to win the game..  With out Rondo, Doc figured KG would kill himself trying to win this game. Doc counted it as loss without Rondo, he just went though the motions.

So DOC quit....he flat out GAVE UP...... what a loser.

Pops does this all the time.  The difference is, he has the players to do it.

I doubt anyone considers Pops a loser.  The choice as to whom is on the roster is up to the GM.