Author Topic: No Toughness. No Pride. Little Effort. No Nothing.  (Read 12599 times)

Re: No Toughness. No Pride. Little Effort. No Nothing.
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 01:37:34 AM »

Offline diddybop

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Brandon Bass has been the  worst Celtic by far this year. They guy can't make a decision without hesitating first. Watching him get a rebound and hold the ball and hesitate making the outlet pass is infuriating. The only positive to his game was the midrange jumper which is nowhere to be found this year. He's laid up so many bricks this year its unbelievable. He has no moves, is a terrible passer and not a smart player. I can't believe he's regressed so much this year. At least last year he was pretty money from midrange.

Bass, Lee and Green have been dreadful this year. But Bass has been a notch above the rest as far as awfulness goes.

(edited for formatting)

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 01:38:48 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Need a starting center. Collins playing 17 minutes and recording 1 stat (a rebound) isn't going to cut it. On a team with too much depth, Collins is now playing 20 minutes a game? I don't get it doc.
I want Bass back in there. He is the only big man on the team outside of KG that I remotely trust with regular minutes.

He's been so bad this season though.  Not hitting the J, extremely hesitant/tentative, bad rebounding, late rotations.

Not like I'm happy with the other options but I've lost my trust in Bass.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 01:39:49 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
This team right now is just dysfunctional.

Bass has completely fallen off a cliff, Courtney Lee has no-showed, Jeff is shaping up to be the comeback that never was, our frontcourt depth is a joke. As far as the main 3 - KG is 36, he is what he is now. Paul can be so frustrating at times when he goes into hero mode, and Rondo isn't suddenly going to morph into the transcendent talent like some think he well.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 01:40:04 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
TONIGHTS EFFORT

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 01:42:22 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I missed the first few minutes of the first due to that stupid overtime game between the Thunder and the Mavs.  They were already down fourteen by the time I started watching.

It was a 15 point game after three, I then missed the beginning of the fourth, and we were down 25 by the time I started watching again.  So, by my calculations, we only lost by four during the stretch that I saw. 

And, I actually liked the effort I saw during those forty minutes or so that I caught.  We didn't look all that great, but I thought the guys fought hard.

Disappointed in the end of the bench crew that was out there to finish the game.  Didn't think they closed it out with pride.

Loved the hard foul from Sully on Griffin.  I had no problem with the flagrant one; right call.  At first glance, it looked to me like Blake was complaining that the refs were contemplating even calling anything more than a regular, run of the mill hard foul.  It appeared to me that he was saying something along the lines of; "I'm good ref.  Just a hard foul." 

I can't stand Chris Paul, but I wouldn't mind finding a way to get Big Ginger in Green.

That Clips team looks nasty.  I could find myself rooting for them to come out of the West.

I don't really see a trade that will help what ails us right now.  I think the improvement needs to come from within. 

I still see it coming. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 01:42:44 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Hope you're reading, Danny.
Yeah, Danny. Don't forget your magic wand. And the pointy hat.
Goodness you're sassy. Can't a fan just blame his scapegoat in peace?

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 01:43:45 AM »

Offline diddybop

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6

Bass has completely fallen off a cliff, Courtney Lee has no-showed, Jeff is shaping up to be the comeback that never was, our frontcourt depth is a joke. As far as the main 3 - KG is 36, he is what he is now. Paul can be so frustrating at times when he goes into hero mode, and Rondo isn't suddenly going to morph into the transcendent talent like some think he well.

Rondo has taken too many nights off, when he was supposed to be up there in MVP voting this year. It's really tough to watch, especially as one of his biggest supporters. If things don't go his way, he gets into such a stubborn mode.

I honestly can't believe Brandon Bass has been this putrid. Jeff Green, is a guy who has had a negative +/- number every single year of his career, I wasn't expecting him to be a difference maker. Never would have thought Courtney Lee would be this bad. Thats about 20mil/year right there. Danny is going to have to work some magic, because this is a bad situation. Real bad.

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 01:45:47 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Need a starting center. Collins playing 17 minutes and recording 1 stat (a rebound) isn't going to cut it. On a team with too much depth, Collins is now playing 20 minutes a game? I don't get it doc.
I want Bass back in there. He is the only big man on the team outside of KG that I remotely trust with regular minutes.

He's been so bad this season though.  Not hitting the J, extremely hesitant/tentative, bad rebounding, late rotations.

Not like I'm happy with the other options but I've lost my trust in Bass.

Bass has been knocking down 46% of his long two point jump shots. That is one of the best rates in the league for big men. He is doing his job.

I think Bass' defense and rebounding is pretty similar to what it was last season. His defense is just more exposed without Bradley out there alongside him. But for me, it's pretty much in line with what Bass was doing last season.

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 01:47:31 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I missed the first few minutes of the first due to that stupid overtime game between the Thunder and the Mavs.  They were already down fourteen by the time I started watching.

It was a 15 point game after three, I then missed the beginning of the fourth, and we were down 25 by the time I started watching again.  So, by my calculations, we only lost by four during the stretch that I saw. 

And, I actually liked the effort I saw during those forty minutes or so that I caught.  We didn't look all that great, but I thought the guys fought hard.

Disappointed in the end of the bench crew that was out there to finish the game.  Didn't think they closed it out with pride.

Loved the hard foul from Sully on Griffin.  I had no problem with the flagrant one; right call.  At first glance, it looked to me like Blake was complaining that the refs were contemplating even calling anything more than a regular, run of the mill hard foul.  It appeared to me that he was saying something along the lines of; "I'm good ref.  Just a hard foul." 

I can't stand Chris Paul, but I wouldn't mind finding a way to get Big Ginger in Green.

That Clips team looks nasty.  I could find myself rooting for them to come out of the West.

I don't really see a trade that will help what ails us right now.  I think the improvement needs to come from within. 

I still see it coming.

I have to ask. What have you seen in the last few weeks that says they are going to get better? They have lost 5 out of 7 games and they have played horribly in 4 of those losses. What am I missing?

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 01:49:04 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

I still see it coming.

I have to ask. What have you seen in the last few weeks that says they are going to get better? They have lost 5 out of 7 games and they have played horribly in 4 of those losses. What am I missing?

It's hard to pinpoint right now.  I'll get back to you.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 01:50:02 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

Rondo has taken too many nights off, when he was supposed to be up there in MVP voting this year. It's really tough to watch, especially as one of his biggest supporters. If things don't go his way, he gets into such a stubborn mode.

I honestly can't believe Brandon Bass has been this putrid. Jeff Green, is a guy who has had a negative +/- number every single year of his career, I wasn't expecting him to be a difference maker. Never would have thought Courtney Lee would be this bad. Thats about 20mil/year right there. Danny is going to have to work some magic, because this is a bad situation. Real bad.

eh the whole rondo taking nights off thing is a bit overblown this season.he may not be an mvp and has lapses on defense but he's been  consistent this year while no one else has.

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 01:51:14 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

I still see it coming.

It's hard to pinpoint right now.  I'll get back to you.

:) ;D :)

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 01:52:33 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

eh the whole rondo taking nights off thing is a bit overblown this season.he may not be an mvp and has lapses on defense but he's been  consistent this year while no one else has.

Night off?  Rondo might have sucked a little bit in this one, but from what I saw he was working his dang tail off tonight. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 01:53:27 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Here was a game that could have gave me hope , even a close loss might have been encouraging ,  the result was exactly what my common sense told me would happen.  A rotten blowout  >:(

The owner (s) need to jump on Danny's ear .

This team just DIED on the VINE tonight .. TURRBLE !!!

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 01:54:13 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
by far one of da worst games since KG got here. reminded me of when Orien Greene nd Brandon Hunter was gettin rotation minutes straight filth. we da most inconsistent team in da league da effort nd energy has to get betta or sumthin is gonna go down durin da trade deadline nd ima optimistic poster on here