Author Topic: All Star voting: Second returns.  (Read 4576 times)

All Star voting: Second returns.
« on: December 27, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/12/27/all-star-ballot-update-2/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

The second returns are in for All star voting. It doesn't look like D-Will can catch Rondo for a starting spot.  KG is hanging on to his lead over Bosh.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Re: All Star voting: Second returns.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 08:51:51 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
That Garnett vs Bosh battle looks like it'll go down to the wire.

The CP3 vs Jeremy Lin battle is the only other contested All-Star spot. All the other spots appear to be locked up.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 09:30:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
That Garnett vs Bosh battle looks like it'll go down to the wire.

The CP3 vs Jeremy Lin battle is the only other contested All-Star spot. All the other spots appear to be locked up.

Yea, I'm using all my chances to vote for Garnett. The most undeserved spot so far goes to Dwight Howard. I mean, he's had an awful season so far and he's going to be an all-star game starter? Give it to Blake Griffin or Omer Asik.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Yea, I'm using all my chances to vote for Garnett. The most undeserved spot so far goes to Dwight Howard. I mean, he's had an awful season so far and he's going to be an all-star game starter? Give it to Blake Griffin or Omer Asik.

Dwight Howard, in his awful season, is averaging 17.5 and 12 on on 57% shooting.

Griffin is averaging 18.1 and 8 on 57% shooting. I don't think it's a stretch to say Howard is having a better year.

I won't even bother with Asik, who has a barely above average PER of 14.99. 

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 09:50:05 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Geez, when was the last time we had two Celtics starting?  Russell?  Cowens/Havelick?  Did the original big 3 ever pull it off?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 09:51:33 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Rondo leading all pg's I'm not surprised by at all, but KG being close to starting in the ASG especially this deep in his career surprised me.
I want KG to rest, but him starting with Rondo along with the LBJ, Wade and Carmelo would be interesting to see especially with the LBJ and Wade.

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 09:52:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Dwight Howard, in his awful season, is averaging 17.5 and 12 on on 57% shooting.

Griffin is averaging 18.1 and 8 on 57% shooting. I don't think it's a stretch to say Howard is having a better year.

Asik is averaging 11 and 12 on 59% shooting. As for PER, Drummond's PER is higher than Howards's, does that mean Drummond should start the all-star game?

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 09:54:20 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Griffin's going to be a starter as the third front court player along with Durant and Howard.  I don't have any real complaints about that.  I'd be nice to see Duncan get some more votes, but I'm sure Timmy won't mind getting to chill a bit. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 11:09:15 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145

Asik is averaging 11 and 12 on 59% shooting. As for PER, Drummond's PER is higher than Howards's, does that mean Drummond should start the all-star game?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Andre Drummond should start the All Star game.

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 11:53:50 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Griffin is having a better year, team success is far more important than individual stats. If Dwight had stepped up when injuries took down Nash/Pau and won games, even enough to be around the Clippers record, he would be having the better season.

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 12:06:44 AM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Geez, when was the last time we had two Celtics starting?  Russell?  Cowens/Havelick?  Did the original big 3 ever pull it off?

Bird & Parish pulled it off in '84. Wade & Lebron always blocked the newer big 3. Good to see KG returning to the starting lineup and all star game in general! The lockout messed with his schedule, he should've had  his resurgence a few months earlier.

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 12:29:14 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
as much as i dislike westbrook having lin over him is an utter disgrace. If jeremy lin becomes an all star...........

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 01:06:07 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
doc had KG play 7 minutes 2 years ago in the all-star game while the rest of the c's played about 15-20 minutes.

With KG starting under another coach, can he tell the coach how long he wants to play? I remember doc abusing d-wade and playing him virtually the whole time until he got injured.

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 01:14:03 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
doc had KG play 7 minutes 2 years ago in the all-star game while the rest of the c's played about 15-20 minutes.

With KG starting under another coach, can he tell the coach how long he wants to play? I remember doc abusing d-wade and playing him virtually the whole time until he got injured.
Yeah, coaches always do as the players ask when they want less minutes.

The two reasons I have All-Star coaches mention for this is (1) they don't want a player holding a grudge and lighting them up later in the season (2) they have 12 players and it's already so hard to get everyone enough court time. They are happy if someone wants to sit down. Makes decisions less difficult for them.

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 01:47:01 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Yeah, coaches always do as the players ask when they want less minutes.

The two reasons I have All-Star coaches mention for this is (1) they don't want a player holding a grudge and lighting them up later in the season (2) they have 12 players and it's already so hard to get everyone enough court time. They are happy if someone wants to sit down. Makes decisions less difficult for them.

Put him on the 5-5-5 plan, coach Woodson.
DKC Seventy-Sixers: