Author Topic: Jeff Green and Jarod Sullinger  (Read 14198 times)

Re: Jeff Green and Jarod Sullinger
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2012, 07:13:17 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I can believe you guys are so in love with Cousins. The guy is a delinquent.

I'm in love with most 22 yr olds who put up 16 and 10.
the crazy thing is demarcus is probably not even "trying" and putting full effort into it.

Hes easily the best center in the game considering his ceiling is untapped.

I hope you mean he has the ceiling of the best center in the game because saying that a center who is currently shooting 41.8 percent from the field and blocking a whooping 0.6 shots a game rates as a better player than Howard, Marc Gasol, Tim Duncan who hasn't been a PF for ages, Noah, Chandler, Petkovic, even Al Jefferson, among other centers, is ridiculous.  Even to say he has that kind of ceiling is ridiculous. 

Sometimes combine numbers are junk like when they say Larry Sanders can't jump or when they say that Monta Ellis is slower running full court than Spencer Hawes and a bevy of other lumbing big men.  Sometimes they show up on the court like when Brandon Roy jumps 40 inches at the combine and then shows the ability time after time to get up and finish effectively at the basket despite appearing to be slow and unathletic.  Another accurate showing: Cousins' 23.5 standing vertical.  That paltry number accurately reflects how little lift and explosiveness Cousins plays with when he can't get a running jump.  It's why he really struggles to finish under the rim or why his postmoves are really ugly.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b53tx7MbwxE
I'm sorry, given his size and reach, this play is much closer to pedestrian than it is to athletic. I've seen Scal and Glen Davis do the same.

You know what's funny?  Boogie got ejected about minute after doing that for complaining to the refs.

Sorry, as much as I like this guy, I don't want him on our team..  Too much of a baby, and it seems like he won't change no matter what locker room he is in.

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2012, 07:15:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
DMC dunks like THE Brian Scalabrine?! ;D
Yup, pretty much -- a 6'10 guy who barely stretches above the rim to drop it in.

Sorry, no better quality available online. It's somewhat of a rare footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUcAgMJgvnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evvGm4r4fzc
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2012, 07:55:25 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Sorry, as much as I like this guy, I don't want him on our team..  Too much of a baby, and it seems like he won't change no matter what locker room he is in.

He's only been in one locker room...

I don't get how anyone can say this with any level of certainty.

« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2012, 10:04:38 PM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
DMC dunks like THE Brian Scalabrine?! ;D
Yup, pretty much -- a 6'10 guy who barely stretches above the rim to drop it in.

Sorry, no better quality available online. It's somewhat of a rare footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUcAgMJgvnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evvGm4r4fzc

Sorry, you'll note that the original point made by Galeto was about "DMC not being able to finish without a running jump". Both of those Scalabrine dunks are with running jumps AND uncontested at the rim, so that's clearly presenting an apples vs oranges argument.

« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2012, 10:29:41 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Demarcus Cousins ain't Dwight or Shaq, but he can finish without a running start.

And being able to hit a J and having great handles for a big means he gets his fair share of running starts.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner