Author Topic: I predict Jason Terry will have a big game tonight.  (Read 1906 times)

I predict Jason Terry will have a big game tonight.
« on: December 27, 2012, 05:11:52 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Hes going up against the perceived best 6th man in the game in Jamal Crawford who is also from Seattle. I feel like JET is gonna wanna set the record straight, just like KG does against Kevin Love, who the best 6th man of the last 10 or so years is and who the best is right now.

Expect a big game from Jet.

Re: I predict Jason Terry will have a big game tonight.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 05:13:47 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
well, if you look at his shooting percentage, he's certainly due

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 05:19:00 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

Laws of dueness is a much better way to predict it. I'm sure Terry would like to play well every game and prove he's still got it.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 05:22:48 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
lets keep our fingers crossed. everyone is going to need a big game tonight to stop the clippers streak.

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 05:56:19 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Paul is playing at home, you know 25+ game is due
and I'll be on a trp-dbl watch for Rondo tonight
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 06:01:31 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Chris Paul? He doesnt usually score 25+ regardless of it being a home game or away. He just doesnt try to.

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 06:09:11 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
Chris Paul? He doesnt usually score 25+ regardless of it being a home game or away. He just doesnt try to.
Our Paul. Pierce. He's from LA
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 07:55:46 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Laws of dueness is a much better way to predict it. I'm sure Terry would like to play well every game and prove he's still got it.

TP for referencing the "laws of dueness."  Nice one. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 07:58:03 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Way things have been going for JET, I don't see a game on the road against the best team in the league (right now) as his breakout game. Sorry.

I do think Green will continue his upward trend though. And the Big 3 will show up in a big way.

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 10:12:41 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I'm not sure either Terry or Lee is going to give us anything this season.  And while both guys have to take responsibility for their play, they started out with a huge handicap.  It's brutally clear that Doc didn't put anymore thought into how he was going to use those guys than just expecting them to run the exact same plays and do the exact same things as Ray, even though Ray was so sick and tired of that stuff that he fled to Miami.  By now, both Terry and Lee are so uncomfortable and out of sync that they may never get back in a groove.

Mike

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 10:34:04 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'm not sure either Terry or Lee is going to give us anything this season.  And while both guys have to take responsibility for their play, they started out with a huge handicap.  It's brutally clear that Doc didn't put anymore thought into how he was going to use those guys than just expecting them to run the exact same plays and do the exact same things as Ray, even though Ray was so sick and tired of that stuff that he fled to Miami.  By now, both Terry and Lee are so uncomfortable and out of sync that they may never get back in a groove.

Mike

It is extremely disappointing how little the team is getting out of Jason Terry.

I hate the role Doc has cast him in. I have no hope of Doc changing the situation at this point. All I want now is for Terry's minutes to be scaled back. Hugely. To about half of what he is getting now.

Terry isn't worth 30 minutes a night if all he is is a spot up shooter and catch and shoot player. He is too much of a liability in terms of defense/rebounding for those offensive contributions. Get him back down to 15mpg and keep Courtney Lee in the rotation (15mpg for Lee too) behind Avery Bradley once Bradley returns.

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 10:55:34 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Mike

It is extremely disappointing how little the team is getting out of Jason Terry.

I hate the role Doc has cast him in. I have no hope of Doc changing the situation at this point. All I want now is for Terry's minutes to be scaled back. Hugely. To about half of what he is getting now.

Terry isn't worth 30 minutes a night if all he is is a spot up shooter and catch and shoot player. He is too much of a liability in terms of defense/rebounding for those offensive contributions. Get him back down to 15mpg and keep Courtney Lee in the rotation (15mpg for Lee too) behind Avery Bradley once Bradley returns.
Yeah, I'm getting to that point too.  I thought Terry would take it upon himself to stray from the offense more once he got more comfortable but he still wants to get the ball to Rondo so bad that the ball is bouncing off the back of his head when guys want to pass it to him.

See, for all the crap Ray got on here for being nothing but a jump shooter, nobody ever gave him credit for holding his own on defense and on the boards.  That's what you want and need from your floor spacers; people were all excited about Terry's ball-handling but how does that help you coming from a pure floor spacer?

And while I'm on the subject, I miss Ray's willingness to give a pump fake and take it to the rim.  Yeah, Terry's better at putting the ball on the floor in most situations but he's always looking for that ~20 foot pull up rather than going all the way or passing it.  Despite playing some occasional PG minutes, Ray averaged more assists every year here than Terry has.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 11:01:35 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I am not at all disappointed with terry. Hes had a couple of horrible nights. Hes had a couple of really great nights. Hes had alot of really solid nights. I'm disappointed in the way doc is using terry. That isn't terrys fault that doc has decided to make terry ray allen the second.

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 11:57:46 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I am not at all disappointed with terry. Hes had a couple of horrible nights. Hes had a couple of really great nights. Hes had alot of really solid nights. I'm disappointed in the way doc is using terry. That isn't terrys fault that doc has decided to make terry ray allen the second.

Agreed. He has been and is being misused.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 01:33:22 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Mike

Both of you are right on.  I want to see Terry in a backup PG role with the ball in his hands running the offense when Rondo is sitting.  That only gives him about 10 mpg though, but I think that is the best way for him to bring some positives on the court.  Its just unfortunate that Barbosa gives us some good minutes already in that situation at a far cheaper cost.  I think:

PG:  Rondo(35)/Terry(13)
SG:  Bradley(30)/Lee(18)

is our best backcourt minute distribution.  It doesn't get a lot of minutes for Terry for what we pay him, but I think its the best way to get good production out of our players.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur