Author Topic: Brooklyn Nets fire coach Avery Johnson  (Read 10708 times)

Re: Brooklyn Nets fire coach Avery Johnson
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 02:30:19 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
The nets roster is not really good. There are plenty more flaws on that team than the coach.

Just about everyone on that team is overrated overpaid. Not to mention the pieces don't fit at all

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2012, 02:42:39 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
The nets roster is not really good. There are plenty more flaws on that team than the coach.

Just about everyone on that team is overrated overpaid. Not to mention the pieces don't fit at all

I actually think they have a really solid roster. Not championship caliber but still better than 14-14

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2012, 02:47:09 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

I actually think they have a really solid roster. Not championship caliber but still better than 14-14

I thought so, too.  Williams/Johnson, I thought, would be a great pairing, and Wallace has always played an impact role at SF/PF.  Brooks was looking like a hot pick as bench scoring SG.

They just needed bigs who are consistent rebounders/putback guys, and a big who can roll.  Lopez should/could be that guy, I suppose.

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 02:48:02 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Iso Joe + Deron is a TERRIBLE combination unless you consistently give Joe the ball late in the clock. Also, as many have noted, Lopez and Humphries can score points, but they don't do much else. You don't just throw talented offensive players together and expect to get a top team, especially not with Deron Williams' game falling off the table the past few years. The Nets were all-hype...a 5-8 seed team being sold as a legit contender. Not surprised they're struggling.

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
Pretty surprised that people think this group is that talented. Were people paying attention to Joe Johnson in the playoffs against us?

I mean I don't think their players are bad just bot that great or as i said overrated. People say Lopez is a top center in the east, ugh well there are like 3 centers in the east. Gerald Wallace has never really been that great. He's pretty average offensively, is always injured.

I mean Williams is the only player that could be looked at as a top tier guy in the league but if he doesn't carry this team on its shoulders than they will be a lower seed in the playoffs.

Btw they became a 500 team like 15 hours ago and the season is still young. They could easily roll off 3-4 wins and change that record immediately. As of right now they are games back of the 4th seed

Even if you compare the Nets "talent wise" ignoring the total dysfunction of that group I still place Miami, knicks, hawks, Celts, and Pacers above them

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2012, 03:07:29 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
rofl @ da hawks nd pacers havin a betta roster then da nets. Joe nd Deron shootin below 40% from da field aint help things out at all. only thing i hold against Avery is not givin Marshonn Brooks any time he aint deserve to get fired

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2012, 03:12:41 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Seems rash to fire a coach who just got Coach of the Month honors in November. They're going through a rough patch, but could've def turned it around.

Deron Williams is going to get trashed in NY media - and rightfully so. 2 different teams and 2 different coaches. Regardless of him disagreeing with the offense Avery had in place, he should've acted like the leader he's supposed to be and discussed it behind closed doors. After what happened with Sloan in Utah, one of the greatest coaches of all time, its pretty obvious D.Will has an issue holding himself accountable. Can a guy who constantly plays the blame game lead a team to a championship? I'm gonna say no.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 03:33:54 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I haven't thought much of his coaching for the past two years so not a huge surprise. Though I question what caliber of coach they'll be able to replace him with mid-season.

Nets are essentially locked into this roster, so whomever takes it will have to make this group work.

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2012, 03:46:44 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
rofl @ da hawks nd pacers havin a betta roster then da nets. Joe nd Deron shootin below 40% from da field aint help things out at all. only thing i hold against Avery is not givin Marshonn Brooks any time he aint deserve to get fired

Joe johnson is on rashard Lewis level as far as bad contracts go.

Without a doubt I would take J smith or Granger over him.

What's up with Deron? He looks to be about 75 pounds over weight, can he even dunk it?

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2012, 03:51:55 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I'm not surprised, I don't think he's a very good coach.

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2012, 04:00:25 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
What in the heck is GROSS about PJ????

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2012, 04:05:11 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Larry Brown?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2012, 04:05:59 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
What in the heck is GROSS about PJ????

Being 90 games below .500 is a nice place to start.

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2012, 04:06:46 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
It's not just that Avery Johnson is a bad coach, which he is, it's also that a normal human being can only put up with his screeching for so long.

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 04:12:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
a normal human being can only put up with his screeching for so long.

thats some funny stuff right there !! TP ;D