Author Topic: the Dwyane Wade bias  (Read 12138 times)

Re: the Dwyane Wade bias
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2012, 09:45:01 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
@SportsCenter: NBA suspends Dwyane Wade for 1 game after his shot to the groin of Ramon Sessions.

Should have been at least two games. Anyone else not named LeBron gets that much.

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 09:49:48 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
@SportsCenter: NBA suspends Dwyane Wade for 1 game after his shot to the groin of Ramon Sessions.

Should have been at least two games. Anyone else not named LeBron gets that much.

I agree, but I'm just happy the league finally acknowledged Wade's dirty play. Hopefully (doubtfully...) they will keep a closer eye on him in future iffy altercations.

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 10:03:10 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I too used to like Wade until their Big 3 was created. It seems like once they joined up either he changed for the worse or everything began to show about his actions.

Wade is a dirty player and has been for a while. The thing that gets me is that he can (or thinks he can) play dirty and try to cheap shot other players but as soon as it comes back to him he wants to cry, whine, flop and act like he was just an innocent bystander who was attacked.
He is a punk and a coward who takes his anger out on other players because he's not playing like he used to or he's not getting the calls he thinks he should get.

I'm happy he was suspended (to me should have been 2 games) and I'm happy the NBA didn't ignore it this time.

Also Heat fans need to stop making excuses for his dirty plays  and act like he never does anything wrong thinking that everyone who disagrees are "haters". I'm a KG fan (will always be) and I will admit when he does a dirty play.

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2012, 10:08:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'm not defending Wade here, Im defending cheap shots that aren't probable injury risks.

Maybe it's my own sports experience, but as players get more experienced, they learn some tricks of the trade to inflict minor nagging amounts of pain. Wade's leg kick should've been a flagrant, and deserves a 1 game suspension, but that's where it ends for me. It's not much different than a hard jab to the small o the back/kidneys, or a hard pinch and twist to the body, an elbow to the ribs.

I see Bruce Bowen's trademark leg kick under the legs as a far more egregious offense. Bruised pride and balls are a far lesser price to pay than a broken ankle, or high sprain.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2012, 10:32:51 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
i dont usually wish anything bad to any person, but i have 3 words, career ending injury. thats what im hoping for

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2012, 10:36:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
My favorite proof of Wade favoritism is his obvious shoulder block in an attempt to take out Darren Collison last year in the playoffs that earned him exactly no fines or suspensions. Anyone else is getting fined and getting a 2 game suspension minimum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcNBqz1WyeE

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2012, 10:53:04 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
My favorite proof of Wade favoritism is his obvious shoulder block in an attempt to take out Darren Collison last year in the playoffs that earned him exactly no fines or suspensions. Anyone else is getting fined and getting a 2 game suspension minimum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcNBqz1WyeE

Thats a fantastic point. Multiple game suspension in my mind, no brainer. Bynum got 5 for his clothesline on Barea, and I think the two incidences are very similar.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner