Author Topic: Celtics (14-13) at Clippers (22-6) 12/27  (Read 70377 times)

Re: Celtics (14-13) at Clippers (22-6) 12/27
« Reply #510 on: December 28, 2012, 01:48:15 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
rondo got 6 assists and 10 points. not going to cut it.

« Reply #511 on: December 28, 2012, 01:52:07 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Nobody played well for Boston today.

Well, maybe Courtney Lee. Jeez, it seems like almost every time Lee plays well, the C's end up losing the game. That guy has been an unlucky charm so far this season.

« Reply #512 on: December 28, 2012, 01:53:07 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Nobody played well for Boston today.

Well, maybe Courtney Lee. Jeez, it seems like almost every time Lee plays well, the C's end up losing the game. That guy has been an unlucky charm so far this season.
lol

« Reply #513 on: December 28, 2012, 01:57:57 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

Rondo has his head up his rear end every time he plays against Chris Paul

« Reply #514 on: December 28, 2012, 01:59:52 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

You can't look at it like that. Otherwise Chris Paul's 8 points aren't going to cut it either. The point guard position isn't where we lost this game. Paul had a slightly better game than Rondo, but other than him and KG, we were overpowered in every matchup on the floor from starters to end of bench. 

« Reply #515 on: December 28, 2012, 02:01:56 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
Alright, I'm on the "change something" bandwagon now.  This team just isn't getting it done. 

If you can get Demarcus Cousins or Marcin Gortat without giving up Rondo or Bradley, do it and don't look back.  Nobody else on this team is off-limits except Garnett, and he's not getting traded anyway.  It's time.  I can deal with a tough loss to a good team, but I'll never accept 30-point blowouts when my team is supposed to be a contender.  That's a clear-as-crystal signal that something's wrong.

« Reply #516 on: December 28, 2012, 02:29:30 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Alright, I'm on the "change something" bandwagon now.  This team just isn't getting it done. 

If you can get Demarcus Cousins or Marcin Gortat without giving up Rondo or Bradley, do it and don't look back.  Nobody else on this team is off-limits except Garnett, and he's not getting traded anyway.  It's time.  I can deal with a tough loss to a good team, but I'll never accept 30-point blowouts when my team is supposed to be a contender.  That's a clear-as-crystal signal that something's wrong.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201103310LAL.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200911130DEN.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200911130DEN.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200705260UTA.html

Blowouts happen . . . even to champions.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:51:36 AM by Celtics18 »
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #517 on: December 28, 2012, 02:40:21 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201103310LAL.html

I'm not one to take past failures as a predictor of future success.  This team has been beaten by double digits 9 times through 28 games this year.  If you think that's okay, then I don't know what to tell you.

This is no longer a small sample size.  A third of the season is gone, and we're showing nothing more than brief flashes of good basketball.  That's not nearly enough.

« Reply #518 on: December 28, 2012, 02:52:44 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
We shouldn't blow it up based on one game but this isn't a one game phenomenon. I'd like to see our team with AB back and healthy. I'd like to see our team with Green settled into his role. I think we'll know that by the all-star break for sure. Our team becomes extremely flexible on January 15th which will be 2 weeks from when AB is supposed to debut. I think in the month following January 15th we'll either have a trade or be playing well. I'm not sure anyone can imagine Danny doing nothing after having thrown so much money at this last run with Pierce and Garnett.

« Reply #519 on: December 28, 2012, 06:01:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
At this point, Green should be settled into a role.   Excuses are like you know what, everyone has one.   This team is under performing or old and washed up depending on your outlook.

I do think a veteran team takes games off.   Your right we should not treat one game as a barometer but season wide we have consistently played to the level of our opponents.  I think we will be more dangerous in the playoffs.   We saw what this team can do on Christmas day when pride rises to the fore.   But at this point will we even make the playoffs.  We are a .500 team and looking at what 7th or 8th seed.  One injury could throw that cute plan into disarray.

« Reply #520 on: December 28, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Reality check.  The experiment isn't working.  We can look back to last year or two years ago and use that as hope this team will come back but the truth is all those teams are now better, still younger, and now more experienced.  We are not quick enough all around.  We need to be built for speed and we are to some degree but not enough and not along every aspect.  Clippers, spurs, heat, etc will eat us up come playoff time if we get there.

« Reply #521 on: December 28, 2012, 07:44:58 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Take a step forward...next game take five back. Total failure at this point. Beyond disappointed in lee.. Terry...just busts. Team cannot defend a YMCA Rec league team. Painful to watch and not getting any better

« Reply #522 on: December 28, 2012, 07:48:14 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
We saw what this team can do on Christmas day when pride rises to the fore.   But at this point will we even make the playoffs.  We are a .500 team and looking at what 7th or 8th seed.  One injury could throw that cute plan into disarray.

This is true for most, if not all, other teams in the NBA
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:02:35 AM by bfrombleacher »

« Reply #523 on: December 28, 2012, 08:50:21 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Just tell me , dis a bad dream last night...our team was in LA and I witnessed the "BOSTON MASSACRE"  ,the whoop -n-
gots so bad ...Doc takes out KG n puts a dude named Jarnado sumtun or other dat boy cant even walk down the court wif out trippn on his own two feets.

« Reply #524 on: December 28, 2012, 07:55:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The good

1. Jared Sullinger. When he was on the court Griffin was neutralized and had to battle hard to even get rebounds. The tough fouls were pleasent to see.
2. KG was the only starter that came out to play. Really had a nice game, and put in one of his best efforts of the eyar
3. That was it

The bad

1. Trio of Pierce, Bass and Green were horrific on the court. I hate when Pierce can't relax and has to jack up shots after shots, in order to try to bring his game back  and also silence the crowed. Sometimes when things are not going your way, pass the fricking ball. Total opposite of how he played vs brooklyn. Tons of turnovers also. I'm starting to give up on Bass. What does he bring to the table really? When he misses his jump shots, he is done helping out offensively. Defensively, Griffin was killing him. Lastly for Green, he continually shot the three when he should of stopped doing it. Also how many times did he turnover the ball by making soft passes?

2. Why don't we have a 2nd unit pg? We had a good little run going when the starters were sitting the 2nd quarter, only in a blink of an eye be down by more than 15 points. Also when Barbosa comesback, he is not a pg. Ainge got too greedy getting lee, instead of a legit 2nd unit pg

3. Time to end starting Collins on the court experiment. The guy should only be on the court when you need to foul opposing teams centers who can't shoot ft's. Horrible these past few games

4. Zero movement of the ball. It was the Rondo and Pierce show for a good part of the night. These two guys have to pass more to everyone else. Sully got i think 2 touches for the first three quarters. The guy gave you 16 pts when given a chance.

When bradley comesback the starting unit s/b

Sully, Kg, PP, Bradley, Rondo

Bench
Terry, Green, Bass, Lee .

Honestly please trade a combo of Green, Bass and Lee and get a legit backup pg/c