Author Topic: Celtics (14-13) at Clippers (22-6) 12/27  (Read 70663 times)

Re: Celtics (14-13) at Clippers (22-6) 12/27
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 02:00:15 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Going to the game tonight!  It's my first NBA game ever (watching it in the building), so I'm very excited.  Can't wait to see our guys take on the league's hottest team.  Should be really entertaining.

That's awesome. Enjoy the game.

I'm lucky to be attending the Clippers game @ the TD Garden on February too. Hoping to see the Celtics get the win first and foremost, but also witness our man Rajon kick CP3's behind in the process.

Let's go Celtics!

Nice! TP.

The exciting thing about going to games like these is that you know Rondo takes it up a notch when going against premier point guards.  Add in that its on national TV and we could be witnessing a trip-dub tonight and in February!

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 02:01:52 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Avery would be huge against Paul and Crawford.....tonight would be a perfect game for Lee to show that he doesn't want to sit on the bench when Avery comes back

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 06:11:04 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I would like to see Doc use L.Barbosa tonight against Jamal Crawford. A better defensive player than Terry and Barbosa has been more aggressive at slashing and attacking his check - in this case, Crawford, who is a weak defender.

With Terry not having a big enough role in Boston's offense as a creator, I don't think there is any point in having a three guard backcourt. Not now and not when Avery Bradley comes back. I think Doc needs to plan around a four guard backcourt.

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 06:42:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I expect Rondo to have a massive game.  He usually goes extra hard on big games like this.  Chris Paul is having ever so slightly a better statistical season than him... I imagine Rondo is ready for the challenge.

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 06:47:21 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I would like to see Doc use L.Barbosa tonight against Jamal Crawford. A better defensive player than Terry and Barbosa has been more aggressive at slashing and attacking his check - in this case, Crawford, who is a weak defender.

With Terry not having a big enough role in Boston's offense as a creator, I don't think there is any point in having a three guard backcourt. Not now and not when Avery Bradley comes back. I think Doc needs to plan around a four guard backcourt.

It'll have to be a four man backcourt when Avery returns.  I don't see Courtney Lee getting knocked out of the rotation. 

A four guard rotation of Rondo, Bradley, Terry, and Lee is a completely different animal than one of Rondo, Terry, Lee, and Barbosa, though. 

If Barbosa gets thrown back into the rotation now (which I'm not against), he'll only last in it for another handful of games, anyway. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 06:47:27 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

I think Barbosa is still out for "personal reasons."  Hope all is well with him, because I think he's a solid role player for us.

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 06:49:27 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
I expect Rondo to have a massive game.  He usually goes extra hard on big games like this.  Chris Paul is having ever so slightly a better statistical season than him... I imagine Rondo is ready for the challenge.

When you factor in that Rondo's going against a premier PG as well as the game being on national TV, it usually means Rondo will be at the top of his game.  Can't wait!

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 06:52:20 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

When you factor in that Rondo's going against a premier PG as well as the game being on national TV, it usually means Rondo will be at the top of his game.  Can't wait!

I'm hoping they both bring their A games.  It should be fun.

No, that's a lie.  I'm hoping Rondo brings his A game, and the Celtics defense forces Paul to bring his B or C game. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:03:40 PM by Celtics18 »
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 07:09:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I think Barbosa is still out for "personal reasons."  Hope all is well with him, because I think he's a solid role player for us.

Oh okay, that's too bad.

Hmm ... I'd like a fourth backcourt player in there against LA. The Clippers four backcourt players with a lot of energy and pressure. The non-CP3 players are always well rested and attack aggressively when on the court. Especially Bledsoe. They'll make life difficult for the Celtics three man backcourt. Wear them down physically. No Barbosa and no Avery makes it tough to counteract that though.

I guess the Celtics only alternative to those three guards is to try and use Jeff Green in a big wing combination alongside Pierce. J.Green would be best off against W.Green since W.Green is their weakest offensive threat in that backcourt (best guy for J.Green to defend). Pity W.Green is starting. It'll make it difficult to find any minutes to match them up against one another. So it would be Crawford or Bledsoe against J.Green. I wonder if we'll see that.

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
man dis been a good game to have Bradley back

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 07:47:14 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Yeah, I like Barbosa in a small role and even if he doesn't play every game like Doc told Nate before think he can win us a game in the playoffs by his fearless attacking
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 07:56:18 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
i think Rondo will go at CP3 tonight, KG will play good D on Blake nd Pierce will have a big game. im worried bout crawford tho hopefully Jeff Green can match him wit scorin tonight

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 07:57:22 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
man dis been a good game to have Bradley back
swagga jackin da postin style huh bruh? lol

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 10:41:15 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Very excited about this game. Great litmus test for the Celtics.

To a lesser degree (litmus test), for the Clippers too.

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 10:41:51 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Everytime we are in the 2nd half of the double header there is an overtime.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird