Author Topic: better trade idea!  (Read 1307 times)

better trade idea!
« on: December 26, 2012, 08:11:02 PM »

Offline dunisho

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
boston-bulls-bucks 3-team trade...

boston gets s.dalembert
boston loses bass and collins

bulls gets bass, gooden
bulls trade away boozer..

bucks receives boozer
bucks loses gooden, dalembert

why would boston do it?  Get a center that they can actually use beside KG upfront... and dalembert is an expiring contract...

why would chicago do it?  Boozer's 15 mil per year off the books.  They get 2 PF for the price smaller than Boozer's...

why would bucks do it?  They never use gooden and dalembert's role is shrinking with larry sanders emerging...they get someone who can actually help with the scoring...

just add some other players to balance the salaries... perhaps include some picks... i think this is 1 good trade...

Re: better trade idea!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Why does Chicago want to trade Boozer for two far worse players?

Bass and Gooden combine to make $14 million a season for as long as Boozer's contract lasts. The Bulls don't save nearly enough money (around $3 million) to justify the talent downgrade.

I don't see why Milwaukee would want to take on Boozer's salary either. Dalembert comes off the books this summer. So they'd be trading Gooden's $7 million for Boozer's $15-16 million for the next two years. Boozer is an upgrade but he is not a big enough upgrade for Milwaukee to justify that type of payroll increase. Especially when you consider they still have Ilyasova on a big contract and several young big men who all need minutes already available there.

It looks to me like Boston is the only team making out in this deal.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 10:00:32 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
bulls laugh on the phone

these 3 team trade ideas are always super unrealistic

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 08:05:03 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Uh... where'd Collins go?

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 09:36:42 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Why does Chicago want to trade Boozer for two far worse players?

Bass and Gooden combine to make $14 million a season for as long as Boozer's contract lasts. The Bulls don't save nearly enough money (around $3 million) to justify the talent downgrade.

I don't see why Milwaukee would want to take on Boozer's salary either. Dalembert comes off the books this summer. So they'd be trading Gooden's $7 million for Boozer's $15-16 million for the next two years. Boozer is an upgrade but he is not a big enough upgrade for Milwaukee to justify that type of payroll increase. Especially when you consider they still have Ilyasova on a big contract and several young big men who all need minutes already available there.

It looks to me like Boston is the only team making out in this deal.

Yeah terrible deal for the Bulls. Could we get Gooden and Dalembert together?