Author Topic: Quote of the night: Cs-Nets edition  (Read 2071 times)

Quote of the night: Cs-Nets edition
« on: December 26, 2012, 05:53:49 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I was watching a CSNNE video in which Gary, Donny, and Tommy discuss the technical fouls called during the KG-Wallace "shorts" incident in the Nets game. I know that we all already know how ridiculous NBA officiating can be, but there are a couple of funny quotes from the video I thought worth sharing.

First, Tommy:

You know what ticked me off more than anything else? They went to the television, and they went to the replay, and they still come up with a double foul. What is the matter with these guys? ... How can it be a double technical? ... They spent at least two minutes over at the desk determining that this was a double technical. Give me a break.

Classic Tommy. I know that not everyone likes him, but I do. And I agree with him here. It was ridiculous. I'm fine with Wallace grabbing KG's shorts to keep his balance, but once he was stable, he should've let go. KG had every right to brush him off. I think it's wrong to penalize KG here, especially considering Tommy's next point:

And you know why it's important it shouldn't have been, is because each one of those double technical fouls counts against the guy's technicals where he could be suspended.

Let's hope the league rescinds KG's tech.

Here's what it's all about, though: the league is afraid of a full-blown fight occurring. Most NBA players, though, are just studio gangstas. Donny agrees:

These guys aren't gonna fight. This isn't MMA. They wear skinny jeans and glasses with no lenses in them, people. They are not going to fight anyone, OK?

Awesome. Boys will be boys, you know? That's the way I figure it. Let 'em play. If someone, like Wallace, wants to be a jerk, T him up, but don't T up someone, like KG here, who just wants people to keep their hands off, and has every right to feel that way.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Re: Quote of the night: Cs-Nets edition
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 06:04:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
this is my favorite quote from KG:

"I don't know where in America where you can jack somebody's pants off or shorts ... I don't know what the hell was going on."

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
That was one of the funnest NBA moments ever ,  KG seemed more spooked by Wallace's actions than mad.  Dat boy lost hs mind or what?

I  had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.

That was entertaining game to say the least , with KG's commnets and PP haming it up.

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 07:11:06 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Once they went to the monitors, they felt obligated to call something. 
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 07:20:54 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I have no problem with the double-tech. Garnett grabbed Wallace's hand and pulled.

The comic potential of the situation, however, is undeniable.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 07:30:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I have no problem with the double-tech. Garnett grabbed Wallace's hand and pulled.

The comic potential of the situation, however, is undeniable.

I'm not sure about that. The hand that KG pulled was still holding his shorts, LOL. It was like a wedgie but on the front side!

What was supposed to be the proper response when a player grabs your shorts and yanks them, and doesn't let go? I think KG acted with restraint and shouldn't have gotten a tech.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 07:35:45 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 08:21:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
The play by Wallace reminded me of this classic celtics moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD796H08J7w

and as we have learned to expect, Artest did not get called for a foul or a tech here either. I guess pulling down an opponent's pants is not in the rulebook

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 08:31:34 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The whole thing was ridiculous, lol..looked for a minute there that Wallace was trying to give KG a weggie.

Give credit to Wallace, though - he was the only Net who played with fire and determination...love that guy.

Too bad Deron Williams didn't (or couldn't...?) play with that same determination.

Thank you, Rondo!

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 09:08:56 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
The play by Wallace reminded me of this classic celtics moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD796H08J7w

and as we have learned to expect, Artest did not get called for a foul or a tech here either. I guess pulling down an opponent's pants is not in the rulebook

TP. was just going to post this video in response to another poster saying the incident on christmas was one of the funnier moments in the NBA, because really it wasnt. but ill never forget this little incident between artest and pierce haha

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 09:56:14 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
Yea the double tech on Wallace and KG was foolish. The NBA lately seems to be tech happy.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 10:37:08 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I thought the double tech was ridiculous because KG obviously asked Wallace to let go, Wallace didnt, and his balance wasn't an issue.

My own personal theory was that Wallace was trying to instigate KG into doing something very stupid.

I thought the funniest part was Courney Lee. If you watch, after KG and Wallace are separated, Courtney Lee puffs up his shoulders and puts his arms down like the way a bulldog stands. He didnt know what else to do, so he made his 'bad boy' stance. I rewound the tape like 3 times, cracking up. Wallace would've made road kill outta the guy but there he is, 'come at me bro!'

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner