Author Topic: Would you accept this trade? (Rondo + filler for Kyrie/Varejao)  (Read 14927 times)

Re: Would you accept this trade?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 02:03:33 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I do it if it's Rondo/Bass/Sully for Irving/Varejao. I think that would be a very tough trade to turn down. Fortunately the Cavs aren't offering and we don't have to part with my favorite 2nd NBA player. Of course Mr. Garnett is #1.

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 05:19:36 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
if only it was like in my 2k13 game where the celtics traded simply jeff green for drew......

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 06:59:47 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
It would be something to think about!! But Rondo is top 15 player in this league. Still i may do it
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 07:03:09 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Rajon Rondo and (insert Bass + Lee, Sully, etc.) for Kyrie Irving and Anderson Varejao.

I would, but I'm 95% sure the Cavs won't.

Kyrie Irving is not getting traded.

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 07:22:41 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would accept it, but no chance CLE does.

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 08:33:31 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Rajon Rondo and (insert Bass + Lee, Sully, etc.) for Kyrie Irving and Anderson Varejao.

in a heartbeat

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 09:13:46 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Rondo should be worth both Irving and Varejao by himself.  No way I'd throw in more.  Irving has an injury history and Sideshow Bob is getting up there in age and isn't much of an offensive player.  I'd actually try to finagle a conditional pick too from Cleveland if Irving can't play 2/3 the games in his first year.  (not sure if that's allowed though)

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 10:08:59 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
as long as Irving is willing to sign long term i do it. Hate to see rondo go but have to pull the trigger on that deal. No way Cavs do it
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 02:23:10 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Rondo should be worth both Irving and Varejao by himself.  No way I'd throw in more.  Irving has an injury history and Sideshow Bob is getting up there in age and isn't much of an offensive player.  I'd actually try to finagle a conditional pick too from Cleveland if Irving can't play 2/3 the games in his first year.  (not sure if that's allowed though)

Irving isn't THAT injury prone. The general consensus is that he is because he got injured in College and missed a lot of the season. He's healthy right now and has way more potential than Rondo. Rondo has had his fair share of injuries, but gambling a top 1 point guard for a top 5 point guard (this season) would make us 6 more seasons competitive theoretically, while giving us no less a chance to win it all this year. Add in Varejao and it should be a no brainer.

Varejao isn't an offensive force, but he is NOT a liability. Just because a player doesn't contribute a lot on offense (which is untrue with Varejao - he gives you hustle points and will convert easy baskets given the chance) doesn't mean he's not a good center. The fact of the matter is that the Celtics need a center that can help them out with interior defense. Varejao is one of the quickest centers in the NBA and will excel with KG, despite being 30. If the Celtics get Varejao, it would be for that reason; not to be a Hakeem caliber low post option or a Karl Malone caliber pick and role player, but someone who'll make our defense elite again.

Rondo isn't worth both Irving and Varejao.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 02:33:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I would, but I'm 95% sure the Cavs won't.
I'd do Rondo straight up for Kyrie in a nanosecond.  I wouldn't even need Varejao.  Totally different players.  Rondo is a great passer, but Kyrie is an otherworldly shooter.  Future superstar and he's like 7 years younger than Rondo.  The fact Kyrie is on his rookie contract still tips the scale heavily in his favor.

NO way the cavs would do it, though. Kyrie already is arguably better than Rondo and he's only 20 years old.

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What's that saying? "In a cocaine heartbeat"? Yeah, that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 09:28:30 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Kyrie Irving's being absurdly over-rated around here in my opinion.  He's a pretty good scorer, but he doesn't have anywhere near the same game changing speed and athleticism of Rajon Rondo.  He's also not a great distributor.  To me, he's pretty much a rich man's Brandon Jennings.  That's not bad, but it's nowhere near worth trading Rondo for. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 09:38:14 PM »

fitzhickey

Kyrie Irving's being absurdly over-rated around here in my opinion.  He's a pretty good scorer, but he doesn't have anywhere near the same game changing speed and athleticism of Rajon Rondo.  He's also not a great distributor.  To me, he's pretty much a rich man's Brandon Jennings.  That's not bad, but it's nowhere near worth trading Rondo for.
Agreed

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

A Rondo do for Irving trade would benefit us more in the future than now. I agree that Rondo is above him at the moment, but at only 20 his future looks brighter

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 09:44:54 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

A Rondo do for Irving trade would benefit us more in the future than now. I agree that Rondo is above him at the moment, but at only 20 his future looks brighter

I'm not sold.  I'm not saying he sucks, but I don't think he's necessarily going to be the kind of mega super star that many around here seem to.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson