Author Topic: Jeff Green and Jarod Sullinger  (Read 14197 times)

Re: Jeff Green and Jarod Sullinger
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 09:45:48 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
im not so sure we even really need a trade to become better..its all about "getting it" defensively...today they looked solid on the defensive end...this team went on a 78% winning streak to end the season with KG at the 5 and Bass at the 4

Sully is getting better defensively every game..lets see what we look like with our 2nd best defender in Avery bradley back.

Yeah um, i want to be put in the best possible position to win the championship THIS YEAR. I don't trust LEE or BASS or even SULLY to be huge factors come playoffs. Id rather trade for a borderline allstar..........

and those borderline allstars are just sitting around for the taking? likely you are getting someone like Gortat..who while a solid player is NOT a borderline allstar.

I havent seen anything that would suggest to me that Sullinger isnt someone who can help us win NOW...hes only played his 27th NBA game and is already an NBA rotation big

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 09:50:09 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
im not so sure we even really need a trade to become better..its all about "getting it" defensively...today they looked solid on the defensive end...this team went on a 78% winning streak to end the season with KG at the 5 and Bass at the 4

Sully is getting better defensively every game..lets see what we look like with our 2nd best defender in Avery bradley back.

Yeah um, i want to be put in the best possible position to win the championship THIS YEAR. I don't trust LEE or BASS or even SULLY to be huge factors come playoffs. Id rather trade for a borderline allstar..........

and those borderline allstars are just sitting around for the taking? likely you are getting someone like Gortat..who while a solid player is NOT a borderline allstar.

I havent seen anything that would suggest to me that Sullinger isnt someone who can help us win NOW...hes only played his 27th NBA game and is already an NBA rotation big

I agree. I wouldn't trade Sullinger for someone like Gortat. If that is the best player we can trade for, I would rather trade for someone that will cost us a lot less, like Dalembert.

I would only trade Sullinger if we get someone like Josh Smith, but at the moment the Hawks have a much better record than us.

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 09:50:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I will say watching Jeff Green play to tonight was exhilarating and jnfuriating. Watching Sully play was just rewarding. I have zero reservations about trading Green if putting him in the package nets a guy like Gortat or J-Smoove.

Sullinger I hate to trade unless someone puts as much value on him as I do.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 09:51:41 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
As much as I want to see a trade for a young star to play with Rondo for the foreseeable future, I think it's prudent for us to wait a while, for several reasons.

1. We need to see how effective Bradley is... who knows, he could solve a lot of our problems.
2. We need to continue to let the team gel - not necessarily completely gel, because that could take too long and we are going for a title, but gel a little more than they have. I think if we do this, some of our players will begin to play better, and their trade stock will go up.

Right now, we have three players whose trade stock is extremely low (Bass, Lee, Bradley), and a couple whose stock is on the rise (Green, Sullinger). Let the rising stock keep rising and hope that the low stock turns around.

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 09:53:24 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
The expendable players imo are Bass and Lee. But as you said, their stock is low now. If someone wants to offer good return I would trade them, otherwise keep them and hope their value rises.

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 09:55:21 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Because they can be, like Bill Simmons said, our biggest trade chips.

I understand that you are looking towards the future, but we have a 2 year window to win a championship. Those two, while being good, MAY not be able to put us on the top, but they MAY be able to land us a guy that could.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 10:00:58 PM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 09:59:55 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
I will say watching Jeff Green play to tonight was exhilarating and jnfuriating. Watching Sully play was just rewarding. I have zero reservations about trading Green if putting him in the package nets a guy like Gortat or J-Smoove.

Sullinger I hate to trade unless someone puts as much value on him as I do.

You didnt think green had a good game? I thought he had a pretty solid performance...15points off the bench..what more could you want?

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2012, 10:02:48 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Sully still has those games where he looks completely lost on the defensive end. I like sully but if we take this team as constructed into the playoffs, *Collins at center please no* i don't think we have a legit chance to win banner 18. We have an outside chance but not realistic. I'm pretty confident danny will pull the trigger tho.

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 10:04:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
As much as I want to see a trade for a young star to play with Rondo for the foreseeable future, I think it's prudent for us to wait a while, for several reasons.

1. We need to see how effective Bradley is... who knows, he could solve a lot of our problems.
2. We need to continue to let the team gel - not necessarily completely gel, because that could take too long and we are going for a title, but gel a little more than they have. I think if we do this, some of our players will begin to play better, and their trade stock will go up.

Right now, we have three players whose trade stock is extremely low (Bass, Lee, Bradley), and a couple whose stock is on the rise (Green, Sullinger). Let the rising stock keep rising and hope that the low stock turns around.

I agree with all this. Our best trade chip isn't Sully or Green, it's Bradley. But he's only our best trade chip once he starts beasting on opponents.

Trading a guy like Cousins or Al Jeff is a lot more palatable when you have the opportunity to acquire a starting potentially game changing guard in the package.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2012, 10:06:03 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Sully still has those games where he looks completely lost on the defensive end. I like sully but if we take this team as constructed into the playoffs, *Collins at center please no* i don't think we have a legit chance to win banner 18. We have an outside chance but not realistic. I'm pretty confident danny will pull the trigger tho.

I don't see us getting an all-star big man for a package of Sullinger and Lee or Bass. It's not happening. I wouldn't trade them for a Gortat type of player when we can get someone like Dalembert for much less.

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2012, 10:08:21 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

I agree with all this. Our best trade chip isn't Sully or Green, it's Bradley. But he's only our best trade chip once he starts beasting on opponents.

Trading a guy like Cousins or Al Jeff is a lot more palatable when you have the opportunity to acquire a starting potentially game changing guard in the package.

All tho i think teams would want bradley we have enough pieces to offer to keep him. You won't convince me we can't get a quality big for green, lee, bass/sully barbosa, melo. Guys like that alot of teams could use.

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo

If Bradley solves alot of our problems defensively,and is a starting-game changing guard...WHY on earth would you want to trade him?

its like building one hole(perimiter defense) to fill another(rebounding)

our bigs havent been the problem. its our guard's defense

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2012, 10:11:56 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

I don't see us getting an all-star big man for a package of Sullinger and Lee or Bass. It's not happening. I wouldn't trade them for a Gortat type of player when we can get someone like Dalembert for much less.

Id be all for that too. What I'm not for however is going into the playoffs with collins as our starting center. Sorry, but you won't convince me that is the road we should go down.

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2012, 10:13:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Who's "Jarod Sullinger"?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2012, 10:14:21 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

If Bradley solves alot of our problems defensively,and is a starting-game changing guard...WHY on earth would you want to trade him?

its like building one hole(perimiter defense) to fill another(rebounding)

our bigs havent been the problem. its our guard's defense

Wholeheartedly disagree. Outside of KG, we have the worst set of bigs in the NBA.

That said, Bradley can still help, because he pesters players in transition and prevents them from going straight to the rim, saving our bigs' energy.