Author Topic: Jeff Green and Jarod Sullinger  (Read 14254 times)

Jeff Green and Jarod Sullinger
« on: December 25, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Not sure why anyone would want to trade either of these guys. I think they showed us today what they are capable of and how valuable they are to this team.  These guys need to be here with Rondo and Bradley, they are the future of this team. Guys we can build around. Just my opinion. 

Re: Jeff Green and Jarod Sullinger
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 04:37:46 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Nobody is doubting that they can look good. People are doubting that they can be consistently good

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 04:40:20 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Nobody is doubting that they can look good. People are doubting that they can be consistently good
sullinger is 20 and is showing very nice flashes of good quality ball. He is ranked 4 on list of rookies with most fouls, and he has the less play time than those 3 above him so he is essentially the rookie with the most fouls called.

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 04:59:37 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
well you should always listen to offers. There's no harm in listening to offers. If someone wants to give us a player that can help us now and has very high potential, I'd pull the trigger. Love Sully and Green and love seeing them on the floor together cuz I feel they both compliment each other.

However, for example would you trade Sully if the Pistons called us up and offered Greg Monroe?? I'd pull it in a heartbeat

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 05:05:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sully is a rookie, Jeff Green is not.  Jeff Green has always been inconsistent.  He has good games and bad games, I cringed when we signed him for that kind of money.   Yes, he is producing at the same level he did in OKC but that is nothing to write home about.  He is a good player if he is your team's fourth best player or lower I would imagine but he can't carry the load as a top player on the team because you never know which Green will show up.  The complacent disappearing act or the occasional dominant guy.

I think at this point Sully has more upside.  I don't think he is an all star either but he is solid.  Once, his D catches up, he can rebound and is smart.   I think we over rate his shooting.  He is not as good as shooter as Bass even but he can do more things.  His passing is really nifty for a big.   He has great hands.   Not a great athlete by any stretch but his IQ and dare I say, his zip sized rear compensate well on the boards. 

That being said if I could turn these two in Al Jefferson or a similar player I would.

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I'm much more attached to Sully than Green, but I'd trade both for the right player.

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 05:19:25 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
jared sullinger was such a good draft pick by danny its not even funny. hes a top 5 player from the 2012 rookies.

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 05:54:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Sully is amazing for a 20 year old I think.   He doesn't force shots like Big Baby, and seems to know how to move within the context of his teamates.  He is a good team player.... he just shouldn't be play n center with Bass on the floor. But Sully seems to compliment Green, they are opposite skilled players wrking good together.

Doc and Rondo wil start using Sully more on offense... long as he works hard .

I thought Green earned his pay today as well

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 06:49:30 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Sully is a rookie, Jeff Green is not.  Jeff Green has always been inconsistent... you never know which Green will show up.  The complacent disappearing act or the occasional dominant guy.

This.

I was def on the Jeff Green train through the offseason + preseason. I really believed he would be different after a life threatening incident. He would stop playing with hesitation and just play freely. Needless to say, I have extremely disappointed Jeff's seesaw play through this point in the season. The cold hard truth is that Jeff is now 26 and in his 5th NBA season, the window of "promise and potential" is just about gone. He's at or very near his ceiling as a player.

I'll always have a softspot for him after what he went through last year, but if there's a team willing to swallow his contract and give us a piece that can get us closer to Banner 18, I'd do it.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 07:25:47 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I think having Avery back in practice and playing hard defense is already rubbing off on this team.
They didn't have Humphries and D Will is probably injured more than he's letting on, but our defense for 75% of the game was just excellent.
Sullinger on the defensive end was incredible- really using his weight and taking charges, switching well. It's great to see him catching on to the defensive schemes so quickly.

I think the refs gave Sully a lot of leeway tonight as well, where in other games they've just called a foul on him because he's a rookie, he was able to play quite freely tonight.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
People are talking about trading these two because they are some of our best assets and in order to get something we have to give up something.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
People are talking about trading these two because they are some of our best assets and in order to get something we have to give up something.

This^^ Some of you people really don't get it. Just because we are willing to trade someone doesn't mean we don't think they are good or can be. I like sully but we have to give up something to get something. If i didn't think AB was so important for us to win NOW then id be all for trading him too. I think we can trade sully and lee in some kind of package deal for an upgrade at a position we really need, center.

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 09:08:03 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
im not so sure we even really need a trade to become better..its all about "getting it" defensively...today they looked solid on the defensive end...this team went on a 78% winning streak to end the season with KG at the 5 and Bass at the 4

Sully is getting better defensively every game..lets see what we look like with our 2nd best defender in Avery bradley back.

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 09:24:36 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
im not so sure we even really need a trade to become better..its all about "getting it" defensively...today they looked solid on the defensive end...this team went on a 78% winning streak to end the season with KG at the 5 and Bass at the 4

Sully is getting better defensively every game..lets see what we look like with our 2nd best defender in Avery bradley back.

Yeah as much as I would love to see us net a true true center. It might be wise to keep our assists because I am in the camp of needing to wait for chemistry and waiting for the defensive rotations to fall into place. If we could get a starting/rotation caliber big by trading off only one guy we might be best off.

If green and sully can start playing all around more consistent then that's going to be huge for us.

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 09:33:50 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Yeah um, i want to be put in the best possible position to win the championship THIS YEAR. I don't trust LEE or BASS or even SULLY to be huge factors come playoffs. Id rather trade for a borderline allstar..........