Author Topic: WEAK RUMOR: Cousins to Boston Almost Done (FB / Twitter sources)  (Read 56260 times)

Re: WEAK RUMOR: Cousins to Boston Almost Done (FB / Twitter sources)
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2012, 05:55:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
One thing that might make me warm up to Cousins is if he is willing to act as in enforcer.  For example, if the Celtics acquire him, will he step up and retaliate if Dirty D-Wade tries to do something to Rondo again?

I think he would act as an enforcer even when there is no situation to do so , LOL. He might pick a fight with Tommy and Mike though, or Scal, that would be great!

« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2012, 06:01:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Cousins shouldn't be an enforcer. He is too important to get stuck on the bench in foul trouble. He is a star talent. Not a role player.

You bring in guys around him who can be enforcers to protect him. Not the other way around.

« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2012, 06:03:14 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Cousins shouldn't be an enforcer. He is too important to get stuck on the bench in foul trouble. He is a star talent. Not a role player.

You bring in guys around him who can be enforcers to protect him. Not the other way around.

Agreed. Too much talent to be like that. We need him to be more of an anchor then an enforcer.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2012, 06:07:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Agreed. Too much talent to be like that. We need him to be more of an anchor then an enforcer.

I agree, although I could still see him threatening Scal after a game.

« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2012, 07:27:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Well, maybe not enforcer, but I'd like for the Celtics to have a big who can learn to be a KG-level instigator.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2012, 08:16:12 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I just have this feeling that Cousins on the Celtics would be a combination of obvious talent and a source of frustration over inability to maximize that talent, like a center version of Antoine Walker.
If only he had that fire that Antoine had for winning and standing up to be the face of the franchise in good times and bad.  Antoine had that fire to inspire that major comeback against the Nets in the playoffs -- I doubt Cousins has anything close to that.

Thank you for that post.  In hindsight, Walker got a lot done despite not having a ton of athletic gifts.  Cousins has prototypical size and good athletic ability, but hasn't done a [dang] thing in his entire basketball career.   

If Cousins haw Walker's attitude, he'd be a 22 and 12 guy looking for his second all star appearance by now. 

« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2012, 08:30:28 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I just have this feeling that Cousins on the Celtics would be a combination of obvious talent and a source of frustration over inability to maximize that talent, like a center version of Antoine Walker.
If only he had that fire that Antoine had for winning and standing up to be the face of the franchise in good times and bad.  Antoine had that fire to inspire that major comeback against the Nets in the playoffs -- I doubt Cousins has anything close to that.

Thank you for that post.  In hindsight, Walker got a lot done despite not having a ton of athletic gifts.  Cousins has prototypical size and good athletic ability, but hasn't done a [dang] thing in his entire basketball career.   

If Cousins haw Walker's attitude, he'd be a 22 and 12 guy looking for his second all star appearance by now.
Walker had a lot of athletic gifts, and awful shot selection, an aversion to the paint, and was constantly overweight for much of his career.

Cousins might be a tougher in game competitor if he had Walker's attitude, but  lets not go nuts.

« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2012, 08:59:28 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

To be fair, he's only 22 and ended up in Sacramento. Not many players would do much in their 2 1/4 years in Sacto.

« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2012, 09:00:18 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Well, maybe not enforcer, but I'd like for the Celtics to have a big who can learn to be a KG-level instigator.

Cousins is an instigator alright, although someone might want to advise him that instigating is more effective when employed against players and the coach on the other team, as opposed to your own.

« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2012, 08:49:07 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Just wanted to see if anyone else heard Webber mention the Cousins to Boston rumors last night. It was late and the game was gettig out of hand but that was a small bright point.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:05:44 AM by CelticHooligan3 »

« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2012, 09:04:17 AM »

Offline celty86

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
I heard Webber talking about it. They were just throwing names out there. Mentioned Gortat's name also.

« Reply #191 on: December 28, 2012, 09:06:24 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I heard Webber talking about it. They were just throwing names out there. Mentioned Gortat's name also.

Yes.

But the fact that he mentioned DeMarcus's name first is curious... wishful thinking  ;D

« Reply #192 on: December 28, 2012, 09:29:41 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Just wanted to see if anone else heard Webber mention the Cousins t Boston rumors last night. It was late and the game was gettig out of hand but that was a small bright point.
I didn't pay attention to those clowns enough. Their incompetence and brainless grovelling is usually way too annoying. In any case, I don't think they would have a clue.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #193 on: December 28, 2012, 11:26:06 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Yes, and Webber also talked about how he and Reggie needed to suit up for Boston to go help them rebound.

I'd give Webber a contract to box out and clean up the paint right now. It can't be worse than what we're currently doing. I bet his bad knee feels better too!

« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2012, 11:29:45 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Yes.

But the fact that he mentioned DeMarcus's name first is curious... wishful thinking  ;D

I lol'd at this. 'Curious', like Webber is a proxy for act 1 foreshadowing.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner