Author Topic: WEAK RUMOR: Cousins to Boston Almost Done (FB / Twitter sources)  (Read 56238 times)

Re: WEAK RUMOR: Cousins to Boston Almost Done (FB / Twitter sources)
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2012, 08:11:56 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
If Danny thought Rivers could coach a Cousins-type headcase He'd have signed Blatche.

You can't compare the talent level between the two. Cousins has the potential of being the best center in the NBA in a few years.

Maybe not....But Cousins wasn't available...Blatche was and was signed for very minimal money based on his raw talent.  Danny didn't touch him.

Danny's history has been to desleaze the roster and then after the roster was desleazed...Bring in potential headcases on minimum deals mid-season. 

No way they bring in Cousins regardless of his potential.

I think it was/is more Doc than Danny getting that final call. They clearly have a strong working relationship and im thinking Danny ran Blatche past Doc and Doc wanted no part of it. Doc has not made very kind comments about Blatche over the years, something uncharacteristic of Doc.

I get the comparison of Cousins and Blatche but it is apples and oranges. Plus Blatche was before the season, when Doc was probably a lot more confident in the team and team chemistry. At this point he may be opened to Cousins and in hindsight may be regretting not getting Blatche

« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2012, 08:15:17 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
As for the Blatche thing, the C's had room for 1 low risk/high reward head case big man.  They went with Darko (and I can't help but wonder if the choice was actually made by KG, who has had major issues with Blatche).  It seems that they made the wrong choice.  But I don't think it says anything about their willingness to take on a headcase.

« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2012, 08:32:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Maybe Cousins sitting , is a sign he is being traded  ???

« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2012, 08:47:38 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
whenever incarcerated bob is the source you know it has absolutely zero basis in reality.

the guys schtick is to name as many trades as possible for every sport and when it comes true 1 out of 1,000,000 times he points to it as validity and not dumb luck.

« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2012, 09:27:10 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
As for the Blatche thing, the C's had room for 1 low risk/high reward head case big man.  They went with Darko (and I can't help but wonder if the choice was actually made by KG, who has had major issues with Blatche).  It seems that they made the wrong choice.  But I don't think it says anything about their willingness to take on a headcase.
KG has to have some pull and he hates Blatche
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2012, 11:04:44 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Hmmm, so both Cousins an Tyreke are held out of the game tonight. Avery Bradley didn't travel with the C's to LA.  And Sully played a career high in minutes yesterday (clearly a showcase). 

Obviously this deal is going down!

« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2012, 11:08:09 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
I'd hope not. Bradley is too valuable to dump right now.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2012, 11:10:17 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Hmmm, so both Cousins an Tyreke are held out of the game tonight. Avery Bradley didn't travel with the C's to LA.  And Sully played a career high in minutes yesterday (clearly a showcase). 

Obviously this deal is going down!

Can you even imagine?

If we rolled out a lineup of Rondo, Tyreke, Pierce, KG, and Cousins... Ha that be awesome!!!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2012, 11:11:17 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Tyreke next to Rondo is a nightmare.

« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2012, 11:12:06 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Rondo with Cousins is also a nightmare...for other teams.

« Reply #130 on: December 26, 2012, 11:13:24 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

What if Pierce takes more of an older Ray role (corner threes and coming off screens with the occasional pick and roll) and Reke takes on more of an older Pierce role (isolation and mid range game while attacking the basket)?

« Reply #131 on: December 26, 2012, 11:15:44 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat

Rondo with Cousins is also a nightmare...for other teams.
I don't want to get excited before it happens. But if it did...
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #132 on: December 26, 2012, 11:16:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
We need Cousins , but I hate to loose AB.   DA make it Lee and we have a deal... ;D

« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2012, 11:18:26 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Cousins makes $3,880,800.  That is a relatively cheap contract but actually makes it hard to match up salaries while giving them back something they are actually going to want.  So why don't we shoot the moon and try to get T. Evans too (about $5.2), accepting that we would need to take something else back that they want to get rid of (Outlaw at $3M).  So would you do:

Green + Bradley  (about $10M total)

for

Cousins + Evans + Outlaw (about $11M total)

What more would you be willing to throw in to make it work if we needed to sweeten?

I want no part of Salmons so if they want to dump him (which they probably do) I walk.

« Reply #134 on: December 26, 2012, 11:19:34 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Via Chad Ford

Tough call for the Kings. Cousins new agent will be pushing hard for a trade. They, along with the rest of the NBA, think the Kings ownership/management is dysfunctional and they want him out of there. The problem for the Kings is that Cousins is their best player, but given his frequent issues with coaches/teammates, teams aren't willing to give equal value back in return. In addition, I'm hearing that there's a split between the GM and ownership on what they want in return. Do they get back established players and try to win now or do they want more young prospects/draft picks? In other words, it's a giant mess ..

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/46552

Fegan was behind the Dwightmare. He knows how to manipulate teams with rumors through the media, etc.

Fegan also has an adversarial relationship with Kings executive Geoff Petrie. So this is all looking great for Kings fans. And by great I mean terrible.

The Kings are facing a devastating situation developing. They're reaching the point where they can't justify keeping Cousins with his attitude. But they have no leverage now and won't be able to get a package of value back in return. And this isn't just a good player, it's a potential All-Star. They can't keep him, they can't trade him and get good return. They can only lose.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21455520/demarcus-cousins-will-not-play-vs-portland-as-a-bad-situation-stays-ugly

I do think the Celtics are one of the teams that would be willing to pull the trigger on a Cousins deal. Danny Ainge has never been afraid of players like Cousins. They do have assets too: Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo, Avery Bradley are all players the Kings would have interest in. However, if the Kings do that deal, they take another step backward. Not sure if there's room anymore for the Kings to keep going backward. Pistons, Mavs and Heat are other teams with a lot of interest.

I think a package of AB, Melo, Sully, and future picks AND taking back a bad contract like Salmons could make sense for the Kings. I bet Bradley has more value around the NBA then Tyreke does.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/46552