Author Topic: WEAK RUMOR: Cousins to Boston Almost Done (FB / Twitter sources)  (Read 56281 times)

Re: WEAK RUMOR: Cousins to Boston Almost Done (FB / Twitter sources)
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2012, 11:35:38 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Quick question. Why is Cousins a career 44% shooter?

He seems like a monster on the low block.. What am I missing?

because he jacks up a lot of long jumpers too

So he's like a dumb(er) Josh Smith in that regard?

Pass.

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2012, 11:36:33 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435

Pass.

Having KG would put his butt on the block. Can't turn down a 22 year old Center with Talent out the wazoo

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2012, 11:45:39 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Pass.
Except Cousins has a good looking stroke. To me his shooting percentage is low because he doesn't have a good point guard to get him the ball in his spots. 
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2012, 11:47:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
the Bass piece sounded fishy (pun intended).

could be something to this where discussions are underway with the intention of the C's seeing if Bradley comes back healthy (thereby making Lee expendable) before pulling the trigger.

the concern I have is who's playing the 4 spot.  We'd start KG and then what?  use Green and/or Wilcox to back them up once Bass and Sully are both gone?  talk about having a thin frontcourt all over again.  Collins just isn't going to cut it as the primary backup center.

would also have to believe that if this were to happen, C's would most likely have to take on Salmons as the other player from Sac.

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2012, 11:47:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Pass.

Having KG would put his butt on the block. Can't turn down a 22 year old Center with Talent out the wazoo

Thats right ,  DC is runaway train on the Kings.  He does stupid things like jack up all those long shot because they are scard to tell him "NO".

Cousins NEEDS a change in senery , needs to be around tuff vets to make him focus. 
So there is a job for Dooling ?? Babysit  Cousins ?     

« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2012, 12:05:47 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Plus, Cousins also lacks explosive athleticism which limits him around the basket.

So he often has trouble finishing around the rim against taller players. As a 6-11 center, he rarely has a size advantage against his opponent. Bigger longer and/or more athletic centers can cause him issues (finishing around the rim).

This is mostly an experience thing. Cousins hasn't learned how to finish around the basket yet against NBA caliber athletes / defenders. He still doesn't really know how to properly utilize his physical strength (bulk) to create separation and finish over people. It's a learning process.

Cousins' scoring efficiency will improve in time. As he better learns how to finish around the basket, improves his jumper, cuts down his turnovers and learns what a good shot-selection looks like.

It's a lot of work. It's why he is still a few years away.

« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2012, 12:38:36 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

Pass.

See I hate that argument. KG doesn't have some mythical aura around him that makes all other players listen to and respect him. Sure, the smart ones do but Cousins doesn't sound like he fits that bill.

I can see KG trying to tell him something, Cousins blowing it off and then KG completely forgetting the kid exists. See Patrick O'Bryant. POB and DMC are sort of alike personality wise. Obviously DMC has infinite more talent but that doesn't mean much if he doesn't want to use it to the fullest.

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2012, 12:40:07 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Cousins' career jump shooting percentage is a pathetic 31% and he's taken way too many jumpers over his career, 55% of his shots. 

If he played for a coach that demanded efficiency from him, the jumper would be greatly de-emphasized.  His rookie year, DMC converted a respectable 63% of his shots at the rim.  The last season and a quarter, he's been poor at the rim. 

Hold the guy accountable, and park his butt in the paint and make him shoot from there. 

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2012, 12:42:46 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Pass.

See I hate that argument. KG doesn't have some mythical aura around him that makes all other players listen to and respect him. Sure, the smart ones do but Cousins doesn't sound like he fits that bill.

I can see KG trying to tell him something, Cousins blowing it off and then KG completely forgetting the kid exists. See Patrick O'Bryant. POB and DMC are sort of alike personality wise. Obviously DMC has infinite more talent but that doesn't mean much if he doesn't want to use it to the fullest.

Yea but what you're forgetting, not only do we have KG and Doc... WINNING, may also play a role in keeping him happy. Heck, I would hate being good and always losing too... I'd probably throw hissy-fits too.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2012, 12:48:26 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

Pass.

Yea but what you're forgetting, not only do we have KG and Doc... WINNING, may also play a role in keeping him happy. Heck, I would hate being good and always losing too... I'd probably throw hissy-fits too.

We're playing 500 ball right now. We have brighter rest of the season compared to Sacramento but we're technically not 'winning' right now, either.

« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2012, 12:55:59 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Pass.

We're playing 500 ball right now. We have brighter rest of the season compared to Sacramento but we're technically not 'winning' right now, either.

Technically we weren't winning early last season either...

That wasn't my point anyway... it's that WITH DMC we would probably be winning more (we are better than Sac w/o him), either way you slice it, it'd be a winning environment in comparison... case rested.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2012, 01:05:25 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I don't know how true this is, hence, I am sharing it as a rumor:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=503801102975921&id=453191818036850

BREAKING TRADE NEWS: The kings and the celtics are close to a deal that would send Jared Sullinger, Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, and draft picks for DeMarcus Cousins and other players (Isaiah Thomas is a possibility). Tyreke Evans could be involved. -Bass30

My source is incarcerated bob on twitter. He is a reliable source. -Bass30

Celtics receive:
DeMarcus Cousins
Tyreke Evans/Isaiah Thomas

Kings receive:
Jared Sullinger
Courtney Lee
Brandon Bass
Draft Picks

Again, this is unconfirmed, hence I am posting this as a rumor.

Kings would be stupid to pull the trigger...Cousins AND Evans for Bass/Sully/Lee + Draft picks...

I mean, if true, then yay, but otherwise whatever lol

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2012, 01:23:10 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Deli guy runs rampant. CROTOR all the way.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2012, 01:26:58 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
It's Christmas....not April Fools... this just can't be true.

Happy Holidays everyone

« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2012, 02:56:18 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

Pass.

Technically we weren't winning early last season either...

That wasn't my point anyway... it's that WITH DMC we would probably be winning more (we are better than Sac w/o him), either way you slice it, it'd be a winning environment in comparison... case rested.

Kentucky was a winning environment. Didn't stop him from butting heads with Calapari.

Case reopen.