Author Topic: WEAK RUMOR: Cousins to Boston Almost Done (FB / Twitter sources)  (Read 56243 times)

Re: RUMOR: BREAKING TRADE NEWS: Cousins to Boston Almost DONE
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 08:43:59 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
well the kings apparently were big on sully before the draft... that being said theres no way a trade like this is real, way too good to be true, and if it really was almost done im sure woj or spears would have picked up on it at this point...

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 08:44:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
In fact, Cousins has returned from his suspension and stated that he wants to stay on the Kings long term.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2012/12/24/demarcus-cousins-insists-he-wants-to-stay-in-sacramento/1788819/

And is already fighting with Clifford Ray after practice.

link?

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
well the kings apparently were big on sully before the draft... that being said theres no way a trade like this is real, way too good to be true, and if it really was almost done im sure woj or spears would have picked up on it at this point...

There is no trade of Cousins to Boston, it's fan-fiction

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 08:50:03 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob
**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: Three teams have called the Sac Kings about availability of DeMarcus Cousins (Celtics top bidder) Nets & Spurs

@VinShoe Hearing multiple packs offered by Celts with names like Sullinger/Bass/Lee involved with picks -- Kings would need to add a salary

@KPatrickBurke Celtics need young talent in 2 years they will have only Rondo -- they believe the coaching will get Cousins in line
 View conversation   Reply  Retweet  Favorite

@Brett_Grew11 No deal is close for Cousins (Teams calling) only Celtics made offer so far.. Kings not decided if they move him yet

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: Three teams have called the Sac Kings about availability of DeMarcus Cousins (Celtics top bidder) Nets & Spurs

@VinShoe Hearing multiple packs offered by Celts with names like Sullinger/Bass/Lee involved with picks -- Kings would need to add a salary

@KPatrickBurke Celtics need young talent in 2 years they will have only Rondo -- they believe the coaching will get Cousins in line

@Brett_Grew11 No deal is close for Cousins (Teams calling) only Celtics made offer so far.. Kings not decided if they move him yet

unfortunately this Incarcerated Bob is a joke as a source:

http://newyorkstateofsports.com/2012/07/23/incarcerated-bob-better-than-espn-or-a-complete-fraud/

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
So  the Kings reinstated DMC, and after that he got into a heated "discussion" with big man coach Clifford Ray?  I'm glad everything's OK in Sacto.

Oh yeah, Sam Amico then tracked down Cousins at the local Wal Mart?  Did DMC hit Red Lobster after picking up a ten pack of extra large socks and a bag of Ol' Roy treats for his pit bull? 

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 08:57:28 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956

unfortunately this Incarcerated Bob is a joke as a source:

http://newyorkstateofsports.com/2012/07/23/incarcerated-bob-better-than-espn-or-a-complete-fraud/

Well, go figure.  Stupid Incarcerated Bob and his stupid name.

Gotta say though, seeing the topic title was intriguing.  I have a feeling that there will be a big time shakeup this year.

I recall in 2011 - I had just come home from work, and I logged on to my computer to find out that Perk was traded to OKC.  I stared at my screen in disbelief for a solid 10 minutes.

Something similar will happen this year.  But hopefully this time I'll be stoked instead of disappointed.

Re: RUMOR: Cousins to Boston Almost Done (FB / Twitter sources)
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 08:59:10 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
That moment when you see a thread title like this and then realize its a hoax.

Yea it sucks.

F twitter.

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 09:04:50 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Yeah I am not holding my breath with what is being reported now. However where there is smoke there is often fire and DA has done small business with the Kings in the past.

I am sure he is doing at least due-dilligence and has been in contact with the Kings.

We play in Sacramento in a few days. Hopefully some conversations can take place then. Maybe closer to January 15th DA could get into some serious conversations with the Kings and make something happen.

As I said earlier Cousins, in his first day back from suspension, got into a heated altercation with Clifford Ray in front of the media.

When the practice court was opened to media today, Cousins was seen working individually with Kings assistant Clifford Ray and a player development coach.  The Kings big man spent approximately 20 to 30 minutes with Ray after press was allowed in the gym.  However at one point, tempers flared noticeably between the two, as Cousins and Ray paused the workout for a brief, but heated exchange.

http://www.cowbellkingdom.com/2012/12/24/following-indefinite-suspension-sacramento-kings-reinstate-demarcus-cousins-after-one-%20game/

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 09:06:43 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Well this thread's title got my hopes up for nothing.

My rule of thumb: unless I hear it from Marc Spears, Woj, Greg Payne, or Forsberg, I ain't posting it.

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 09:08:53 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

My rule of thumb: unless I hear it from Marc Spears, Woj, Greg Payne, or Forsberg, I ain't posting it.

This is how Courtney Lee was broken.

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 09:10:21 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

Fair point. I remember that.

Still, that was a realistic trade... No way we're getting Boogie AND Tyreke without giving up Rondo.

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 09:24:23 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Don't get my hopes up. Otherwise you go on the Festivus Grievence list.

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 09:26:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Can we use him in the tests of Strength?

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 09:26:41 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

Fair point. I remember that.

Still, that was a realistic trade... No way we're getting Boogie AND Tyreke without giving up Rondo.

Agreed, but I don't think Tyreke would be packaged in there. I think he was just a "salary" that needed to be added. More like a Salmons or Thompson is included since Fab and Sully/Bass would be going with Lee/Bradley.