Author Topic: Jeff Green - Back from the Brink  (Read 1404 times)

Jeff Green - Back from the Brink
« on: December 26, 2012, 04:21:46 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NcAKXy4QYm4

Great story on Green's surgery last year. I can't imagine what he went through but I'm glad he's back playing for the C's.

Re: Jeff Green - Back from the Brink
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:35:54 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I saw that on espn? it was on tv

amazing thing is that he had open heart surgery and he is playing basketball at the highest level
love the progress he is making recovering as a player and nice when he put it all into perspective
under stated part of story was that he had this ailment for years, dr said his artery walls were paper thin, the celtics organization caught the problem but apparently seatle and okc didn't
anyone who was around for reggie lewis knows none of us need that to happen again

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 05:26:18 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Listening to his doctor, it is clear that Green was very close to losing his life on the court some day.

People on this forum give this guy a lot of crap because of the money he got this offseason.  When the moment is right, he is going to come through for us, and show all of you up. 

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 06:04:02 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm glad he's healthy now, and I'm glad to have him on the Cs. I think he's coming along nicely.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 06:46:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Jeff had a really ruff start , thrown on to a team not of his choice, then the heart surgery ....and now the pressure of a major comeback.

I guess what don't kill us makes us stronger.

His game seems to finally be returning .  And yes I'm happy with his effort.  I think as his confidence builds and courttime , his game will get even better.  Jeff seems more AT EASE on the court his his team mates than ever before.

I think he is well liked by his teammates and is starting to find his role on the team..