Author Topic: Celtics (13-13) at Nets (14-12) 12/25  (Read 48579 times)

Re: Celtics (13-13) at Nets (14-12) 12/25
« Reply #285 on: December 25, 2012, 02:43:06 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
KG better pay for Big Sullys flagrant fine! Sully did very well today.

« Reply #286 on: December 25, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »

LEHGOCELTICS

D-Will EXPOSED by Rondo. Showed him how a true superstar performs. Dude badly needs to meet a treadmill.

« Reply #287 on: December 25, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
We're witnessing maturation of Rajon Rondo. Last few games are evident he doesn't care about racking assists any longer. Great news for the Celtics.

« Reply #288 on: December 25, 2012, 02:49:07 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
D-Will EXPOSED by Rondo. Showed him how a true superstar performs. Dude badly needs to meet a treadmill.

Don't forget to vote. Get the Big3 in the allstar game.

« Reply #289 on: December 25, 2012, 02:51:26 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Very happy to see this team click in all phases.  A little slow in the third but they didnt let it get to them.  Stayed focused and finished out.  Need this every time.

« Reply #290 on: December 25, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Great win, much better defense.  This is why we are all disappointed with the poor play.  Their ceiling is higher than a .500 win club.  Loved Sully's aggressive play today.  Jet, JG, Rondo all  played well.  Bravo!

« Reply #291 on: December 25, 2012, 03:04:16 PM »

Offline ummidkme

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I just learned Jarvis' nickname for Italy’s Carmatic Pistoia was “Tornado Varnado” we can have fun with that.

« Reply #292 on: December 25, 2012, 03:26:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Rondo owned D Will today...

SULLY  MVP ++

« Reply #293 on: December 25, 2012, 07:28:45 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
wow. where did that team in green come from today? It was as if doc rivers read every post of mine on here and did exactly as I said. attack the basket the whole game. we did that basically. we ran at times after defensive rebounds. fantastic! easy buckets in transition. the D speaks for itself. holding a team under 80? impressive. we did not settle for contested jumpers once we had the big lead. wide open jumpers are fine(as long as we keep attacking the basket also and we did)...just not contested. anybody can shoot contested jumpers.

some nice passes to sully in the paint for easy scores. we'll still need a big guy to go deep in the playoffs even once AB comes back. sully, terry and wilcox and collins should give us a decent bench though compared to last year. get a starter at center and keep KG at the 4 spot. Trade green, bass, lee, barbosa, etc.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #294 on: December 25, 2012, 07:41:26 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
You know your sports city is awesome when you don't have to chant it. Great win by the C's. Pierce after the game was just awesome. Any video of that?
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #295 on: December 25, 2012, 08:38:01 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I don't mean to grinch but to me this was more of a Nets loss than a Celtic win. I'm really glad Sully and Green stepped up and scored a bit but I was looking at some of the numbers the Nets put up and I watched the 2nd half of the game. Every player except Gerald Wallace looked like they had just eaten Christmas dinner; sluggish, uninterested and generally out of sync.

I like the win, I'm not giving it back. I just think that the Nets are in a funk right now and we shouldn't hype the excellent play of our team over that win. Let's decisively beat the Knicks, the Heat or a Western conference team of worth before we start raising flags. So far we have a win against the Thunder and that is mostly it.

« Reply #296 on: December 25, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we saw our team pride given it was a nationally televised game.   

« Reply #297 on: December 25, 2012, 09:33:49 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I don't mean to grinch but to me this was more of a Nets loss than a Celtic win. I'm really glad Sully and Green stepped up and scored a bit but I was looking at some of the numbers the Nets put up and I watched the 2nd half of the game. Every player except Gerald Wallace looked like they had just eaten Christmas dinner; sluggish, uninterested and generally out of sync.

I like the win, I'm not giving it back. I just think that the Nets are in a funk right now and we shouldn't hype the excellent play of our team over that win. Let's decisively beat the Knicks, the Heat or a Western conference team of worth before we start raising flags. So far we have a win against the Thunder and that is mostly it.

D will has been looking that way the entire season. biggest stuey dew

« Reply #298 on: December 25, 2012, 09:58:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Great Team win..The C's just did what I remember Celtics teams of old do - they imposed their will on BKN. BKN wasn't able to get many easy looks all game.

Jason Collins? I can see why Doc starts him now. The man played physical D on Brooke, which knocked him off axis early.

Brooke today was certainly NOT Brook from the previous two games, thanks in big part to Jason.

Great game by Rajon Rondo...he basically controlled the game without getting double-digit assists.

I may take some flack for this, but Rajon was clearly better than Deron today, and he HAS been better than Deron the last two yrs. Deron is beginning to look a bit over-rated, to me.

Perhaps one day Rajon Rondo will get the recognition ranking-wise that he deserves, but he clearly is a better leader than Deron basketball-wise. Just in today's game alone, the only time BKN made a run was when Gerald Wallace tried to put them on his back...Deron just seemed to check out of the game.

Great games by Jared and Super 8. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Jared Sullinger doesn't play like a rookie. He is already a special player, and will only get better.

Bass played well, as well as Jet, KG, Paul (10 assists) and Lee. Just a great TEAM win.

« Reply #299 on: December 25, 2012, 10:00:09 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
First of all i agree with everything you said except the fact we NEED sully. Hes a rookie that in all likely hood won't see as much time once the playoffs start.

I disagree.

In the past Doc has never played a rookie big minutes period, but that's because he's never had a rookie that could give veteran-calibire production.

Sully is getting minutes right now because he's playing the right way and because he's not playing like a rookie.  He's right for rebounds. he's taking charges, his moving the ball well, finishing well around the basket and he's doing it all with a great attitude.

As long a Sully continues to play the way he has he will continue to get minutes regardless of whether it's the regular season or playoffs.  Sully has been outplaying Bass for some time now, and Doc clearly recognises that - today he played twice as many minutes as Bass did.

We need to trade out any combination of Bass, Lee, Barbosa and picks. 

* Bass because he's redundant and Sully is doing just about everything better

* Lee because he becomes redundant once Bradley returns

* Barbosa because he's very streaky and too good a player to have riding the pine - he deservers an opportunity to play more

* Picks because if we have enough young guys, and if we make the right trade our future will already be set.  Plus we are a playoff team so our picks will be late first round in a weak draft.

I'd prefer to keep both Sully and Melo but I would be willing to let them go if it would get us a youngish and high quality package in return (e.g. Cousins and Tyreke Evans, Gortat, Millsap, Josh Smith).

I would still do everything in my power to try to make a trade work without giving those guys up, and only would add them if it was absolutely necessary.

I think Bass is as good as gone to be honest.  There are too many signs to ignore:

1. Bass' drop from the starting lineup
2. Bass' drop in minutes (less than 20 today)
3. Recent signing of a seemingly redundant power forward

All of the above tells me that Doc has Bass about ready to ship out, he's planning to start either Collins or Sully, then he's bringing in a low cost D league player as backup insurance once Bass is gone.

Adding to this I see Barbosa as a potential addition.  He's a athletic and talented volume scorer on a vet minimum deal - that's the type of asset a lot of teams would have an interest in, so he may be a very valuable filler in any deal.  For us he becomes pretty redundant once Bradley comes back, as both he and Terry can man the PG spot just as capably as Barbosa can.

Finally Lee - he's certainly shown improvement in the last 10 games (as opposed to the time prior to that) but I think once Bradley returns there's not going to be a lot of playing time for him.  With Rondo playing nearly 40 mins a game and Bradley starting at SG, I'd expect to see Terry soak up a lot of those remaining minutes at both guard spots...and it would be a waste to [ay $6M for a guy who will be playing at most 10 minutes a night.

I really hope the rumour is true about Sacramento trade.  If we could get either Tyreke Evans + Demarcus Cousins or Tyreke Evans + Jason Thompson (either works well) then it would strengthen our lineup significantly. 

If it means giving up either Bass or Sully (not both) for a deal like that I'd be willing to pull the trigger.  I would rather keep Sully but I know he'd get more interest from other teams, and I'd be happy enough with Bass as a backup PF behind Cousins/KG/Thompson - as long as he's not starting he's fine.