Author Topic: Celtics (13-13) at Nets (14-12) 12/25  (Read 49021 times)

Re: Celtics (13-13) at Nets (14-12) 12/25
« Reply #240 on: December 25, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Sully showcasing out there i love it. Most teams would want a young guy like sully on their team.

Why in the hell would we want to "showcase" him??  We NEED him - he's the best rebounder on this team.  Why the desire to ship him out.

We need to rid ourselves of the worthless Bass and the useless Lee - THOSE are the two guys that are dead weight on this team.

You're listening to that idiot Bill Simmons ramble too much...

First of all i agree with everything you said except the fact we NEED sully. Hes a rookie that in all likely hood won't see as much time once the playoffs start. That being said id rather get rid of bass over sully. Problem is most teams would prefer sully. The guys i would trade sully for are all upgrades over him.

Sully's contract is cost efficient.  A team with CAP issues like the Celtics NEED a contract like that.  High efficiency at low cost = bargain.  Sully's a bargain - you don't hand those away.

We are in win NOW mode. We have to make a trade. We are not winning a championship with collins at center buddy. And good luck getting a quality center/PF without giving up sully or bradley.

Thank God you are not running the Celtics...  SMH...

I don't need to be because i guarantee you danny is thinking the same thing.

« Reply #241 on: December 25, 2012, 02:26:43 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Sully showcasing out there i love it. Most teams would want a young guy like sully on their team.

Why in the hell would we want to "showcase" him??  We NEED him - he's the best rebounder on this team.  Why the desire to ship him out.

We need to rid ourselves of the worthless Bass and the useless Lee - THOSE are the two guys that are dead weight on this team.

First of all i agree with everything you said except the fact we NEED sully. Hes a rookie that in all likely hood won't see as much time once the playoffs start. That being said id rather get rid of bass over sully. Problem is most teams would prefer sully. The guys i would trade sully for are all upgrades over him.

Sully's contract is cost efficient.  A team with CAP issues like the Celtics NEED a contract like that.  High efficiency at low cost = bargain.  Sully's a bargain - you don't hand those away.

We are in win NOW mode. We have to make a trade. We are not winning a championship with collins at center buddy. And good luck getting a quality center/PF without giving up sully or bradley.

Thank God you are not running the Celtics...  SMH...

I don't need to be because i guarantee you danny is thinking the same thing.

doubt it

« Reply #242 on: December 25, 2012, 02:27:03 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

I disagree with Courtney Lee point. He has been a great addition to the team. Hopefully he finds his shot soon.

« Reply #243 on: December 25, 2012, 02:27:53 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Lazy passes right there. Garnett wasn't even paying attention to the ball.

Who made the passes? I missed the plays.

Terry I think

« Reply #244 on: December 25, 2012, 02:27:53 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Bass is bad.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #245 on: December 25, 2012, 02:28:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Lazy passes right there. Garnett wasn't even paying attention to the ball.

Who made the passes? I missed the plays.

Jet
Yeah, I see how we need a PG tbh.

Anyone is capable of lazy passes. He only has one TO this game though as our primary PG backup for the day.

« Reply #246 on: December 25, 2012, 02:28:17 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87

I disagree with Courtney Lee point. He has been a great addition to the team. Hopefully he finds his shot soon.

The return of Avery Bradley renders Lee useless on this roster.  He will sit...  He could be moved.

« Reply #247 on: December 25, 2012, 02:28:55 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
lightskinsmurf, glad you're not the gm, for real. Sully is a building block of the future. if a trade is going to happen, id rather it be bass and lee or fab melo

Again, if it was up to me id RATHER trade bass lee and melo too. That being said teams are gonna be asking for sully or bradley or both. You aren't gonna get a quality center without giving up one of those guys PERIOD. You talk about future but we are in win NOW mode. We are looking for the best moves to make so we can win RIGHT NOW. Our championship window is 1-2 years right now.

« Reply #248 on: December 25, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
The lead is dropping. Need to be careful here.

They could make this a very difficult final few minutes if they aren't careful.

« Reply #249 on: December 25, 2012, 02:29:17 PM »

Offline The4Time2Doctor0

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 18
never realized Wallace was such a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. cat. I had very different impression of him. This is a very soft league. sullinger is looking more untradable by the game. I'm also getting very sick of watching terry. if i had to pick lee or terry I would def. pick lee. coming into the season, I would have never have thought I'd feel like that. lots of changing opinions for me. a side note if I were a brooklyn fan I would be tired of see sermon Williams sour puss.

« Reply #250 on: December 25, 2012, 02:29:30 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

The return of Avery Bradley renders Lee useless on this roster.  He will sit...  He could be moved.

What we'll see is less Rondo, and more Terry at PG in my opinion.

« Reply #251 on: December 25, 2012, 02:29:39 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
... Jarvis time? :)

« Reply #252 on: December 25, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
The lead is dropping. Need to be careful here.

They could make this a very difficult final few minutes if they aren't careful.

Ah, that's better. That J.Green three gives some breathing room.

« Reply #253 on: December 25, 2012, 02:30:04 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
sully just yelled a nice word. lol

« Reply #254 on: December 25, 2012, 02:30:11 PM »

Offline Big Rondo

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 37
Cheery language Sullinger  :D
Offense sells tickets, Defense wins games, Rebounds win championships.