Author Topic: Celtics are signing forward Jarvis Varnado  (Read 120985 times)

Re: Celtics are signing forward Jarvis Varnado
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2013, 10:53:54 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
why ??? to bench him?

LOL Like I said... If I was this dude I'll ask to be sent to the Red Claws. ****!

« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2013, 12:09:58 AM »

LEHGOCELTICS

Sigh...Doc won't even play the [dang] dude. Might as well start him in any of the next three games we'll most likely lose -- maybe he'll be this year's Stiemsma, who knows?

« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2013, 12:42:40 AM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
Sigh...Doc won't even play the [dang] dude. Might as well start him in any of the next three games we'll most likely lose -- maybe he'll be this year's Stiemsma, who knows?

LOL...  The guy SUCKS - flat out stinks.  Shoot, the Heat kept the worthless Dexter Pittman over him on their roster.  Nothing more than a D-Leaguer...

« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2013, 01:19:50 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Doc did let Stiems play right? It's not like Doc was forced to play him.

I don't question him as a talent coach.

The only thing I don't like is how we still slow it down and play like it's 2008 when we have 3 of the best shooting hall of famers and Perk. But I still think he's up there, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best coach in the NBA currently.

« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2013, 01:23:51 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Why do you guys think every D-Leaguer is a hidden star that "Doc won't play?"  I love prospect-watching as much as anybody, but you guys take the homerism (and the Doc-hate) to the point of absurdity at times. 

Varnado is on the team because they took a flier on him.  They analyze him in practice, not in games.  In the meantime, he's a warm body in case of an emergency or junk time. 

He likely won't play meaningful minutes for us.  If he does pan out, it's probably a few months later, when he understands our scheme well enough to not kill us when he's on the floor. 

« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2013, 02:06:50 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Why do you guys think every D-Leaguer is a hidden star that "Doc won't play?"

I don't think think that every D-Leaguer is a hidden star, but I am adamant that the D-League has some players who could step in almost immediately and be a solid rotation player for a team with legitimate championship aspirations.  Based on the numbers, I might have preferred a guy like Brian Butch, but I feel like the best of the D-League offers more upside than your typical veteran retread who once was very good but is now on the downside of his career.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2013, 02:50:04 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I am ready to get rid of him.

I don't think Varnado offers enough. I didn't like how easily he was pushed around defensively in the spot minutes he has received so far. I think there are better big men out there who can offer the team a lot more (like Kenyon Martin or Chris Andersen).

« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2013, 02:53:55 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I am ready to get rid of him.

I don't think Varnado offers enough. I didn't like how easily he was pushed around defensively in the spot minutes he has received so far. I think there are better big men out there who can offer the team a lot more (like Kenyon Martin or Chris Andersen).
He looked worse than JuJuan  :-X
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk