Author Topic: Demarcus Cousins? (Trade Idea)  (Read 3560 times)

Demarcus Cousins? (Trade Idea)
« on: December 23, 2012, 10:10:13 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 85
DC is clearly a talented player with an ego and a bad attitude. But if there's anything a great coach and a winning organization can, that's turn these kind of lumps of coals into diamonds.

Stephen Jackson, Latrell Sprewell, Andre Blatche, Tony Allen,
Zach Randolph, Rasheed Wallace, and so on

Boston sends Green, Melo, Bradley and Sully to Kings
Sac sends Cousins, Travis Outlaw and Salmons to Celtics

Add in 2 partially protected 1st round picks over the next 3 years.

Rondo, Lee, Pierce, KG, Cousins
Jet, Salmons, Outlaw, Bass, Wilcox

Cousins could absolutely thrive in a Boston system where Rondo gets him the ball in the right spots, and KG can mentor him with his attitude and how to play like a mobile big.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:45:07 AM by IndeedProceed »
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: Demarcus Cousins?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 10:24:09 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1103
NO, NO, NO!!!

cousins is this much of a headcase this early in his career. he is talented, but definitely not worth it imo.  let someone else be a sucker and think they can "change" him in a "thriving" environment.  yuck :P

Re: Demarcus Cousins? (Trade Idea)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:55:10 AM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jared Sullinger
  • Tommy Points: 25
The Celtics would be fools not to at least offer something for Cousins. Most of the people that don't want to even try are the same people that didn't want us to even bother with Andre Blatche, but I bet many of them were also the same people that were ecstatic when we signed Darko. Talent trumps just about everything in this league. Cousins has too much talent to not even bother trying to attain him, not to mention our serious need for a skilled big.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 11:10:05 AM by TheBig5 »

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 10:58:49 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1103
The Celtics would be fools not to at least offer something for Cousins. Anyone that doesn't want to even try are the same people that didn't want us to even bother with Andre Blatche, but were also the same people that were ecstatic when we signed Darko. Talent trumps just about everything in this league. Cousins has too much talent to not even bother trying to attain him, not to mention our serious need for a skilled big.

u assume too much.  i didnt want blatche and thought darko was a bum long before he came here.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 11:08:51 AM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jared Sullinger
  • Tommy Points: 25
My reply wasn't even targeted at your response. All I read was the OP, but I'll fix my previous post so it doesn't seem like I'm accusing EVERY single person that doesn't want Cousins. Sorry  :P

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 12:02:48 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 125
i do it!!! But i didnt know Outlaw was still in the league, lol..Sac would probably do this deal also. It just if they want to deal with Cousins head anymore

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Jared Sullinger
  • Tommy Points: 27
What I'm scared of and is a BIG possibility:

Demarcus Cousins to Miami for Joel Anthony + a 2013 1st and 2014 1st.

We know why Miami would do it. Sacramento would do it because Anthony can be amnestied and they would get two picks. The Heat got one from the 76ers in 2013 because of the Arnett Moultrie trade. The only issue is the pick is top-12 protected. Right now Philly is on the border of the playoffs so it could be a wait and see type thing.

If this happens, Miami could be virtually unbeatable...

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• NCE
  • Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 491
The Celtics would be fools not to at least offer something for Cousins. Most of the people that don't want to even try are the same people that didn't want us to even bother with Andre Blatche, but I bet many of them were also the same people that were ecstatic when we signed Darko. Talent trumps just about everything in this league. Cousins has too much talent to not even bother trying to attain him, not to mention our serious need for a skilled big.

Agreed,  Danny will at least put some ideas together ,  he has star ability , and one day somebody , like POP, Pat Riley, Collins,Chicago is gonna get hold of him and make us all pay.

I don't see Celtics getting a Lottery pick any time soon. I would rather have Cousins with a mean streak , than silly giggly smiling I GOTS my millions ( I DON't care) Howard on my team.

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 01:01:43 PM »

Offline mcshane41

• Gerald Wallace
  • Tommy Points: 14
Sheridan Hoops thinks it could get done for Melo, Bradley, Sullinger:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/12/22/sheridan-four-ways-to-trade-demarcus-cousins/2/

Tempting to combine this with the Tyreke rumor for a blockbuster.

These players would be an interesting acquisition for C's if all else fails. Seriously, I want to win championships not develop the next great team - this is supposed to be a great team already. I'd rather see Bradley in OUR starting lineup and try to acquire a veteran big man to keep the team afloat while KG sits. Future 1st & Melo for whatever it gets us would be nice, but I'd like to keep Sully & Bradley here. I believe both can become quality starters, potentially more.

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »

Offline Sec22

• MarShon Brooks
  • Tommy Points: 4
Seriously, I want to win championships not develop the next great team

I think there's always this hope that if a knucklehead hears that he's a knucklehead enough, then he'll change his ways. Unfortunately, part of being a knucklehead is that the chorus of criticism at best doesn't produce any long lasting change. I think this is where DC is at. It's now been three years that the world has been screaming at him "wake up you knucklehead!!" and he has yet to hear it. Thinking that somehow a change of scenery will do the trick is wishful thinking, imo, and very risky. He seems a much bigger knucklehead than the other guys on jdubb's list.

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 01:44:42 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Jared Sullinger
  • Tommy Points: 38
I'd love some Boogie Cousins but honestly there are many other teams that can offer a more attractive package than us.

I'd be really surprised if Sam Presti doesn't get in on the action.

Some combo of Jones, lamb, liggins, orton, thabeet, + the Toronto pick

Heck they could even include Perk so they have a legit starting center and take back salmons/outlaw contracts

OKC would be a dynasty with Westbrook/thabo/Durant/ibaka/cousins

I pray they don't get him.
Ray Allen 2004 on Kobe Bryant: "in about a year or two he will be calling out to Jerry Buss that we need some help in here, or trade me."

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 02:05:32 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jeff Green
  • Tommy Points: 51
What I'm scared of and is a BIG possibility:

Demarcus Cousins to Miami for Joel Anthony + a 2013 1st and 2014 1st.

We know why Miami would do it. Sacramento would do it because Anthony can be amnestied and they would get two picks. The Heat got one from the 76ers in 2013 because of the Arnett Moultrie trade. The only issue is the pick is top-12 protected. Right now Philly is on the border of the playoffs so it could be a wait and see type thing.

If this happens, Miami could be virtually unbeatable...

You can't amnesty someone you trade for. They have to be on your team before the CBA (with amnesty provision) goes into effect. I also don't think SAC does that trade for 2 (most likely late) 1st round picks. Philly is doing well enough and will only get better if Bynum comes back and the Heat are going to be in the bottom 5 picks for at least 2-3 more years.

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 02:25:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 645
THey say they arent going to trade him, but he is apparently hiring a new agent:

Two people with knowledge of Cousins' situation also said that he recently parted ways with the only agent he has had since he was drafted fifth overall out of Kentucky in 2010, John Greig. Cousins is expected to work with agent Dan Fegan now, a move that could spell trouble for the Kings going forward.

Fegan is one of the most powerful agents in the NBA, and his most recent high-profile situation is the very sort of scenario the Kings – and every other team, for that matter – would like to avoid. Fegan was instrumental in Dwight Howard's exodus from Orlando to the Lakers last summer, having presented the Magic with a list of teams (Brooklyn, Dallas, and the Lakers) to which Howard was willing to re-sign if traded. Fegan's last extensive dealings with the Kings were in 2009, and they were far from positive for either side.

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 02:44:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• NCE
  • Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 491

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/12/22/sheridan-four-ways-to-trade-demarcus-cousins/2/

These players would be an interesting acquisition for C's if all else fails. Seriously, I want to win championships not develop the next great team - this is supposed to be a great team already. I'd rather see Bradley in OUR starting lineup and try to acquire a veteran big man to keep the team afloat while KG sits. Future 1st & Melo for whatever it gets us would be nice, but I'd like to keep Sully & Bradley here. I believe both can become quality starters, potentially more.

I see he isn't trading off EITHER SPURS CENTER, so ther SPURS would have THREE NBA TOP FLITE CENTERS ????? Is that site a SPURS site ...he is fullof it.

No way give up Fab and Bradley or Sully.........dump the GREEN, BASS, JET , LEE , they are ones making BIG money...and playing like dog turds.

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 02:57:41 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 786
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I'd do two first rounders instead of Bradley. I think that's a fair offer.
"The rim is looking bigger and bigger every game." - PP

http://tinyurl.com/n8py37p

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog