Author Topic: Minny and Boston Trade. Kevin Love to Boston  (Read 8341 times)

Re: Minny and Boston Trade. Kevin Love to Boston
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I tend to agree somewhat with the OP, and I appreciate his disclaimer to begin that it isn't necessarily actual knowledge. Everyone coming on here and saying it is 'impossible' just hasn't seen how trades for superstars work in recent times and Love is nowhere near Lebron / Howard level, where the Cavs and Magic got very little in return.

If Adelman has legitimate interest in Green, Lee, and Sullinger, I think that provides the framework for a deal. I have said it in other threads, those players aren't horrible as others seem to perceive them to be. They are starting caliber players on market value contracts. I don't particularly want to throw in Bradley and Melo for the fun of it, but if other assets were involved, then I could listen.

I just don't think anybody is qualified to say that there is 'no chance' of this happening, especially if Love isn't happy and [also] especially since Love is apparently totally overrated.

Not really a good comparison. LBJ was a free agent, and Cleveland wanted to get something in return. D12 only has one year left on his deal and he could've walked for nothing. They had leverage. Kevin Love is in the first year of a 4 year extension he chose to sign. They have no reason to trade him for the next 3 yrs.

They do if he is letting people know that he isn't happy...I mean, he mentions it once and the franchise is in an uproar...Don't you think other franchises look at the debacle in ORL and want to avoid that if they can...especially if there is a deal on the table that is somewhat appealing to them?

That's incredibly wishful thinking. They have no reason to seriously consider moving him until after the 13/14 season. He's got a Player Option on the 15/16 and can become a free agent in 2015 - until he gains that leverage, he's in no position to dictate where he's going to go. Now, they may very well move him if he's unhappy, but they have all the power and can take the best package available. If that happens, Jeff Green's bloated contract is not going to cut it. That'd be highway robbery.

If he survives in Minny until the 2014 and he's still unhappy and wants to force his way somewhere, I honestly don't see Boston high on his list. He's a Cali boy, I fully expect the Lakers (or even GSW) to be more appealing to him.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 04:43:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Call me crazy, but if Danny offers a package of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger and Melo (plus a couple future picks) for Love, Rubio and maybe Ridnour, Minny MIGHT consider it.

Again, key word is MIGHT. As for the Celtics side, I know we all love Rondo, but that's something I would have to say yes to.

Regardless, I am sure all this talk is just a pipe dream.
Merry Christmas!

That is way too much for Love. Rondo is regarded at least as high as Love is around the league. Adding in every single one of our other top prospects is a little ridiculous.

I would much rather have Cousins for Avery and Sullinger [as proposed on the front page] than Love. With that package, we could have had Dwight, Anderson, and picks from Orl last year...

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 05:47:01 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Call me crazy, but if Danny offers a package of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger and Melo (plus a couple future picks) for Love, Rubio and maybe Ridnour, Minny MIGHT consider it.

Again, key word is MIGHT. As for the Celtics side, I know we all love Rondo, but that's something I would have to say yes to.

Regardless, I am sure all this talk is just a pipe dream.
Merry Christmas!

That really is giving up way too much for Love. Rondo is considered the best point guard in the league and he's in his prime like Love. Look at the year Love is having, it's terrible.
Peckovic shining is taking his rebounds and points way down.

And why do the Wolves seemingly always appear in Verajao trade rumors? They have 'strong interest' in Verajao and have had for a while.

I'm not sure the Timberwolves organisation and the maniacally egotistical GM Kahn appreciated Mr Love as we may think.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 05:47:32 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Better Kirilenko or get the big man Pekovic

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 06:30:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
You're expecting the Wolves to consider trading their best players for a package consisting of pieces that are not the best players on a team that has a worse record than them? Don't hold your breath :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 07:13:07 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
You're expecting the Wolves to consider trading their best players for a package consisting of pieces that are not the best players on a team that has a worse record than them? Don't hold your breath :)

He did put Rondo in the trade.

No way in hell I'm giving up Rondo (arguably our best player), Bradley (our perimeter defender), Green (our best bench scorer), Sullinger and Melo (our young prospects) in return for a forward who cans defend, can't score inside and has a one dimensional offensive game (Love) and an injury prone PG (Rubio).

No thanks...