Author Topic: Minny and Boston Trade. Kevin Love to Boston  (Read 8338 times)

Re: Minny and Boston Trade. Kevin Love to Boston
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 10:09:05 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
There's limit when trading several players for 1 or 2 excellent ones and this is just too much.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 08:34:37 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
I have been thinking about this idea after initially thinking it was impossible but kinda coming around on it. KLove publicly talking about being unhappy in Minny has been the main reason for the change.

The three team scenario is the most interesting:

BOS gets
K Love
L Ridnour or JJ Barea

CLE gets:
Derrick Williams
Chase Budinger
Fab Melo
first round pick (Cs)

MIN gets:
Jeff Green
Courtney Lee
Anderson Varejao
Jared Sullinger
first round pick (Cs)
cash

after the trade the Cs are

Rondo/Ridnour
Bradley/Terry/Barbosa
Pierce/?
KLove/Bass
KG/Collins

We'd be pretty thin off the bench in the paint and on the wing (too bad no Pietrus) but our starting five would be right there with any in the league...plus it would be nice having a back up point that is actually a PG.

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 08:43:05 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
the other idea I guess is to deal directly with MIN:

BOS gets:
KLove
Derrick Williams
Ridnour

MIN gets:
Jeff Green
Courtney Lee
Brandon Bass
Jared Sullinger
2 first round picks
cash

That puts a lot of pressure on Derrick Williams to perform right away however. Plus we'd be desperately in need of bigs off the bench (Ryan Hollins?)

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 08:59:38 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

BOS gets:
KLove
Derrick Williams
Ridnour

MIN gets:
Jeff Green
Courtney Lee
Brandon Bass
Jared Sullinger
2 first round picks
cash

That puts a lot of pressure on Derrick Williams to perform right away however. Plus we'd be desperately in need of bigs off the bench (Ryan Hollins?)

why would minny trade a top 20 player for bench players with long term contracts and a few draft picks in the 20's?

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 09:40:31 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
this is not nba 2k13. we don't have any chance pulling this kind of trade unless rondo is included in the package.

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 10:53:23 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I tend to agree somewhat with the OP, and I appreciate his disclaimer to begin that it isn't necessarily actual knowledge. Everyone coming on here and saying it is 'impossible' just hasn't seen how trades for superstars work in recent times and Love is nowhere near Lebron / Howard level, where the Cavs and Magic got very little in return.

If Adelman has legitimate interest in Green, Lee, and Sullinger, I think that provides the framework for a deal. I have said it in other threads, those players aren't horrible as others seem to perceive them to be. They are starting caliber players on market value contracts. I don't particularly want to throw in Bradley and Melo for the fun of it, but if other assets were involved, then I could listen.

I just don't think anybody is qualified to say that there is 'no chance' of this happening, especially if Love isn't happy and [also] especially since Love is apparently totally overrated.

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 10:59:46 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Dream trade (he's my fav non Celtic) , but it an't happening , at least by normal trades. Something wierd would need to happen.

It will them wanting to give Love up (for some reason) , either he tells them I'm definelty not returning , I hate you , he pulls several COusins stunts....

It then would take either Rondo possibly or extra PUSH from their side via LOve himself /Owner to ever make this trasspire. I can't see why they would trade Love for Rondo , unless we gave them WAY to many addtional young prospects. Not sure DA would do that. I wouldn't and I'm a huge LOVE fan.

I look for Love to go to Lakers, or Dallas eventually.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 06:50:27 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 12:38:02 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I tend to agree somewhat with the OP, and I appreciate his disclaimer to begin that it isn't necessarily actual knowledge. Everyone coming on here and saying it is 'impossible' just hasn't seen how trades for superstars work in recent times and Love is nowhere near Lebron / Howard level, where the Cavs and Magic got very little in return.

If Adelman has legitimate interest in Green, Lee, and Sullinger, I think that provides the framework for a deal. I have said it in other threads, those players aren't horrible as others seem to perceive them to be. They are starting caliber players on market value contracts. I don't particularly want to throw in Bradley and Melo for the fun of it, but if other assets were involved, then I could listen.

I just don't think anybody is qualified to say that there is 'no chance' of this happening, especially if Love isn't happy and [also] especially since Love is apparently totally overrated.

Not really a good comparison. LBJ was a free agent, and Cleveland wanted to get something in return. D12 only has one year left on his deal and he could've walked for nothing. They had leverage. Kevin Love is in the first year of a 4 year extension he chose to sign. They have no reason to trade him for the next 3 yrs.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 12:57:21 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

BOS gets:
KLove
Derrick Williams
Ridnour

MIN gets:
Jeff Green
Courtney Lee
Brandon Bass
Jared Sullinger
2 first round picks
cash

People have to understand we're not getting Minesotta's best player without giving up our best player. And no-one has adequately explained yet why the Wolves need Rondo.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 01:47:49 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

BOS gets:
KLove
Derrick Williams
Ridnour

MIN gets:
Jeff Green
Courtney Lee
Brandon Bass
Jared Sullinger
2 first round picks
cash

People have to understand we're not getting Minesotta's best player without giving up our best player. And no-one has adequately explained yet why the Wolves need Rondo.

I don't agree. I think we are finding in the current NBA climate that some players can instigate trades that might not have otherwise happened. And the best players (all star players) on each team are not necessarily involved. Think about CP3, Deron Williams, Melo, and DHoward - all top tier players acquired for arguably smaller packages than the ones mentioned here for KLove...

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 01:52:53 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

Not really a good comparison. LBJ was a free agent, and Cleveland wanted to get something in return. D12 only has one year left on his deal and he could've walked for nothing. They had leverage. Kevin Love is in the first year of a 4 year extension he chose to sign. They have no reason to trade him for the next 3 yrs.

They do if he is letting people know that he isn't happy...I mean, he mentions it once and the franchise is in an uproar...Don't you think other franchises look at the debacle in ORL and want to avoid that if they can...especially if there is a deal on the table that is somewhat appealing to them?

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 02:12:51 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Kevin Mchale is not the Minny GM so I am pessimistic about this happening.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 02:15:20 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

BOS gets:
KLove
Derrick Williams
Ridnour

MIN gets:
Jeff Green
Courtney Lee
Brandon Bass
Jared Sullinger
2 first round picks
cash

I don't agree. I think we are finding in the current NBA climate that some players can instigate trades that might not have otherwise happened. And the best players (all star players) on each team are not necessarily involved. Think about CP3, Deron Williams, Melo, and DHoward - all top tier players acquired for arguably smaller packages than the ones mentioned here for KLove...

Thank you for saying what I was trying to say, but in a much clearer way. TP.

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 03:30:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Love has years left on his contract -- and zero leverage. Also, I find the idea that he'll force a trade to Boston humorous (also, expect half a dozen of teams to be able to put better packaged than anything headlined by Jeff Green -- which is the main reason why you can't get Love for spare parts).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 04:01:26 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Call me crazy, but if Danny offers a package of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger and Melo (plus a couple future picks) for Love, Rubio and maybe Ridnour, Minny MIGHT consider it.

Again, key word is MIGHT. As for the Celtics side, I know we all love Rondo, but that's something I would have to say yes to.

Regardless, I am sure all this talk is just a pipe dream.
Merry Christmas!