Author Topic: Fab Melo tonight  (Read 6716 times)

Re: Fab Melo tonight
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 01:18:43 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Here's a cut and paste from the other silly Fab Melo thread:

"He hasn't played anywhere near that well so far.  He's been like the 10th best player on that D-League roster.  They have like 5 guys averaging 20 points.  Lol.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/maine/statistics/

Before anyone gets too excitable, it should be pointed out that Melo is merely averaging 7 points, 5 rebounds and 2 blocks in a children's league.  There's about 90 players outperforming him in that league so far."

Ok contrarian we get it. 14 blocks is 14 blocks. you know how many Sullinger has for the year? 13. What about Wilcox? 9

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 07:26:08 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
14 blocks!?

I really think we should call him up now. Like i said, he might miss some rotations here and there but at worst HE WILL SWAT THE BALL.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 09:11:29 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Yup, I think it might be close to time to see some Fab down in Boston.

Certainly couldn't hurt.
Actually, yeah, it could. Confidence is a huge part of this game and if suddenly he is getting lost and dominated and then finds himself back in the D-League, it could shatter whatever education and confidence he his had instilled within him and set him back, possibly forever.

Let's just be patient, let him learn the game in the D-League, let him have his ups and downs there while he learns and gets tons of playing time, and bring him up when he is consistently performing at a high level with an excellent understanding of the game and when his skills have been refined some.

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 09:41:47 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Fab has the gifts , he just needs to learn how to use them and hone them into NBA level.  The guy is very quick side to side movement, you think he can't get to where he needs to be , then he extends his long frame and BAM! , he is on his man so fast.

Sully has be playing BB since he could walk and trained by a father who is a excellent coach.  Fab is LEARNING a new sport !!! Thats amazing... he was a scoccer player.

He probally realizes his team is in trouble, so thats added pressure. Maybe thats good ,  he redoubles his effort to learn and practice.

Any rate, he'll be beating up on teams more and more as he deveoples his game. 

IMO ...I would leave him in MAine till playoffs as bench help.  He should be better than Hollins or Collins by then .

Trading Fab would be BAD MOJO....5 years down the road  we would regret having him come to town.

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 09:49:57 AM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
Fab has the gifts , he just needs to learn how to use them and hone them into NBA level.  The guy is very quick side to side movement, you think he can't get to where he needs to be , then he extends his long frame and BAM! , he is on his man so fast.

Sully has be playing BB since he could walk and trained by a father who is a excellent coach.  Fab is LEARNING a new sport !!! Thats amazing... he was a scoccer player.

He probally realizes his team is in trouble, so thats added pressure. Maybe thats good ,  he redoubles his effort to learn and practice.

Any rate, he'll be beating up on teams more and more as he deveoples his game. 

IMO ...I would leave him in MAine till playoffs as bench help.  He should be better than Hollins or Collins by then .

Trading Fab would be BAD MOJO....5 years down the road  we would regret having him come to town.

Agreed. Good Post.

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
His trade value just went up a bit? lol.

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 10:53:13 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
With Avery coming back, now is the time to throw melo in there for 10-15 mins a game. Avery locks down opposing ball handlers which would help cover up for our big men being slow to rotate and on pick and roll situations . Let Melo be our rim protector while KG is free to roam on defense at the PF spot .

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Here yall go!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0aPhku-v_0&feature=youtu.be&a

His last couple of swats was very impressive!
Personally my favorites is 1:55 and 2:16.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 11:20:06 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Here yall go!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0aPhku-v_0&feature=youtu.be&a

His last couple of swats was very impressive!
Personally my favorites is 1:55 and 2:16.

thanks for the video, TP

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 11:34:25 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Okay, is it possible to block 14 shots (*cough* 15) while altering like another 50? I swear, it seemed like Melo altered at least one shot every other time down. That man was everywhere!

If he wasn't in HOGLeague he would had about 25pts too b/c he was WIDE open a lot but they RARELY passed to him. He would have had 40pts playing with RR b/c he was out there rolling them to death but never got the ball from those chuckers! He didn't force any shots, the ones he did miss were too hard off the glass but that hook is looking like found money! I found myself begging them to get him the ball, I know it's easier to see open guys when you're not in the game but FAB was wide open so often that Stevie Wonder couldn't miss him! Stupid DLeague guards just chucking away all the time! Fab is being hurt offensively by them (heck, defensively too as when he helps off they act like they don't know to check his man... guy can only do so much)! I don't hate DLeague but I surely can do without these coaches acting like they can't reign these guards in, I mean why LET them keep tossing junk up when you got a big (who is having the best game of his life), rolling WIDE open to the hoop???

His rebounding tonight was spot on and he boxed out pretty good too... he even got his hands on quite a few tips that just didn't go our way.

His stat line tells of a great game but if you actually focus on Melo, it was even better than those stats say, as hard as that is to believe!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
14 Blocks, wow, along with points and rebounds, that is good, I don't care if it is D-League, college, or even high school, that is an impressive stat line.

Clearly Fab is improving in leaps and (re)bounds.

I still suspect the D-League is the right place for him even though doing this stat line once does mean something.

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 11:39:48 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Certainly couldn't hurt.
Actually, yeah, it could. Confidence is a huge part of this game and if suddenly he is getting lost and dominated and then finds himself back in the D-League, it could shatter whatever education and confidence he his had instilled within him and set him back, possibly forever.

Let's just be patient, let him learn the game in the D-League, let him have his ups and downs there while he learns and gets tons of playing time, and bring him up when he is consistently performing at a high level with an excellent understanding of the game and when his skills have been refined some.

ty nick, hes still sooo raw

good news he long, have size and its ours for the future.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Certainly couldn't hurt.

ty nick, hes still sooo raw

good news he long, have size and its ours for the future.

Or until we trade him.

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
That video clip up above isn't very persuasive. Fab Melo looks out of control on many of those defensive possessions. He just playing against lousy competition so he is getting with it because he is bigger and more athletic than everyone.

I still think the D-League is the wrong place for a big man like Fab Melo. Learning things that won't work at an NBA level. Building bad habits.

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 12:10:43 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Say he can do a 3rd of that in the NBA, that's worth some playing time for the Celts
DKC Suns