Author Topic: Fisher waived by the Mavs  (Read 2074 times)

Re: Fisher waived by the Mavs
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 12:59:21 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Fisher is nothing more than a three point shooter.  He made only 30% of his two point shots for the Mavs, who signed and started him to get some veteran play out of the PG position. 

Dallas was 5-4 with Fish starting and 7-11 without him.  Even though I despise Fisher for the dishonest way he plays basketball, I've got to give him some credit for stabilizing the Mavs. 

Usually when he wants out of a situation that doesn't fit his liking, he uses the family card.   Back to LA< if the Lakers want another defensive liability to pair with Nash. 

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 02:34:15 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jared Sullinger
  • Tommy Points: 28
No thanks to Fisher.  He's a good guy but he's done.  If thats true, thats the second team he signed with and then decided he didn't like the location.
I don't think "not liking the location" and "there's no doctors in this state that can save my daughter's life" are exactly the same.

I really do like the guy but I don't want to see him in green.

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
No thanks to Fisher.  He's a good guy but he's done.  If thats true, thats the second team he signed with and then decided he didn't like the location.
I don't think "not liking the location" and "there's no doctors in this state that can save my daughter's life" are exactly the same.

I really do like the guy but I don't want to see him in green.

That whole thing with his daughter's illness was just a way for Fisher to get his way out of Utah and back to LA. Fisher is a slimy opportunist off the court and a cheating flopper on it.  I hope no team gives him another shot to flop and complain his way through any more NBA games.   

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 03:22:26 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
we have too many guards, we need bigs

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 04:35:35 PM »

Offline wahz

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 98
Id pick up Fisher and then slip him some poison after about a week.

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »

Offline relja

• Jared Sullinger
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • srbi ludaci sveta prvaci
If this was '07, I'd have no problem with it. But now - no.
I don't know about his daughter, but I remember she had a tumor removed about 5-6 years ago, correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think the problem with him is he doesn't like being a players who playes the first 10 mins of a game and then sits the other 38 minutes watching Collison play.

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 934
If this was '07, I'd have no problem with it. But now - no.
I don't know about his daughter, but I remember she had a tumor removed about 5-6 years ago, correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think the problem with him is he doesn't like being a players who playes the first 10 mins of a game and then sits the other 38 minutes watching Collison play.

I think he also ditched the Mavs gracefully because he knows they aren't contenders this year.

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 275
I wonder how much credibility the players think they have when the president of the player's association bails on contract after contract?

I don't get where people see Fisher as a good guy.  He's a cheapshot artist on the court and a jerk who bails on his team when they're not contenders.

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 537
no thanks  ;D

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog