Author Topic: Fisher waived by the Mavs  (Read 4712 times)

Re: Fisher waived by the Mavs
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 12:59:21 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Fisher is nothing more than a three point shooter.  He made only 30% of his two point shots for the Mavs, who signed and started him to get some veteran play out of the PG position. 

Dallas was 5-4 with Fish starting and 7-11 without him.  Even though I despise Fisher for the dishonest way he plays basketball, I've got to give him some credit for stabilizing the Mavs. 

Usually when he wants out of a situation that doesn't fit his liking, he uses the family card.   Back to LA< if the Lakers want another defensive liability to pair with Nash. 

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 02:34:15 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
No thanks to Fisher.  He's a good guy but he's done.  If thats true, thats the second team he signed with and then decided he didn't like the location.
I don't think "not liking the location" and "there's no doctors in this state that can save my daughter's life" are exactly the same.

I really do like the guy but I don't want to see him in green.

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
No thanks to Fisher.  He's a good guy but he's done.  If thats true, thats the second team he signed with and then decided he didn't like the location.
I don't think "not liking the location" and "there's no doctors in this state that can save my daughter's life" are exactly the same.

I really do like the guy but I don't want to see him in green.

That whole thing with his daughter's illness was just a way for Fisher to get his way out of Utah and back to LA. Fisher is a slimy opportunist off the court and a cheating flopper on it.  I hope no team gives him another shot to flop and complain his way through any more NBA games.   

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 03:22:26 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
we have too many guards, we need bigs

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 04:35:35 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Id pick up Fisher and then slip him some poison after about a week.

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
If this was '07, I'd have no problem with it. But now - no.
I don't know about his daughter, but I remember she had a tumor removed about 5-6 years ago, correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think the problem with him is he doesn't like being a players who playes the first 10 mins of a game and then sits the other 38 minutes watching Collison play.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
If this was '07, I'd have no problem with it. But now - no.
I don't know about his daughter, but I remember she had a tumor removed about 5-6 years ago, correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think the problem with him is he doesn't like being a players who playes the first 10 mins of a game and then sits the other 38 minutes watching Collison play.

I think he also ditched the Mavs gracefully because he knows they aren't contenders this year.

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I wonder how much credibility the players think they have when the president of the player's association bails on contract after contract?

I don't get where people see Fisher as a good guy.  He's a cheapshot artist on the court and a jerk who bails on his team when they're not contenders.

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
no thanks  ;D