Author Topic: Fisher waived by the Mavs  (Read 4715 times)

Fisher waived by the Mavs
« on: December 22, 2012, 08:15:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-derek-fisher-waived-mavericks-20121222,0,6548960.story

Sounds like he asked to be let out, supposedly to spend more time near his family. Think we can convince him to sign here? I have a feeling he politely asked to leave the Mavs because they are not contenders this year, although the same could be said for us i guess.

Chris Douglas-Roberts is being called up to take his place. I'm a bit shocked that Collison and Beaubois haven't been enough to man the PG spot in Dallas.

Re: Fisher waived by the Mavs
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 08:18:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Last time I checked, he had an injury that was causing him to miss multiple games. Also, we don't need him. If you thought Jason Terry was not sufficiently capable as backup PG, you're not going to like Fisher.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 08:24:58 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
No thanks to Fisher.  He's a good guy but he's done.  If thats true, thats the second team he signed with and then decided he didn't like the location.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 08:26:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Last time I checked, he had an injury that was causing him to miss multiple games. Also, we don't need him. If you thought Jason Terry was not sufficiently capable as backup PG, you're not going to like Fisher.

co-signed.

He brings nothing to the table.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 08:28:09 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

co-signed.

If he brings nothing to the table, how did he start on a team with Darren Collison and Rodrigue Beaubois?

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 08:29:14 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

co-signed.

If he brings nothing to the table, how did he start on a team with Darren Collison and Rodrigue Beaubois?
He sucked less than them?

In all seriousness though, Beaubois is not that good and not really a PG either. And Collison ended up playing 30 mpg either way.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 08:36:09 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

co-signed.

In all seriousness though, Beaubois is not that good and not really a PG either. And Collison ended up playing 30 mpg either way.

I guess. I always thought of Beaubois as much better than that, but he seems to be in Carlisle's doghouse big time.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 08:39:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

co-signed.

I guess. I always thought of Beaubois as much better than that, but he seems to be in Carlisle's doghouse big time.
He showed some promise when he entered the league, but I think he has plateaued at a level that's not exactly great.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 08:49:40 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Rondo Pg backup...for SHORT MONEY..!!! He is good and can move the ball, shoots well....good decision making, think BACKUP.....i hate to say it...but injuries do happen, and rondo NEVER gets the call, but gets HIT and whacked EVERYTIME......( refs).

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 08:54:07 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Fish was a great point guard in the triangle offense five years ago.

You know, when he didn't really have to play like a point guard.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 08:55:23 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

co-signed.

He showed some promise when he entered the league, but I think he has plateaued at a level that's not exactly great.
There's only one French Jordan.

Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 09:41:08 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
WHO runs the floor when rondo is out......exactly my point...!

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 10:45:56 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
He's a good role player and he's headed back to LA. Bank it. Stern isn't ready to hand the keys to OKC.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 10:46:10 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Derek Fisher ain't our guy. I'd rather have Johnny Flynn.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 12:13:03 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Weird. Went from being on the couch... To starting for the Mavs... To asking for an out? Strange.