Author Topic: Demarcus Cousins Suspended Indefinently should we take a chance?  (Read 22739 times)

Re: Demarcus Cousins Suspended Indefinently should we take a chance?
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2012, 08:39:24 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I honestly think demarcus cousins is the best center in the game.

Talent wise perhaps he has the potential to be. Right now he just isnt though.

His FG% is horrible for a center. He lacks any effort or discipline unless he has the ball, and he cant even be bothered putting his hands up on defense. Horrible attitude.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2012, 09:20:23 PM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
1.  the kings front office is a wreck.
2.  the kings this year are a wreck.
3.  demarcus cousins over time has been a handful. kings suspending him indefinitely signal their growing lack of patience.
4.  cousins trade value is as low as it's ever been.
5.  danny's on the phone, even just to check it out.
6.  compared to varejao, cousins' trade value is a lot less.
7.  he's EXACTLY the kind of guy danny has historically taken a chance on. high talent hasn't put it all together.
8.  bradley will eventually get traded as im sure danny's worried about his shoulders over the long term. other teams would take the chance on him no doubt.
9.  if danny were to trade for cousins, it would probably have to include bradley.
10. kings arent interested in sullinger as they have a PF of their own in thomas robinson.
11.  if there we a trade it would include sacramento giving up jimmer fredette in a package with cousins, because fredette has been a disappointment in sacramento.
12.  the kings arent a very smart franchise, therefore they trade with an emphasis on position rather than talent. and quantity rather than quality.
13.  so they want a center:  fab melo. they want an ounce of talent: avery bradley.
14.  they are a business and they want a new face of the franchise: avery is that guy, but also they want an established player who is relatively young. now i personally would turn this part of the deal down, but the kings arent very smart, and danny is a master salesman - he talks to them about inconsistency - and they take the gamble on jeff green.
15: danny gives them quantity rather than quality so he throws in brandon bass. thus giving the kings a whole new makeover (at least superficially).
16.  danny like defense so he takes chuck hayes, danny likes tyreke evans, so he takes him too, but throws in a basically unprotected draft pick.

FINAL TRADE: (which i wouldnt do if i were the kings, but the kings would do because they are the kings, and basically dont know how to run a team):

BOSTON GIVES:
Avery Bradley
Jeff Green
Brandon Bass
Fab Melo
1st round draft pick

SACRAMENTO GIVES:
Chuck Hayes
Jimmer Fredette
Tyreke Evans
Demarcus Cousins

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
To all who say Cousins' minor incidents mean he's being shopped: Rondo's had plenty minor incidents.  Does that mean he's being shopped?
Remind me, when was the last time the Celtics suspended Rondo indefinitely for "unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental"?

Yes, comparing DMC's behaviour to anything Rondo has done in the past is disproportionate.

The third-year big man had a verbal altercation with coach Keith Smart during halftime of the Kings' loss at the Clippers on Friday and was left in the locker room for the entire second half as a result. Two people with knowledge of the incident told USA TODAY Sports that nothing of a physical nature occurred between Cousins and his coach and that the yelling went back and forth between both men. Cousins, according to one of the people, used extensive profanity while sharing his latest frustrations. The people spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

Source: www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/kings/2012/12/22/sacramento-kings-suspend-demarcus-cousins-indefinitely/1786651/

DMC would benefit greatly from being KG's understudy. I dare say Doc has the people skills to manage him better than anyone on the Kings' staff. Personally, I think he is just frustrated at being on a losing team. Sactown youngblood Thomas Robinson might also qualify as the frontcourt badass the Cs are looking for.

« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2012, 09:48:52 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yes!

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I  would go after him .  But, not at the expense of losing the KIDS...Sully ,FAB and AB. 

Dump Green , Lee, Bass, JET, Collins, Barbosa , maybe KJ.

or Trade ROndo for Cousins.

COusins is more valuable than Rondo.  We still have AB and can get another guard....without a lottery pick, the Celtics willnever get a BIG of COusins talent.

« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2012, 09:53:16 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Rondo is "immature" but we want cousins? no thanks don't want to be the kings east

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2012, 09:55:48 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
I  would go after him .  But, not at the expense of losing the KIDS...Sully ,FAB and AB. 

Dump Green , Lee, Bass, JET, Collins, Barbosa , maybe KJ.

or Trade ROndo for Cousins.

COusins is more valuable than Rondo.  We still have AB and can get another guard....without a lottery pick, the Celtics willnever get a BIG of COusins talent.

wow yeah I'm just about done with this forum...don't give up sully or fab but give up rondo for a guy who's been nothing but a headache bum in the league! my God. most absurd thing I've ever read. Rondo is a rising superstar, one of the best guards in the league, a playoff stud...and cousins can't improve the worst team In the league and his own team suspends him...that and fab and sully are extremely expendable compared to rondo

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2012, 09:57:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

I think his potiental is lights out ... he can run circles around Howard , if he can be made to harness his energy.

He has unlimited energy,  he is hungry to ply well. the fight is in him and is alot like a younger KG. ... just out of control.

He is a franchise player for the Celtics, somebody to replace KG ... he would be the CELTICS lottery pick. STEAL of the DECADE

Thrown in with KG , PP and AB or Rondo ... this would be the inside game, tuffness, missed when Shaq and Perk left.

GO DANNY GO!!!

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2012, 10:01:27 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

I think his potiental is lights out ... he can run circles around Howard , if he can be made to harness his energy.

He has unlimited energy,  he is hungry to ply well. the fight is in him and is alot like a younger KG. ... just out of control.

He is a franchise player for the Celtics, somebody to replace KG ... he would be the CELTICS lottery pick. STEAL of the DECADE

Thrown in with KG , PP and AB or Rondo ... this would be the inside game, tuffness, missed when Shaq and Perk left.

GO DANNY GO!!!
lol he's the biggest malcontent I've ever seen and not a winner. spare me.

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2012, 10:10:41 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Out of all the players supposedly on the trade block, I think DMC is the most attainable and I think he would fill the Celtics biggest need for the short term AND long term

Because the Kings aren't going to be relevant anytime soon and seem fed up with Cousins, I think Danny can swoop in pry him away.

I do think you would have to include Bradley in a deal, BUT so be it. I think Rondo and Cousins would be dynamic in the fast break. PLUS, I think the Celtics could use a player with some attitude and he brings that.

I would be all for Cousins in Celtic green.

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2012, 10:12:57 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
[/quote]

Honestly, being a malcontent is meaningless to me as long as the player can help the Celtics win. Wasn't DJ considered a "malcontent" before the Celts traded for him back in the 80s? I'd say that worked out fairly well.

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2012, 10:13:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Have you ever watched him play  ::)?  He guy can flat play , and he is type of bargain DA would risk.

Celtics won't have many chances for a talent this good.  You gotta be kiddin if you think this guy can't ball/

GO DANNY GO!!!

« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2012, 10:14:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

GO DANNY GO!!!

Have you ever watched him play  ::)?  He guy can flat play , and he is type of bargain DA would risk.

Celtics won't have many chances for a talent this good.  You gotta be kiddin if you think this guy can't ball/

« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2012, 11:31:47 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Quick Fab Melo just went off, strike while the time is right.

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2012, 12:08:04 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Boston sends: Green, Lee, Sullinger, Melo, pick
Sacramento sends: Cousins, Evans, Salmons

Would SAC do it?