1. the kings front office is a wreck.
2. the kings this year are a wreck.
3. demarcus cousins over time has been a handful. kings suspending him indefinitely signal their growing lack of patience.
4. cousins trade value is as low as it's ever been.
5. danny's on the phone, even just to check it out.
6. compared to varejao, cousins' trade value is a lot less.
7. he's EXACTLY the kind of guy danny has historically taken a chance on. high talent hasn't put it all together.
8. bradley will eventually get traded as im sure danny's worried about his shoulders over the long term. other teams would take the chance on him no doubt.
9. if danny were to trade for cousins, it would probably have to include bradley.
10. kings arent interested in sullinger as they have a PF of their own in thomas robinson.
11. if there we a trade it would include sacramento giving up jimmer fredette in a package with cousins, because fredette has been a disappointment in sacramento.
12. the kings arent a very smart franchise, therefore they trade with an emphasis on position rather than talent. and quantity rather than quality.
13. so they want a center: fab melo. they want an ounce of talent: avery bradley.
14. they are a business and they want a new face of the franchise: avery is that guy, but also they want an established player who is relatively young. now i personally would turn this part of the deal down, but the kings arent very smart, and danny is a master salesman - he talks to them about inconsistency - and they take the gamble on jeff green.
15: danny gives them quantity rather than quality so he throws in brandon bass. thus giving the kings a whole new makeover (at least superficially).
16. danny like defense so he takes chuck hayes, danny likes tyreke evans, so he takes him too, but throws in a basically unprotected draft pick.
FINAL TRADE: (which i wouldnt do if i were the kings, but the kings would do because they are the kings, and basically dont know how to run a team):
1st round draft pick