Author Topic: Demarcus Cousins Suspended Indefinently should we take a chance?  (Read 22737 times)

Re: Demarcus Cousins Suspended Indefinently should we take a chance?
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2012, 05:58:26 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
I am sure the celtics will call the kings to see what it would take to land cousins
When we get closer to jan 15 theres going to be alot of trade rumors around that time

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2012, 06:12:32 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
If the Lakers can get Howard for nothing, why can't the Celts do the same to get Cousins?  ;D

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2012, 06:30:37 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
If the Lakers can get Howard for nothing, why can't the Celts do the same to get Cousins?  ;D

Andrew Bynum is nothing?

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2012, 06:52:16 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122

Andrew Bynum is nothing?
a injured Andrew Bynum who aint play a game yet aka damaged goods. also look at wat Orlando got in return lol

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2012, 06:54:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Andrew Bynum is nothing?
a injured Andrew Bynum who aint play a game yet aka damaged goods. also look at wat Orlando got in return lol

yea, Andrew Bynum in essence is nothing now that the truth about his knees is out

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2012, 07:09:23 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

Andrew Bynum is nothing?

yea, Andrew Bynum in essence is nothing now that the truth about his knees is out

I don't know if that theory works. The point is at the time of the trade the 76ers thought they were getting something. It was a risk yes, but still.

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
To all who say Cousins' minor incidents mean he's being shopped: Rondo's had plenty minor incidents.  Does that mean he's being shopped?

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2012, 07:32:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
To all who say Cousins' minor incidents mean he's being shopped: Rondo's had plenty minor incidents.  Does that mean he's being shopped?
Remind me, when was the last time the Celtics suspended Rondo indefinitely for "unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental"?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2012, 07:35:38 PM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Doubt they are willing to move him....despite the problems they are having with him, he is a very talented big, and not too many of those around.

If they were entertaining offers, we'd probably have to give up Rondo, as there would be numerous offers,  and a collection of medicre talent from us ala Green, Bass, etc wouldn't get it done IMO.   And I'm not sure we'd do that....

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2012, 08:08:36 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

We know there were times when Rondo was actively shopped.

I say Danny would and should take the risk with Cousins if he can hang onto Rondo and Bradley.

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2012, 08:15:55 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
Remind me, when was the last time the Celtics suspended Rondo indefinitely for "unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental"?

I'm not saying Cousins and Rondo have the same issues, but I don't think Cousins is being shopped because of his actions.  I think he is being suspended for an unknown amount of time because he's acting like a baby.  No need to look further into it.  Sacramento isn't giving up on a guy with potential to be the best big in the game.

« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2012, 08:19:35 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
As someone pointed out, the Celtics did shop Rondo for the right deal. Except we can't offer a right deal for Cousins, so it's not going to happen, in all likelihood.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2012, 08:26:02 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
As someone pointed out, the Celtics did shop Rondo for the right deal. Except we can't offer a right deal for Cousins, so it's not going to happen, in all likelihood.

I agree with this.  I'm pretty sure Danny said something like, "Right now, we're keeping our options open." That was last year, around February and early March, when we weren't that great.  Rondo was on the block, but we weren't looking to dump him by any means.

There is no report that Sacramento is looking to trade Cousins; it's all speculation because he was suspended.  I don't really want Cousins here.  I don't believe the whole "better environment" argument.  It's a shame that a guy with so much talent could be so immature.

« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2012, 08:30:50 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Per Sam Amick

The odds of the latest incident inspiring the Kings to trade Cousins are likely slim, as he is considered the centerpiece of their prolonged rebuilding effort. But a person with knowledge of the Kings' plans said "he's not untouchable," in large part because the 8-18 team is struggling so mightily and all options appear to be under consideration.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/kings/2012/12/22/sacramento-kings-suspend-demarcus-cousins-indefinitely/1786651/

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2012, 08:38:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Per Sam Amick

The odds of the latest incident inspiring the Kings to trade Cousins are likely slim, as he is considered the centerpiece of their prolonged rebuilding effort. But a person with knowledge of the Kings' plans said "he's not untouchable," in large part because the 8-18 team is struggling so mightily and all options appear to be under consideration.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/kings/2012/12/22/sacramento-kings-suspend-demarcus-cousins-indefinitely/1786651/
I doubt a package of Green and Sullinger will be enough. But they may be looking to shed the contracts of Salmons and Outlaw, so I guess it's not impossible to entice them.