Author Topic: Demarcus Cousins Suspended Indefinently should we take a chance?  (Read 22734 times)

Re: Demarcus Cousins Suspended Indefinently should we take a chance?
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2012, 12:14:27 AM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Boston sends: Green, Lee, Sullinger, Melo, pick
Sacramento sends: Cousins, Evans, Salmons

Would SAC do it?

Never, including Evans in the deal is just silly. Take out Lee and Evans and I feel like we would be getting close. That is of course if Green improves his play and Fab Melo also keeps having great games in the D-league.

« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2012, 12:26:16 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Lee Bass Melo 2013 first round and maybe even throw in a 2014+ 2nd round we are owed(pretty sure we are owed one by someone arent we?)

BOS get run DMC Salmons (/other bad contract)

Bos then have a future of Rondo Bradley Green DMC Sully.....

« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2012, 12:40:50 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Seems like Who was on the money with only a couple day suspension. This is the latest update on Rotowire.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1715/demarcus-cousins

« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2012, 12:49:18 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I would be all for it. I feel like KG could get to this kid say listen be intense as you want on the floor and make sure everyone knows it but you need to keep your head on straight outside of the game. He would be an amazing pickup right now if Boston could get thier hands on him.

« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2012, 12:57:14 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
In the past I would've been against bringing him in, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2012, 02:03:39 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
If we can keep PP/KG/RR/AB and get Cousins we should do it. I'd love to trade Evans too but it seems like blatant homerism to think we could net Cousins AND Evans for none of our great players.

...but if Danny can do it :)

« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2012, 02:05:34 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
lol he's the biggest malcontent I've ever seen and not a winner. spare me.

Honestly, being a malcontent is meaningless to me as long as the player can help the Celtics win. Wasn't DJ considered a "malcontent" before the Celts traded for him back in the 80s? I'd say that worked out fairly well.
[/quote]

This.

Yes DJ was called a "cancer" by his former Sonics coach, can't remember who.  If we could possibly get him....then get him if it doesn't involve Rondo (but it would probably have to, at which point we'd really need to assess all the other parts of the deal). 

« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2012, 12:40:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Dennis won a ring there and was a key part to them winning in 79.  You do know he came here with some hardware.

Johnson and the Sonics got their revenge in the 1978–79 season. After clinching the Pacific Division with a 52–30 record,[9] the team met the Bullets again in the 1979 NBA Finals. After losing Game 1, the Sonics won the next four games to take the finals series, helped by Johnson, who averaged almost 23 points along with six rebounds and assists per game.[13] He scored 32 points in a Game 4 overtime victory, and was named NBA Finals MVP.[1] It was during this season that Johnson established himself as one of the best guards in the league; he averaged 15.9 points and 3.5 assists per game, and made his first All-Defensive First Team and All-Star Game appearance.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Johnson

I think Dennis was the fall guy in Seattle.

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2012, 01:19:02 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I'm going to have to defend Cousins here.  Keith Smart's coaching this year has been disastrous for the Kings. The problem with DMC being the guy to stand up to this inferior coach is that Cousins has no credibility because of his apst troubles. 

I don't see the Kings trading Cousins for a pu pu platter of middling rotation guys like Green, Lee and Bass.  Their roster is filled with guys like that already. They'd probably want younger guys with big upside like Favors or something like Ed Davis and Jonas Valanciunas from Toronto.

Every GM in the league knows that DCM has top of the league talent at his position.  Someone will be willing to gamble some assets to see if he can do a Zach Randolph and turn things around for his next team.

If Rondo isn't on the table, (and I hope he isn't), I don't see the Cs having the top level young assets to entice Petrie.     

« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2012, 01:27:41 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Two first rounders along with Green and Melo or Sully maybe. I don't think we have enough pieces but if we include multiple picks maybe it'll work?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I seriously doubt Cousins gets traded.  He should, but won't.  Usually teams wait too long, hoping the player "gets it".  By then the trade value is completely gone.

As it stands now, only a fool for a GM would give up supreme young talent to acquire Cousins.  If the deal doesn't' pan out, you're fired.

Bradley, Sullinger, Melo might be one of the better offers they get.

« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2012, 01:23:14 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
After some thought and reflection I decided that I'd move Bradley to bring in Cousins. Centers are just too rare in this league to not chance getting a top flight one.

I think if SAC is willing to consider Green/Bass/AB/1st for Cousins/Salmons/Thompson then we should do the deal. That gives them two young guys to build around, Bass and a future pick for a knucklehead and a good bench big and a bad contract.

« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2012, 01:32:35 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Throw me in the camp that believes its more than a bad situation kind of thing with Cousins. Dude's just a flat out loose cannon and he'd probably turn KG's skin inside out if he had to spend any amount of time around this nut.

« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2012, 06:51:33 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
The reason you don't trade for Cousins is that you'd have to gut our roster of all its valuable youth and trade pieces for a guy who might submarine your entire franchise.

You don't take risks like that unless you are DESPERATE for fans and attention.  The Celtics do not fall into that category.

« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2012, 09:20:15 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
The reason you don't trade for Cousins is that you'd have to gut our roster of all its valuable youth and trade pieces for a guy who might submarine your entire franchise.

You don't take risks like that unless you are DESPERATE for fans and attention.  The Celtics do not fall into that category.

Those "assets" can be easily replaced by future draft picks in the 20-25 range.  Cousins wouldn't be the first NBA player who benefited from a change of scenery.  I find it unlikely that he would submarine the entire Celtics franchise,  at least in the period of time where Kevin Garnett is still breathing. If he didn't work out here, he could then be moved for some more of those same middling assets that brought him here.