Author Topic: Demarcus Cousins Suspended Indefinently should we take a chance?  (Read 22743 times)

Re: Demarcus Cousins Suspended Indefinently should we take a chance?
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2012, 05:39:47 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but:

Green/Sully/Melo for Cousins/salmons may provide a framework for both sides.

I would think they hold out for Bradley in the deal. Cousins is an elite talent.

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2012, 05:40:17 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't know why people equate a minor suspension with a team trying to move a player.

It makes no sense to me. It's a little tiny largely insignificant incident ... and this is supposedly going to push the team into dumping one of the best big man prospects in the league? Come on now.

It's not happening.

Being suspended indefinitely is not a small incident.

It's only indefinite because they haven't decided how long to suspend him yet. He'll be back in a few days.

It's not serious.

And you KNOW this inside information how?

Because it is a minor incident.
5 small incidents are equivalent to one major problem.

No, it doesn't. 5 minor incidents are 5 minor incidents.

This won't be the last one of these incidents either. Nowhere close. There will be plenty more to come. Sacramento know this. All this is is a teaching moment. You don't take a character like Cousins and change him overnight. It takes a very long time. This is a long term process that will have plenty of "one step back, two step forwards" "two steps back, three steps forward" kind of moments. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. Over and over.

And even after the most difficult part of this process ends (well if) and Cousins gets his emotions under better control, there still be the occasional blip now and then for the remainder of his career. It's who he is. They'll just be fewer and further between.

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2012, 05:40:44 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Maybe this can be Boston's one sided ridiculous trade that we have been so accustomed to in the NBA. C'mon Geoff, hit the panic button.

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I want Cousins so bad. Melo, Bradley and a 1st
rofl dat wont get it done at all

It's not like we have a lot to offer and I'm not trading Rondo for him.

you gotta give to get, LOL

So why even have the discussion then? I hope no one would give up Rondo for Cousins.

We have plenty of other things to offer instead of Rondo, like some of the other posters have said here. Start with Bradley and add something more than a D-league player.

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2012, 05:43:08 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Maybe this can be Boston's one sided ridiculous trade that we have been so accustomed to in the NBA. C'mon Geoff, hit the panic button.

LOL, yea if Danny pulls this off without giving up Bradley, Rondo, KG, or Pierce, I'll start building Danny's statue outside the garden myself.

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2012, 05:43:15 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I don't know why people equate a minor suspension with a team trying to move a player.

It makes no sense to me. It's a little tiny largely insignificant incident ... and this is supposedly going to push the team into dumping one of the best big man prospects in the league? Come on now.

It's not happening.

It's only indefinite because they haven't decided how long to suspend him yet. He'll be back in a few days.

It's not serious.

And you know the extent of the incident how?

The reports said what it was - a verbal argument between Cousins and his coach during halftime after being criticized.

Cousins has quickly come out and apologized for his actions. Admitted his wrong doings. Said he should have accepted what was said against him and kept his mouth shut.

Exactly the reaction the team wanted from him. This is all but over already.

All this is is a teaching incident. An opportunity for Sacramento to continue to shape and mold Cousins' temperament and discipline. Nothing more, nothing less.

To my knowledge you got the order of events wrong. From what i saw he apologized FIRST then they suspended him AFTER. To me that makes a difference because although he did the right thing in apologizing, the team was clearly having none of it. To me that says they are at some sort of head. If the incident was so minor and he apologized immediatley after why suspend the guy "indefinatley"?

Of course i could be wrong about the order of events as well and you could be right on, but im baseing it off reports from Rotowire and my ESPN fantasy team (which he's on).

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2012, 05:44:57 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton

It's not happening.
agree.  You'd have to offer Rondo to get the trade done anyways.

He had issues with the last coach. And they fired him. His suspensions this year include confronting Sean Avery (Spurs announcer)and low-blowing O.J. Mayo.

They seem to be at the end of the rope if you ask me. He's clearly not in a situation that beneficial to him or the team in any way. The suspension is "indefinite" as well. This after he was benched the entire second hal of last nights game and told not to even come back out on the bench.

I think it's very possible they are forced to move him.
Yep. The problem is, given all this, why would he want him? He's had problems with pretty much everyone he's worked with, so I'd hazard a guess he's the cause -- not some sort of a "situation" he's in.

I completely agree with your sentiments here Kozlo but isn't this the type of rare talent you don't pass up even with these issues?

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2012, 05:45:37 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

So why even have the discussion then? I hope no one would give up Rondo for Cousins.

We have plenty of other things to offer instead of Rondo, like some of the other posters have said here. Start with Bradley and add something more than a D-league player.

Someone actually said they would offer lee bradley sully melo and a 1st for cousins AND evans. So I guess I'm just confused how my offer was the bad one lol.

Either way I don't see any assets. Who would they really want? Green? He has no value, that'd be trading away a top talent for a horrible contract. I mean if they want him then sure, but I assumed the Kings would really laugh at Green being in the deal.

Bass? Lee? Terry? Sully? How could any of those guys get it done? lol

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2012, 05:47:22 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Players like Demarcus Cousins are probably why Doc makes rookies earn their playing time instead of just handing them playing time.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2012, 05:49:21 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Someone actually said they would offer lee bradley sully melo and a 1st for cousins AND evans. So I guess I'm just confused how my offer was the bad one lol.

Either way I don't see any assets. Who would they really want? Green? He has no value, that'd be trading away a top talent for a horrible contract. I mean if they want him then sure, but I assumed the Kings would really laugh at Green being in the deal.

Yea, no way we get both Cousins and Evans. Assuming the Kings want to move him, I can see a deal of Cousins and Salmons for Bradley, Sullinger, Green, and a future 1st with minimal protection.

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2012, 05:50:23 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

It's not happening.

It's not serious.

And you know the extent of the incident how?

The reports said what it was - a verbal argument between Cousins and his coach during halftime after being criticized.

Cousins has quickly come out and apologized for his actions. Admitted his wrong doings. Said he should have accepted what was said against him and kept his mouth shut.

Exactly the reaction the team wanted from him. This is all but over already.

All this is is a teaching incident. An opportunity for Sacramento to continue to shape and mold Cousins' temperament and discipline. Nothing more, nothing less.

To my knowledge you got the order of events wrong. From what i saw he apologized FIRST then they suspended him AFTER. To me that makes a difference because although he did the right thing in apologizing, the team was clearly having none of it. To me that says they are at some sort of head. If the incident was so minor and he apologized immediatley after why suspend the guy "indefinatley"?

Of course i could be wrong about the order of events as well and you could be right on, but im baseing it off reports from Rotowire and my ESPN fantasy team (which he's on).

I'll take your word for it.

It doesn't make a difference to me either way. Whether the apology or suspension came first. The issue is the same = that Sacramento want to change Cousins' indiscipline and are using each incident to try and mold him into a more mature player. This is just the latest (not final) moment in that process.

The Kings have gotten what they wanted here. To show Cousins there are consequences to his ill-discipline and that he needs to do better for the good of his team and for his own career.
Cousins has already recognized this, admitted and apologized for his wrong doing and that the team are in the right.

Now I believe both sides will move on from this and Cousins will be back in a few days. I guess we'll have to wait and see but this is what I fully expect to happen.

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2012, 05:52:05 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton

It's not happening.

It's not serious.

5 small incidents are equivalent to one major problem.

No, it doesn't. 5 minor incidents are 5 minor incidents.

This won't be the last one of these incidents either. Nowhere close. There will be plenty more to come. Sacramento know this. All this is is a teaching moment. You don't take a character like Cousins and change him overnight. It takes a very long time. This is a long term process that will have plenty of "one step back, two step forwards" "two steps back, three steps forward" kind of moments. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. Over and over.

And even after the most difficult part of this process ends (well if) and Cousins gets his emotions under better control, there still be the occasional blip now and then for the remainder of his career. It's who he is. They'll just be fewer and further between.

Although i agree with your opinions on how to handle these events, i think your giving far too much credit to Sacramento's front office. I mean have you been watching how they handled trying to move out of the city? Not to mention their actual player decisions. Some real head scratchers going on over there.

Your views reflect a top tier organization like Boston. They represent the bottom of the barrell in this league. They're a mess bro.

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2012, 05:52:58 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122

i think its a lot of ridiculous offers dat will get u laughed at was posted in here not just u being singled out lol

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
No question about it i would want DC on this team just a matter of what we are willing to give and what they are looking for. Somehow if we could manage to get a starting line up of

Rondo
Bradley
Pierce
KG
Cousins.....

Pick and roll offence here we come

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2012, 05:58:21 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
This is the order of events according to Rotowire. He's been up and down all season and some nights he just has seemed to take off. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1715/demarcus-cousinsoff. Like not even try. Very bizzare behavior and this has been going on all year long.