Author Topic: Demarcus Cousins Suspended Indefinently should we take a chance?  (Read 22895 times)

Re: Demarcus Cousins Suspended Indefinently should we take a chance?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2012, 05:15:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't know why people equate a minor suspension with a team trying to move a player.

It makes no sense to me. It's a little tiny largely insignificant incident ... and this is supposedly going to push the team into dumping one of the best big man prospects in the league? Come on now.

It's not happening.

Being suspended indefinitely is not a small incident.

It's only indefinite because they haven't decided how long to suspend him yet. He'll be back in a few days.

It's not serious.

And you KNOW this inside information how?

Because it is a minor incident.

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2012, 05:16:52 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I want Cousins so bad. Melo, Bradley and a 1st

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2012, 05:17:43 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He's completely off his rocker. But it sounds like they are trying to basically dump him. I question if there's a strong market for him after all these issues but i hope we at least take a shot. He would pair well with Rondo but it would take a real veteran team like the C's to reel him in.

I agree that he'd be great with Rondo but I don't see any hint of them wanting to move him.
He's their golden hope and they're hoping they get a veteran presence of some kind in a player or coach that can guide him on the Kings.

We have no chance of getting him with our pieces because they make too much money. The only Irish chance would involve taking back one of their overpaid scrubs with him and us giving them Bradley, Sully, Melo, picks and Lee.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2012, 05:17:58 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I don't know why people equate a minor suspension with a team trying to move a player.

It makes no sense to me. It's a little tiny largely insignificant incident ... and this is supposedly going to push the team into dumping one of the best big man prospects in the league? Come on now.

It's not happening.

This is the cool head. It's not a Marbury situation yet.

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2012, 05:18:16 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

It's not happening.

It's only indefinite because they haven't decided how long to suspend him yet. He'll be back in a few days.

It's not serious.

5 small incidents are equivalent to one major problem.

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2012, 05:22:27 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

It's not happening.
agree.  You'd have to offer Rondo to get the trade done anyways.

He had issues with the last coach. And they fired him. His suspensions this year include confronting Sean Avery (Spurs announcer)and low-blowing O.J. Mayo.

They seem to be at the end of the rope if you ask me. He's clearly not in a situation that beneficial to him or the team in any way. The suspension is "indefinite" as well. This after he was benched the entire second hal of last nights game and told not to even come back out on the bench.

I think it's very possible they are forced to move him.

I agree with Who, this is a minor incident that in no way signals trade. If they really did want to trade him, they wouldn't suspend him and drop his value.

In all fairness to Cousins though, after listening to Sean Elliot call the celtics-spurs game, I understand the impulse to attack him after the game.

As for the low blow, our own Ray Allen had a good one last year, and how many does Wade get away with every year?

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2012, 05:24:01 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

It's not happening.

It's not serious.

And you know the extent of the incident how?

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2012, 05:24:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

It's not happening.

He had issues with the last coach. And they fired him. His suspensions this year include confronting Sean Avery (Spurs announcer)and low-blowing O.J. Mayo.

They seem to be at the end of the rope if you ask me. He's clearly not in a situation that beneficial to him or the team in any way. The suspension is "indefinite" as well. This after he was benched the entire second hal of last nights game and told not to even come back out on the bench.

Yep. The problem is, given all this, why would he want him? He's had problems with pretty much everyone he's worked with, so I'd hazard a guess he's the cause -- not some sort of a "situation" he's in.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2012, 05:25:26 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
rofl dat wont get it done at all

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2012, 05:30:38 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

It's not happening.

It's not serious.

And you know the extent of the incident how?

The reports said what it was - a verbal argument between Cousins and his coach during halftime after being criticized.

Cousins has quickly come out and apologized for his actions. Admitted his wrong doings. Said he should have accepted what was said against him and kept his mouth shut.

Exactly the reaction the team wanted from him. This is all but over already.

All this is is a teaching incident. An opportunity for Sacramento to continue to shape and mold Cousins' temperament and discipline. Nothing more, nothing less.

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 05:31:48 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney

It's not like we have a lot to offer and I'm not trading Rondo for him.

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2012, 05:32:40 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

you gotta give to get, LOL

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2012, 05:34:40 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but:

Green/Sully/Melo for Cousins/salmons may provide a framework for both sides.

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2012, 05:35:19 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

It's not happening.

I agree with Who, this is a minor incident that in no way signals trade. If they really did want to trade him, they wouldn't suspend him and drop his value.

In all fairness to Cousins though, after listening to Sean Elliot call the celtics-spurs game, I understand the impulse to attack him after the game.

As for the low blow, our own Ray Allen had a good one last year, and how many does Wade get away with every year?

What you guys are overlooking is there has been a number of "minor incidents". After a while they start to add up.

I distinctly remember going over these same scenarios last year when Cousins was having his issues with Keith Smart. The Kings ultimatley sided with Cousins and dumped the coach. Rightfully so.

This is now his second coach he seems to be feuding with. At some point they are gonna have to put their foot down and make some rules in that locker room.

They can't seem to reach "Boogey" and i assume the know the best thing is for them to cut ties and get what they can for him. He clearly needs more of a veteran prescence around him and Boston would be perfect.

It's clear he's not a good influence in that locker room and they will have to cut ties. Get it done Danny. Silence the doubters!

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2012, 05:39:20 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney

you gotta give to get, LOL

So why even have the discussion then? I hope no one would give up Rondo for Cousins.