Author Topic: Demarcus Cousins Suspended Indefinently should we take a chance?  (Read 22888 times)

Re: Demarcus Cousins Suspended Indefinently should we take a chance?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 04:36:01 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
If he really has worn out his welcome and the Kings are willing to deal I think this trade could get it done.

Green
Sully
Melo
2013 1st

For

Cousins
Salmons

Kings get a starting sf in green and young prospects in sully and melo. They also dump salmons contract. 

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 04:38:38 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I don't know why people equate a minor suspension with a team trying to move a player.

It makes no sense to me. It's a little tiny largely insignificant incident ... and this is supposedly going to push the team into dumping one of the best big man prospects in the league? Come on now.

It's not happening.
agree.  You'd have to offer Rondo to get the trade done anyways.

He had issues with the last coach. And they fired him. His suspensions this year include confronting Sean Avery (Spurs announcer)and low-blowing O.J. Mayo.

They seem to be at the end of the rope if you ask me. He's clearly not in a situation that beneficial to him or the team in any way. The suspension is "indefinite" as well. This after he was benched the entire second hal of last nights game and told not to even come back out on the bench.

I think it's very possible they are forced to move him.

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 04:42:18 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I don't know why people equate a minor suspension with a team trying to move a player.

It makes no sense to me. It's a little tiny largely insignificant incident ... and this is supposedly going to push the team into dumping one of the best big man prospects in the league? Come on now.

It's not happening.

Being suspended indefinitely is not a small incident.

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING

It's not happening.

He had issues with the last coach. And they fired him. His suspensions this year include confronting Sean Avery (Spurs announcer)and low-blowing O.J. Mayo.

They seem to be at the end of the rope if you ask me. He's clearly not in a situation that beneficial to him or the team in any way. The suspension is "indefinite" as well. This after he was benched the entire second hal of last nights game and told not to even come back out on the bench.

I think it's very possible they are forced to move him.
You mean Sean Elliott.

And yes, Sacramento has invested so much into him already and still no results. What more can they do? Fire another coach? Cousins is a good kid, has not had any issues with the law, he just badly needs a change of scenery. Look at Javale McGee. He's playing solid ball in Denver under George Karl, away from that infectious Washington locker room. Danny please get on the phone and work something out.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 04:48:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

It's not happening.
no u wouldnt cuz Cousins is still on his rookie contract so da money doesnt match up lls
I'm not talking about salary.  I'm talking about talent.  You'd probably have to give up Rondo if you were trying to get Cousins.  Cousins is a legit center prospect.  To make salaries work you'd have to get back something else from the Kings... like a bad contract (Salmons)... or maybe you could get Cousins and Evans, but I think that's too much for the Kings to give up... and also it's silly since Boston wouldn't have a PG.

I guess if Boston was really confident Avery Bradley could play PG ... Rondo for Evans and Cousins would make some sense.

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 04:51:37 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'm sure Danny is on the phone.

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 04:59:09 PM »

Offline stb

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 120
Here's a trade that helps both teams:

Boston Trades:
Courtney Lee
Jared Sullinger
1st Round Draft Pick

Sacramento Trades:
DeMarcus Cousins
Jimmer Fredette

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 05:00:33 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Hell yes I would take the chance he's exactly what this teams lacking. Were a legit BIG away from being right there and dethroning Miami at ease
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 05:01:18 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

It's not happening.
no u wouldnt cuz Cousins is still on his rookie contract so da money doesnt match up lls
I'm not talking about salary.  I'm talking about talent.  You'd probably have to give up Rondo if you were trying to get Cousins.  Cousins is a legit center prospect.  To make salaries work you'd have to get back something else from the Kings... like a bad contract (Salmons)... or maybe you could get Cousins and Evans, but I think that's too much for the Kings to give up... and also it's silly since Boston wouldn't have a PG.

I guess if Boston was really confident Avery Bradley could play PG ... Rondo for Evans and Cousins would make some sense.

I guess it depends on how much Sac wants to trade Cousins. Rondo is one of the premiere pgs in the league. I can't imagine it would take our 'best' player to get somebody that the Kings can't wait to get rid of. I understand that it would probably take Avery and Sullinger, but I would be okay with that...

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Boston Trades:
Courtney Lee
Jared Sullinger
1st Round Draft Pick

Sacramento Trades:
DeMarcus Cousins
Jimmer Fredette

Not enough I don't think.

I'm gonna say a reasonable trade offer to the Kings would be:

Rajon Rondo for:

Cousins, Evans and Aaron Brooks. 

Even there, you might need to throw in Melo or a 1st.

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Boston Trades:
Courtney Lee
Jared Sullinger
1st Round Draft Pick

Sacramento Trades:
DeMarcus Cousins
Jimmer Fredette

Rajon Rondo for:

Well forget it if thats the case this team will go nowhere without Rondo. The key is to try have both he and Rondo as 2 legit pieces toward the future.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 05:02:55 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'd LOVE DeMarcus in Green, but no way that SAC would let him go for cheap. They'd try to take us to the cleaners, I'd bet.

They would probably listen to us, based off of what Danny would offer, but the team would probably be gutted. I don't think it's worth it.

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 05:07:41 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Boston Trades:
Courtney Lee
Jared Sullinger
1st Round Draft Pick

Sacramento Trades:
DeMarcus Cousins
Jimmer Fredette

Rajon Rondo for:

Well forget it if thats the case this team will go nowhere without Rondo. The key is to try have both he and Rondo as 2 legit pieces toward the future.
Yeah I mean... Rondo is already 27 years old.  When is our next window?... Rondo might be in his mid 30s by the time our post Big-3 rebuild finally comes to fruition.    Evans is 23 and Cousins is 22.  Maybe if they think Avery Bradley (22) can play PG and Sully (20) is a key part of the future... a Rondo for Evans and Cousins deal might make some sense "towards the future".

PG - Bradley (22)
SG - Evans (23)
PF - Sully (20)
C - Cousins (22)

They'd all be peaking 7 years when the LeBron dynasty is slowing down and the Thunder Dynasty is reaching it's apex.  Maybe in the meantime we can luck into a superstar those guys can surround.  Lol n/m... that's a horrible idea.

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

It's not happening.

It's only indefinite because they haven't decided how long to suspend him yet. He'll be back in a few days.

It's not serious.

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 05:14:12 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

It's not happening.

It's only indefinite because they haven't decided how long to suspend him yet. He'll be back in a few days.

It's not serious.

And you KNOW this inside information how?