Author Topic: Rondo thinks the team will be different with Bradley back  (Read 9919 times)

Re: Rondo thinks the team will be different with Bradley back
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2012, 03:57:59 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Wallace, who had been serving as Tyson Chandler's backup at center, has missed the past four games, during which the Knicks have gone 2-2. With Wallace out, Chandler has been playing additional minutes. Not only is Wallace out, but Marcus Camby has plantar fasciitis.

Age may be catching up with the Knicks.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8772600/new-york-knicks-list-rasheed-wallace-day-day-stress-reaction-foot-amare-stoudemire-out
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 04:04:58 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2012, 04:34:41 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
its not just that averys defense helps compensate for others mistakes...its also that it seems the team just plays harder when they see how much effort he is giving out there on defense.

for a team that seems to be turning defensive intensity on-and-off it would help seeing this kid giving 100% no matter if he is guarding jameer nelson or Dwayne wade

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8365342/2012-nba-player-rankings-101-120

Right below Nikola Pekovic and right above Shane Battier.

If/When Avery Bradley has as big of a jump this season as Nikola has so far, then watch out, NBA - BOS's coming. :)

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2012, 05:32:11 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Wallace, who had been serving as Tyson Chandler's backup at center, has missed the past four games, during which the Knicks have gone 2-2. With Wallace out, Chandler has been playing additional minutes. Not only is Wallace out, but Marcus Camby has plantar fasciitis.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8772600/new-york-knicks-list-rasheed-wallace-day-day-stress-reaction-foot-amare-stoudemire-out

I don't think the Knicks are too concerned at losing Wallace or Camby. They weren't expecting much more from those two other than to hold the fort until Amare returns, which is just about now.

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2012, 06:27:24 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Bradley may certainly help. But I don't think the pressure he puts on the opposing guards will entirely compensate for the fact that the big men cannot rotate or stop pick and rolls right now.

Our "big men" last year were Greg Stiemsma and Ryan Hollins. 

Plz.

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2012, 06:33:24 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Bradley may certainly help. But I don't think the pressure he puts on the opposing guards will entirely compensate for the fact that the big men cannot rotate or stop pick and rolls right now.

Our "big men" last year were Greg Stiemsma and Ryan Hollins. 

Plz.

lol right. I think this will be a repeat of last year when we took off in the second half.

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2012, 06:38:31 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I don't think the Knicks are too concerned at losing Wallace or Camby. They weren't expecting much more from those two other than to hold the fort until Amare returns, which is just about now.

They still got Kurt Thomas. He can hold down the fort while those get better.

Knicks should be fine.

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2012, 07:44:58 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Oh, so Rondo's actually going to try to defend when Bradley comes back?
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2012, 07:49:33 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think Bradley will start doing for the Celts what Tebow did for the Broncos last year. Suddenly the defense will start playing real well and they'll look like an actual team that can and does pull out games. Then other players will get the credit.

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Oh, so Rondo's actually going to try to defend when Bradley comes back?

No, Bradley will help cove up Rondo's defensive breakdowns.

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2012, 04:54:16 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
"We’re going to be a completely different team, just with one player coming back," said Rondo, whose frustration and desire for a change in the Celtics’ 13-13 start couldn’t be more feverish. And then there’s this corollary to the last comment: "I think (Bradley is) the X Factor. He’s going to be the key to why we win the championship. He brings a lot to the team in terms of intangibles, the way he cuts offensively. His pressure defensively is going to raise everyone else’s pressure. His defense is going to make us a lot better."

a new quote from Rondo...he's really putting alot on Bradley..hopefully he takes the pressure to heart and performs

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2012, 05:01:11 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
"We’re going to be a completely different team, just with one player coming back," said Rondo, whose frustration and desire for a change in the Celtics’ 13-13 start couldn’t be more feverish. And then there’s this corollary to the last comment: "I think (Bradley is) the X Factor. He’s going to be the key to why we win the championship. He brings a lot to the team in terms of intangibles, the way he cuts offensively. His pressure defensively is going to raise everyone else’s pressure. His defense is going to make us a lot better."

a new quote from Rondo...he's really putting alot on Bradley..hopefully he takes the pressure to heart and performs

I agree with Rajon

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2012, 05:25:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
TEbow ?

boy can ball :o

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2012, 05:27:15 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
hope he can rebound and block if thats the case
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2012, 06:07:13 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

Rondo is putting way too much pressure on Bradley.  Can anyone explain to me how exactly Avery is going to improve our paint defense, rebounding, and shot-blocking woes?

Look, I love Bradley, and I think he is going to help us in many ways.  But he is definitely not our key to winning a championship.