Author Topic: Rondo thinks the team will be different with Bradley back  (Read 9914 times)

Re: Rondo thinks the team will be different with Bradley back
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 12:41:58 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
It will. Outside of Bradley's defense there one thing I really like from this kid. He's good off the ball. He knows where to position himself once Rondo penetrates the lane, I've seen this a ton last year. He knows where and when to cut. That means a few more easy shots.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Bradley was a 50/40/80% shooter the first time in an NBA rotation (50/46/80% as a starter).  Besides playing top of the league defense, he added some punch to the offense.

He also got out on the break with Rondo, and was excellent at taking advantage of the room under the hoop when KG spread the floor on offense.

It will be interesting to see if AB can build off last year's success.  Even if he brings the same thing as last year, 12/3/2 with great defense, the team will be better, but maybe he can make a leap to an 18 ppg guy. 

I learned not to doubt Avery Bradley last season.  To begin the year, he looked like one of the worst players in the entire league.  The poor guy has gone another year without the benefit of a training camp, but he should be used to it by now.       

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 12:53:53 PM »

Offline Swoopz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
I'm more excited about Bradley's effect on his teammates than how much he'll actually produce on the court. Last year his energy and ball pressure rubbed off on the others and they really got locked into the defense.

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 01:51:09 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Bradley is the only reason i still have hope for this team. I'm waiting to see how we perform after he gets back. We have enough scoring, we need better defense.

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 02:11:11 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Bradley is an elite defensive player...probably the 2nd best on our team besides KG...when you add a player like that to the lineup it IS going to have an effect on the way you play because he can cover up for alot of our other players deficiencies

It will definitely have an effect. It won't make them a contender.

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Bradley is an elite defensive player...probably the 2nd best on our team besides KG...when you add a player like that to the lineup it IS going to have an effect on the way you play because he can cover up for alot of our other players deficiencies

As long as the effect isnt confusing our coach a little more
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 02:29:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm excited for Avery to come back.  I'm keeping my expectations low, but i'm excited to have him back.  Also, I think once he comes back it kind of makes a trade necessary.  We have too many solid bench guards.  It doesn't make sense for a quality player like LeAndro Barbosa to get a DNP.   We kind of HAVE to make a trade once Bradley is back.  (unless someone gets injured ... crossing my fingers that doesn't happen)

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Did last year. Once he became a starter everything changed.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 02:51:25 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
double post
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 02:56:45 PM by Spicoli »

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 02:51:53 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
So these guys are basically saying, if Bradley goes down again with another injury, our season is over, because he's basically the only hope we have. I don't like the sounds of that to be honest. The Bulls are still winning without their best player in Derrick Rose, but we cannot win without a role player like Bradley?

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 02:58:51 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
So these guys are basically saying, if Bradley goes down again with another injury, our season is over, because he's basically the only hope we have. I don't like the sounds of that to be honest. The Bulls are still winning without their best player in Derrick Rose, but we cannot win without a role player like Bradley?

Amazing, but it's looking like it's true - the bolded part.

Avery Bradley, in just a short stint in our lineup late last season, evidently shook up the league enough to get defensive team votes, AND get ranked around 100 (out of 500 NBA players, I believe), by those ESPN writers last summer.

My guess is that AB will continue to work hard, and we'll continue to see his game evolve and get even better. If this happens, he'll project even further up the food chain - and help BOS.

IMO, he has NO pressure...just keep doing your thing, AB...Defense. The rest will take care of itself.

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 02:59:17 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

Last year they had more than one big guy who could play defense. Last year they had a big guy who could block shots. Plus, to be honest, I look at last year as an anomaly given the strike-shortened season. Don't get me wrong. I am looking forward to getting Avery back, but he is not the savior.

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 03:00:09 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

Great point.

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 03:08:59 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

The team isn't the favorite but isn't the hopeless and has a smaller room for error in its title hopes.  There is no realistic trade that will improve that.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 03:14:25 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Last year they had more than one big guy who could play defense. Last year they had a big guy who could block shots. Plus, to be honest, I look at last year as an anomaly given the strike-shortened season. Don't get me wrong. I am looking forward to getting Avery back, but he is not the savior.

I don't know if I'd call him a savior. We're not consistently winning but I still feel this team is a contender. Playoffs and regular season are nothing alike. Game planning for an opponent is almost non-existent in the regular season.

We're capable of beating anyone 4 out of 7 times and as a result were a contender. There are few teams I believe this about. Our big problem is consistent effort and energy. Everything is in spurts especially defensively. AB really helps improve that bc he never let's up and it's contagious. The others feed off it and emulate it better as a result.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14