Author Topic: Dear Santa: Please bring me one of these Jeff Green trades....  (Read 10315 times)

Re: Dear Santa: Please bring me one of these Jeff Green trades....
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2012, 06:10:46 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Better & Best trade possible...

BOS SENDS: Green, Lee, Melo, & 2nd
BOS GETS: Cousins, Fredette, Garcia

SAC SENDS: Cousins, Fredette, Garcia
SAC GETS: Green, Lee, Melo, & 2nd

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2012, 06:53:46 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
No way this package will be enough to persuade the Kings to give away Cousins.
I'd love to get Fredette somehow, though.

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2012, 07:16:57 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I'd counter it with this.

Melo, Green + 2 first rounders
for
Boogey + Salmons or Garcia

I believe SacTo will give Boogey away for draft picks and potential, i just do. And I think 2 first rounders is worth giving for Cousins.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2012, 10:57:12 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
im not sure why everone is so obsessed with trading green...when you give him 25-30minutes a night he performs..besides, we have no other legit backup for pierce

I thought he played well last night...if anything I would explore trades packaging Bass/Lee

He's the biggest trade chip. His potential and track record in OKC could land us a solid player. I don't want to trade him either but if it means landing a big name big man who can help us to get to another level, it's sad, but he'd need to be traded.

Wrong.  Our biggest trade chip is Rondo.  After that probably the combo of Avery Bradley and Sullinger, because they are on short money.  Then Green.

Green is arguably the hardest player to move on the Cs roster. He and Bass are fighting for that honor at the moment.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

This trade is us receiving 18M in salary while sending out 14M. We're too close the the MLE hardcap to do something like that.

I'd counter it with this.

Melo, Green + 2 first rounders
for
Boogey + Salmons or Garcia

It would have to be Garcia for the $ to work and honestly he's just not very good. We'd have to do a little searching to find a reasonable SF to back up Pierce. That isn't easy because our options would be to trade for one (with almost no assets) or the pick up a D-leaguer like Downs or Wright from Maine.

I think we should shoot for Cousins and Thompson while taking on Salmons contract. Maybe something like:

Cousins/Thompson/Salmons
for
Green/Bass/Sully and two 1sts

I think the money works but depending on our actual cap # we might have to move 1 more minimum contract. Wilcox or Collins would be expendable after getting Cousins and Thompson.

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 03:35:20 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I don't see the Kings trading Cousins unless they get a potential franchise guy back, but I'll play the what if trade game.

Boston trades: Green, Bradley, Melo, and 2 protected 1sts

Kings trades: Cousins, Salmons and a 2nd.

I'd prefer to send out Sully over AB, but the Kings have two young PFs. AB gives them a defensive oriented SG who can also make outside shots.  Melo gives them a big bodied center prospect. 

Salmons has playoff experience, and should benefit from playing again for a real NBA team.  I can handle him playing 10 mpg in the playoffs enough to allow the great Jeff Green and his crucial backup SF role to be pried away from the Cs for a player who fills a true weakness. 

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 03:44:16 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I find it humorous that every thread turns into one about trading for Cousins or Larry Sanders. The topic could be basket weaving techniques and it'd still end up being about one of the two....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 04:33:14 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I think Green stays but he and Bass have 23 days and 11 games to prove they deserve to stay and are big pieces on our "road to 18"... before the 15th...  :-\
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2012, 06:31:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
There is no way the Kings give us Cousins without getting Bradley plus other assets or getting Rondo. It won't happen.

I'm also amazed at how people think we can get great value for Green right now. The guy is on the very beginning of a bad contract, came back from open heart surgery, and has shown nothing to generate any interest in teams to want to trade for him. We are stuck with him for a while, and I believe holding on to him and hoping his value goes up and/or having him actually play the way we expected and take over for Pierce next year is the best option.

Trading him for an old Prince, or 3rd string wings like Webster or Barnes is just a huge waste.

Our best options for a deal this year are Bass plus Lee and Melo or picks, or Bradley. That's the reality, anything else is fantasy.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 06:39:44 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 06:48:56 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
There is no way the Kings give us Cousins without getting Bradley plus other assets or getting Rondo. It won't happen.

I'm also amazed at how people think we can get great value for Green right now. The guy is on the very beginning of a bad contract, came back from open heart surgery, and has shown nothing to generate any interest in teams to want to trade for him. We are stuck with him for a while, and I believe holding on to him and hoping his value goes up and/or having him actually play the way we expected and take over for Pierce next year is the best option.

Trading him for an old Prince, or 3rd string wings like Webster or Barnes is just a huge waste.

Our best options for a deal this year are Bass plus Lee and Melo or picks, or Bradley. That's the reality, anything else is fantasy.

Green is tradable in the types of deals ive suggested. Green is not tradable for high value players like Cousins.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2012, 06:50:36 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

Green is tradable in the types of deals ive suggested. Green is not tradable for high value players like Cousins.

I agree, I just don't think the deals you suggested help our team in the short term or long term. We would in essence be dumping Green for lesser talent that in many cases Doc would never even put on the floor.

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2012, 08:45:56 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

I agree, I just don't think the deals you suggested help our team in the short term or long term. We would in essence be dumping Green for lesser talent that in many cases Doc would never even put on the floor.

sorry -- don't agree.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2012, 09:33:12 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm not sure Green's value is as low as you think hp. GMs and coaches all understand that Green is playing behind a hall of famer and that he's playing inside a system that doesn't encourage offensive rebounding or play at a pace that encourages high scoring. I mean it's not that Green isn't struggling but his circumstances aren't ideal for showcase either.

Additionally we're in a transitional period where guys are still getting used to our system. Green needs to use the regular season to work on his defense so we can make a run at Miami in the post-season. There are only 2 guys (healthy) in the east who can single-handedly beat us and it's Melo and Lebron. Green tends to defend that position. If Green can limit those guys in the playoffs I'll call his $9M contract an bargain.