Author Topic: Dear Santa: Please bring me one of these Jeff Green trades....  (Read 10301 times)

Re: Dear Santa: Please bring me one of these Jeff Green trades....
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 02:09:59 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm sorry, ssspence...out of your list of possible trades for Jeff Green and possible returns, I do so see several packages I like, admittedly. But none of them return a quality, proven SF - and one that would willingly come off the bench for Pierce.

IMO, we're stuck with Jeff Green, and I for one love it. Yeah, he's getting paid a lot to assumedly not do too much, but he's been helpful for Pierce. He's shown flashes of brilliance (OKC game, a few others), and I'd hope that in any future trades he's not touched.

As much as I love Bass...sadly I think he could be the one to go. We've been getting murdered on the boards. I'm hoping that Rondo's belief (and ours) in AB's return could turn things around, but if they don't we REALLY need Jeff Green here in BOS.

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 02:23:17 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
im not sure why everone is so obsessed with trading green...when you give him 25-30minutes a night he performs..besides, we have no other legit backup for pierce

I thought he played well last night...if anything I would explore trades packaging Bass/Lee

He has never consistently produced in this league except for one stretch with OKC. He is what he is: a soft, inconsistent player. If they can get value for him, they should not hesitate.

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
woah.  Some of those are really bad.  Trading our backup SF for more undersized guards doesn't make a lick of sense. 

Jeff's our 4th best player he's just stuck playing behind our 2nd best player (Pierce).  If we can trade him it would have to be for a starting big.  Otherwise we're better off just hanging onto him and waiting for Pierce to retire.

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
woah.  Some of those are really bad.  Trading our backup SF for more undersized guards doesn't make a lick of sense. 

Jeff's our 4th best player he's just stuck playing behind our 2nd best player (Pierce).  If we can trade him it would have to be for a starting big.  Otherwise we're better off just hanging onto him and waiting for Pierce to retire.

you mean our 4th highest paid player, i presume. he's not even close to being our 4th most productive player.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 02:56:33 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I'm sorry, ssspence...out of your list of possible trades for Jeff Green and possible returns, I do so see several packages I like, admittedly. But none of them return a quality, proven SF - and one that would willingly come off the bench for Pierce.

IMO, we're stuck with Jeff Green, and I for one love it. Yeah, he's getting paid a lot to assumedly not do too much, but he's been helpful for Pierce. He's shown flashes of brilliance (OKC game, a few others), and I'd hope that in any future trades he's not touched.

As much as I love Bass...sadly I think he could be the one to go. We've been getting murdered on the boards. I'm hoping that Rondo's belief (and ours) in AB's return could turn things around, but if they don't we REALLY need Jeff Green here in BOS.

Got it -- Green fan. No problem with that. I hope he works out too.

I just want to point out that Marion, Prince, Wright, Dudley, Webster, Chandler, Delfino, Barnes, Garcia and Dunleavy are all proven NBA 3s. A couple of younger players -- Aminu and Taylor, for example -- have shown they can play in the league, particularly on the defensive end. None are perfect, but all could back up PP for 15 minutes a game, and some of them have situational skills the Green simply doesn't -- like outstanding shooting, or excellent man defense.

Just sayin'...

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 03:15:10 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Got it -- Green fan. No problem with that. I hope he works out too.

I just want to point out that Marion, Prince, Wright, Dudley, Webster, Chandler, Delfino, Barnes, Garcia and Dunleavy are all proven NBA 3s. A couple of younger players -- Aminu and Taylor, for example -- have shown they can play in the league, particularly on the defensive end. None are perfect, but all could back up PP for 15 minutes a game, and some of them have situational skills the Green simply doesn't -- like outstanding shooting, or excellent man defense.

Just sayin'...

Good points, all...but no way that Cuban gives us Marion for Jeff Green...and I don't think he'd be coming here to come off the bench.

Prince, I think, is too pricey..would he come off the bench?

Jared Dudley, perhaps out of all the players on your list - intrigues me the most. But their stats (his and Jeffs) are so similar that not enough jumps out at me to pull the trigger...now IF PHX would part with Gortat AND Dudley that would get my attention. But in such a trade that would help BOS, I'd be rather skeptical of this happening.

I like Webster, but what else would WAS be willing to give us for him, since the salaries don't match straight up? Emeka? And would we be willing to take on Emeka's contract?

I think Delfino and Dunleavy would help us offensively, but they'd get murdered by most opposing SFs, much less LeBron...we aren't beating OKC with Delf or Dunleavy.

Aminu and Taylor, while talented, are a bit too young...would they produce quickly enough behind Pierce to help BOS? I just don't see either as having the same impact as Jeff Green.

And yeah..I'm a Green fan, as in BOS. :) But it's something about having a SF with Jeff Green's ability, that's happy with is role...doesn't question his role, and seemingly fits.

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 03:36:48 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Looks like "Boogey" is back on the market!!

Anyone have any ideas how to get him here?

http://www.news10.net/news/article/222244/3/Sacramento-Kings-center-suspended

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 05:29:18 PM »

fitzhickey

I like the Shawn Marion trade

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 07:41:20 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
None of the above.

Perhaps Chris Mannix is on to something ...
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 07:54:21 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
If I'm Danny I hold onto Rondo and Bradley, but make the Cousins trade.  Danny's a risk taker and he's going to have to take a good-sized risk to get the top 10 talent he needs to rebuild for a championship.

Doc's got it in him to handle such a personality, though I know he'd rather not have to.

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 08:07:16 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2152
SAN: Can't create one -- they're not stupid enough to take him

Remember Richard Jefferson? Not only does SA love overpaid small forwards, they will pay to keep them there. They evenutally wised up and shipped him out, but even SA will make a bad move every once and a while.

Green for Jackson and Neal.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 10:01:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
GIVE me Cousins and I'll be a GOOD boy for a while ....anyway !! ;D

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2012, 02:17:17 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Green would have to go in a trade for Cousins, probably AB too. That would make me sad because I like both of those players.

If we can get Cousins for some combo of Green/Bass/Lee/Sully and take back Salmons' contract I do it.

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 05:33:41 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
im not sure why everone is so obsessed with trading green...when you give him 25-30minutes a night he performs..besides, we have no other legit backup for pierce

I thought he played well last night...if anything I would explore trades packaging Bass/Lee

He's the biggest trade chip. His potential and track record in OKC could land us a solid player. I don't want to trade him either but if it means landing a big name big man who can help us to get to another level, it's sad, but he'd need to be traded.

Wrong.  Our biggest trade chip is Rondo.  After that probably the combo of Avery Bradley and Sullinger, because they are on short money.  Then Green.