Author Topic: Dear Santa: Please bring me one of these Jeff Green trades....  (Read 10309 times)

Dear Santa: Please bring me one of these Jeff Green trades....
« on: December 22, 2012, 09:34:02 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Here are Jeff Green trades I'd make on January 16th with every team in the league, except for notable rivals -- the Knicks, Brooklyn, Miami and the Lakers. I'm assuming picks, cash and other small items could be involved in either direction. In most cases I'm shooting low, but a lot of teams would reject these anyway, because Jeff Green is terrible:

East ~

ATL: Pachulia and Stevenson for Green

CHA: Warrick, Reggie Williams and Jeff Taylor for Green

CHI: Rip and Kirk Hinrich for Green

CLE: Boobie Gibson and Casspi for Green

DET: Prince and Daye for Green

IND: Gerald Green and Augustin for Green

MIL: Udoh and Dunleavy for Green

ORL: Turkoglu and Ayon for Green and Bass

PHI: Dorell Wright and Kwame Brown for Green

TOR: Amir Johnson, Lucas and Pietrus for Green

WAS: Okefor and Martell Webster for Green and Bass

West ~

DAL: Shawn Marion for Green

DEN: Chandler and Mozgov for Green

GSW: Jarrett Jack, Brandon Rush and Festus Ezeli for Green and Wilcox

HOU: Delfino and Royce White for Green

LAC: Odom, Hollins and Matt Barnes for Green

MEM: Speights, Ellington and Pondexter for Green

MIN: Brandon Roy, Steimsma and Cunningham for Green and Barbosa

NOH: Robin Lopez and Aminu for Green and Collins

OKC: Perk for Green (sorry -- couldn't help myself)

PHX: Wesley Johnson and Dudley for Green

POR: Hickson, Babbitt and Jeffries for Green

SAC: Aaron Brooks, Francisco Garcia and Chuck Hayes for Green and Bass

SAN: Can't create one -- they're not stupid enough to take him

UTA: Millsap and Earl Watson for Green, Melo and a 1st

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Dear Santa: Please bring me one of these Jeff Green trades....
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:14:52 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Eastern Conference

I the trades with the following teams make us worse = Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Indiana, Milwaukee, Orlando.

I don't think Toronto can trade us Pietrus. Amir Johnson for Jeff Green. I am not really comfortable with that. I would be more interested in moving Brandon Bass for Amir Johnson. A like for like position wise. I don't think I trade J.Green for Amir.

Kwame Brown and Dorell Wright is an interesting trade package. I like both players. Kwame's interior defense off the bench would be valuable. Dorell Wright is a nice offensive player off the pine. He couldn't guard LeBron if his depended on it but he could go on Battier / Rashard.

Tayshaun Prince would be a huge upgrade over Jeff Green. I would absolutely love Danny Ainge to find a way to make this happen. I would pursue this trade idea very strongly. This is my favourite trade package in the East.

West

There are a lot more good trade ideas in the West than the East. No interest in the Sacramento or Portland trades. They make the Celtics worse.

I don't think Dallas would give up Marion and trade for Green. Marion still considerably more valuable and Dallas have been very risk-adverse contract wise since the new CBA. I don't think this has a chance. Ditto with Utah and Paul Millsap.

I would be very surprised if Denver moved W.Chandler and T.Mozgov for J.Green. Chandler is already better than Green. And then they throw Mozgov on top? Struggling to see that one.

Ezeli, B.Rush and J.Jack is a very good trade package for Jeff Green. I'd happily accept that. Very impressed with Ezeli and I'd love to have him here. Brandon Rush is darn fine backup SG/SF but he has a long term injury. I would be surprised if Golden State had any interest in Jeff Green at his pay level with Harrison Barnes there.

Jared Dudley for Green is very tempting. A more limited player but the guy knows his role and sticks to it. Very good backup SF. Very similar to James Posey. Maybe the most similar in the league. A poor man's Posey (less physical talent + possession creation + high end defensive ability = why Dudley is a poor man's version of Posey). 

Robin Lopez has impressed me the few times I have seen New Orleans play. He has had a very up and down career so far but he has great size and a good skill-set. Yeah, I could see a trade being built around R.Lopez for J.Green. I don't think you'll get Aminu too though.

I don't think Memphis will take on Green's contract. Too expensive. Already have Rudy Gay. I don't think the Clippers break up their 2nd unit which has been incredible for them this season.

No interest in B.Roy. Stiemsma and D.Cunningham is an interesting low end trade package for J.Green. Not sure it'd be enough but I would give it some consideration.

I don't trade J.Green for C.Delfino. I don't want to take a chance on Royce White. I think he is a trouble maker and a opportunist who isn't interested in his basketball career.

Summary

The Tayshaun Prince for Jeff Green idea was my favourite. I think that is a great idea. I could easily see Detroit being interested in swapping the older Pierce for a younger guy like Jeff Green who can play and grow alongside guys like Stuckey, Knight, Monroe and Drummond. That is a long term move that could benefit Detroit. And short term it's brilliant for Boston.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 11:20:44 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Thanks for the input, Who. Understand it was tough to come up with non-homer deals across all teams. So I agree with you on a number of fronts. Example: I'm not excited by the Houston deal at all, though they're below the cap so we could take back something smaller. Ditto for Orlando, LAC and a few others.

I think Aminu's value is pretty low. I like him for D and rebounding behind Pierce, and I suspect he can be signed cheap next summer. Maybe adding Melo to the deal makes it more interesting for them.

I agree about Golden State, both the quality of the deal and the lack of their likely interest.

Chandler has had a pretty rough road in Denver. They have no use for Green, but really have no use for Chandler either. I assume they'd be more interested in moving him than Brewer when you look at their contracts across the roster -- at least in a deal for Green.

I disagree regarding Amir Johnson. I would happily take him for Green. Then trade Bass elsewhere if you get him. Don't care about the addition of Pietrus.

I like the Charlotte and Bucks trades more than you do.

I'd like to see Udoh with Garnett. Dunleavy can come in and chuck behind Pierce, and Lee can play a little SF against smaller teams. Dunleavy could be an asset at the deadline.

I like Jeff Taylor -- sort of a San Antonio type of guy. Productive D and shooting on the cheap. Could be a Celt for a long time. Adding a couple of expendable contracts like Warrick will increase out chance of netting a sought after player like Gortat at the deadline. Say, Warrick, Sully and a 1st for Marcin. I'd rather have Gortat and Taylor than Sully an Green.

And yes -- I agree with you in Prince. Two bad contracts with obvious situational swapping justifiability. Seems to make sense for both, and a simple trade to execute.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:27:24 AM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 11:26:25 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
WAS + UTAH are the only deals I would do. Jeff Green is not the problem, in fact IMO he needs more minutes and needs more plays drawn up for him. This team needs a big that can rebound and defend the rim, KG wants to play 20' from the rim so that forces us to get ----> Verajo.  :)

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 11:41:32 AM »

Offline tmcdon

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
I agree with dream!  Jeff green played 10min LESS than KG last night and out performed him (at minimum in points) and played better than Bass or Sully.  Green is a solid starter on this team should Pierce be hobbled by injury and/or his inevitable retirement.

Jeff Green aint the problem.

The defensive lapses are the issue here, and while this is a bitter pill at the moment I wouldn't overreact by trading anyone at this point unless you pick a solid frontcourt (center), or by some miracle we could bring in a Kevin Love guy and Green HAD to be included.   

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 11:41:56 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Like Wash and the Clippers trade.

Odom, Barnes, and Hollins would really help us out nicely.

Rondo/Terry
Bradley/Lee
Pierce/Odom/Barnes
Bass/Odom/Sully
KG/Wilcox/Hollins

Still lacks the center we need though.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 12:12:03 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I agree it would be nice to add a center, but they tend to be the most valuable assets, and Green's trade value is low.

This concept that the Cs have just one problem to fix is rooted in fantasy. But, a number of these Green deals would bring us assets more likely to help in the pursuit of a good big, as well.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 12:17:48 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Jack, Rush, Ezeli for Green? I'm not sure Dubs would do that especially how Ezeli is playing.

Although, Jeff Green, Chris Wilcox for Beans' contract, DRAYMOND GREEN and a filler, yeah give it to me.

I understand that Beidrins is a shell of his 2009 self, but he's servicable, legit 7'0", will still block a few shots. But man that Draymond Green guy, that's what we need. Energy, toughness, confidence, don't matter if he's shooting a bad %, he'll bring you 100% effort any night. Then maybe add Jeremy Tyler as a filler, kid's got great footwork but still a work in progress. He's gonna enjoy KG's tutelage.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 12:19:44 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
im not sure why everone is so obsessed with trading green...when you give him 25-30minutes a night he performs..besides, we have no other legit backup for pierce

I thought he played well last night...if anything I would explore trades packaging Bass/Lee 

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 12:25:51 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
im not sure why everone is so obsessed with trading green...when you give him 25-30minutes a night he performs..besides, we have no other legit backup for pierce

I thought he played well last night...if anything I would explore trades packaging Bass/Lee

He's the biggest trade chip. His potential and track record in OKC could land us a solid player. I don't want to trade him either but if it means landing a big name big man who can help us to get to another level, it's sad, but he'd need to be traded.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 12:49:02 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

??? lol

hickson for Jeff Green str8 up isn't even a good enough deal for Portland.  ;D

I rather:

Green, Lee, Bass, for Ryan Anderson, Roger Mason & Picks

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 12:57:35 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

??? lol

hickson for Jeff Green str8 up isn't even a good enough deal for Portland.  ;D

I rather:

Green, Lee, Bass, for Ryan Anderson, Roger Mason & Picks

Your trade suggestion is far more lopsided than the one you question.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I trade Bass, Lee, and Terry before I traded Jeff Green.

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 01:47:26 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
If we part with Jeff Green -

Can someone PLEASE tell me who will then backup Paul Pierce?

My guess is that Jeff Green has played a significant part in Paul Pierces' resurgence here lately due to him backing up the Captain.

I'm starting to believe that this team does have some needs...if things don't change in late Jan early Feb with AB's return, I'd agree with some roster changes -

but NOT for Paul Pierce's backup.

If Pierce is going to be our Primary offensive weapon, with the way it's looking, then I'd want a quality backup behind him, and Jeff Green is it.

Please, Danny - don't shoot BOS in the leg by trading Jeff Green. Might as well blow it up, then. No one else is going to be dumb enough to give us any quality SF back in return with any Jeff Green trade.

What we'd be doing, I'm afraid, is playing Whack-A-Mole, lol...plugging one hole (a trade package involving Green), and getting back a decent Big (Gortat, JSmith, maybe?) - only to have a hole at backup SF.

There is not an Auerbachian answer for this, I'm afraid. I'm hopeful that AB's return to playing form in late Jan/early Feb will turn things around, but if they don't then I'm sure this team will look a bit different come trade time.

But, IMO, if Jeff Green is touched, then we might as well go nuclear with this team, I'm thinking.

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
If we part with Jeff Green -

Can someone PLEASE tell me who will then backup Paul Pierce?

My guess is that Jeff Green has played a significant part in Paul Pierces' resurgence here lately due to him backing up the Captain.

I'm starting to believe that this team does have some needs...if things don't change in late Jan early Feb with AB's return, I'd agree with some roster changes -

but NOT for Paul Pierce's backup.

If Pierce is going to be our Primary offensive weapon, with the way it's looking, then I'd want a quality backup behind him, and Jeff Green is it.

Please, Danny - don't shoot BOS in the leg by trading Jeff Green. Might as well blow it up, then. No one else is going to be dumb enough to give us any quality SF back in return with any Jeff Green trade.

What we'd be doing, I'm afraid, is playing Whack-A-Mole, lol...plugging one hole (a trade package involving Green), and getting back a decent Big (Gortat, JSmith, maybe?) - only to have a hole at backup SF.

There is not an Auerbachian answer for this, I'm afraid. I'm hopeful that AB's return to playing form in late Jan/early Feb will turn things around, but if they don't then I'm sure this team will look a bit different come trade time.

But, IMO, if Jeff Green is touched, then we might as well go nuclear with this team, I'm thinking.

A number of the trades include a replacement for Green.

I think the notion that trading an inconsistent bench player requires blowing up the whole team is absurd.

If Pierce is going to play the majority of minutes at the 3 -- a given as far as i'm concerned -- then i'd rather have an impact scorer, shooter or defender behind him. Green's none of these.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)