Author Topic: I'm tired of ...  (Read 7626 times)

Re: I'm tired of ...
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 05:35:57 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
I'm tired of whiny posters who clearly have limited grasp of what this Celtics team is about. Red Sox season cant' start early enough, this usually picks them up. And Bruins, but I have no hope for the lockout ending soon.

What does this actually mean, "what this celtics team is all about?" Aren't they about winning championships? And if so, this team certainly is not going to achieve that goal.

An initially three year project ended up after the fifth, and we don't have Ray Allen here anymore.
We aren't about winning a championship.

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Another thread complaining about the team.  Smashing.   ::)

Look, we all get it.  This team isn't that good right now.  I'm tired of losing, you're tired of losing, heck, everyone's tired of losing.  There's no way we will get better without Avery's return and acquiring a talented big.  Improved play from Terry, Green, Lee, and Bass (if they don't get traded) would be extra.  As currently constructed, this team cannot win a title.  It's that simple.

Other than that, I've actually enjoyed watching the team.  KG and Pierce are still getting it done, Sully has been great, and I think Rondo's jump shot has really improved.  Not that much else to be tired of about the C's.

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 06:45:35 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Sully and great for some reason are not in the same page of my book.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 06:49:33 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Look, we all get it.  This team isn't that good right now.  I'm tired of losing, you're tired of losing, heck, everyone's tired of losing.  There's no way we will get better without Avery's return and acquiring a talented big.  Improved play from Terry, Green, Lee, and Bass (if they don't get traded) would be extra.  As currently constructed, this team cannot win a title.  It's that simple.

Other than that, I've actually enjoyed watching the team.  KG and Pierce are still getting it done, Sully has been great, and I think Rondo's jump shot has really improved.  Not that much else to be tired of about the C's.

I admire your optimism, but this is an honest question: You really have "enjoyed" watching this team play mostly horrendous defense and pretty much be unable to beat any team that has a pulse? If so, more power to you.

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 07:39:18 PM »

Offline Sec22

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
I've actually enjoyed watching the team. 

To me, this has been a very interesting season with a lot of compelling things to watch. It's a proud, aging core with a championship pedigree that's struggling to rebuild on the fly. There's an assumption that the talent is there - it's mostly the same team that made an ECF run - but it's not coming together except for during stretches. The younger players show flashes, and it can be tantalizing to think of the success they can have if they reach their potential at the same time. It also might all collapse into a puddle of mis-matched parts. I think this is a frustrating scenario, but it's also very exciting in its own way. 

Many Celtics fans have become incredibly entitled. It's kind of ugly, but I personally think it's really too bad for them more than anything. This struggle to get there is a huge part of sports. If dynasties just showed up for fans the way cheerios show up for babies when they pound on their high chairs, then what would be the point of any of it?

I admire your optimism, but this is an honest question: You really have "enjoyed" watching this team play mostly horrendous defense and pretty much be unable to beat any team that has a pulse? If so, more power to you.

If you don't enjoy it, then why on earth do you watch it? Not only watch it, but come around here and post about it? The only guess I have is that you take satisfaction being miserable. If so, more power to you.

Tired of it? Refresh yourself. Go watch a movie.

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 07:44:16 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
Last year we went with what we had and gutted it out.  Credit to the heart of the players.  That was all them.  Now we have I think too many players and the same coach that has no idea how to uses them.  We need to trim the fat or play team A on the floor and team B on the floor

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 07:53:32 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald

To me, this has been a very interesting season with a lot of compelling things to watch. It's a proud, aging core with a championship pedigree that's struggling to rebuild on the fly. There's an assumption that the talent is there - it's mostly the same team that made an ECF run - but it's not coming together except for during stretches. The younger players show flashes, and it can be tantalizing to think of the success they can have if they reach their potential at the same time. It also might all collapse into a puddle of mis-matched parts. I think this is a frustrating scenario, but it's also very exciting in its own way. 

Many Celtics fans have become incredibly entitled. It's kind of ugly, but I personally think it's really too bad for them more than anything. This struggle to get there is a huge part of sports. If dynasties just showed up for fans the way cheerios show up for babies when they pound on their high chairs, then what would be the point of any of it?

If you don't enjoy it, then why on earth do you watch it? Not only watch it, but come around here and post about it? The only guess I have is that you take satisfaction being miserable. If so, more power to you.

Its called being a fan dude and venting on a forum.  Get a clue and get down from your high horse ::)

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Please keep it civil / No personal attacks
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 08:31:36 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

It's certainly frustrating watching this team struggle defensively, but I expect it to improve at least a little once Bradley returns, so I can live with it for now.

As for our inability to beat teams "with a pulse," I am disappointed, but I think we should be able to put up more of a fight if Danny can acquire a nice big man.

So, despite our struggles, I have been able to enjoy watching the team.

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 08:44:21 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'm tired of celtics fans complaining, whining and jumping the gun to bash this team. I will be even more tired of the bandwagon jumpers at the end of the season when we are fighting for home court advantage.

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 09:14:18 PM »

Offline Celticfankb

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 17
Some of you mentioned Doc's comments about "shots not falling", or "its a make or miss league". He's right. Its not an excuse. We are what we are. A jump shooting team. Have been since 08. We don't have guys that can create their own shot. Peirce is the only guy who really can, but he has lost a step.KG is a jump shooter. Our whole team is that.

Until we get guys who can create on their own, our identity will be a jump shooting team.
KB

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 10:06:39 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I'm tired of celtics fans complaining, whining and jumping the gun to bash this team. I will be even more tired of the bandwagon jumpers at the end of the season when we are fighting for home court advantage.

same here

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2012, 11:37:27 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
For those bothered by this thread, I didn't intend to ruffle any feathers. Just wanted to vent some frustration.

I was a regular complainer last season, so before this season started, I decided I was going to make a concerted effort to be patient as long as I could. I barely batted a lash at their problems through the first dozen games.

Then I attended my first Celtics game, Nov. 28 against the visiting Nets, and was treated to "the brawl" and some of the worst Celtics basketball of the New Big Three era. Still I remained patient, and largely silent.

After the Milwaukee game, though, Boston is within one game of being a third of the way through its season and there are few signs of progress. I'm no bandwagon fan; I've continued to cheer on the Cs through all their crappy play this season. Do I feel entitled? Well, I'll admit to being spoiled by all their success of the last 5 seasons. I also, however, know the level of talent on this year's team, and that they're underperforming by a country mile. I don't expect anyone to hand the Celtics (and their fans) the title, but I do expect these guys to show signs of significant progress at this point in the season. I've been trying really hard to enjoy this season—I do want to enjoy it, after all; I'm not hoping for things to complain about—but it's hard to enjoy the product they've been putting out on the floor. Yeah, there have been good (even great) individual performances, and I'm excited to see the development of young guys such as Sully, but this isn't supposed to be a "development" year, it's supposed to be a title-chasing year.

I realize that the year isn't over, and that we have a lot of new players still finding their way. Two thirds of the regular season remain, and these guys could still get their act together, or Danny could make a great trade that addresses the team's biggest needs while eliminating some of the redundancy on the roster (all those 2s, for example). I don't know, however, that we can count on a repeat of last season, when everyone suddenly got their act together post-All-Star break and, despite numerous injuries, performed like a powerhouse. We certainly shouldn't depend on that happening, and neither should the players.

So that's all this thread was about: venting frustrating and hoping for positive change to happen soon. Some of you don't like that, but just keep in mind that some others of us don't like the continued "covering" for this team's shortcomings (real or perceived), and we're weary of hearing the same things over and over: "our legs were tired tonight," "it's a make/miss league," etc. Especially given the timing of some of these reasons: How can you come out flat after three days of rest? How can so many guys have shooting slumps at the same time (Bass, Terry, Lee)? These are legitimate questions that cross our minds, and there's nothing wrong with questioning where the players' heads are, and asking why we're not seeing much progress.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2012, 11:41:32 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Some of you mentioned Doc's comments about "shots not falling", or "its a make or miss league". He's right. Its not an excuse. We are what we are. A jump shooting team. Have been since 08. We don't have guys that can create their own shot. Peirce is the only guy who really can, but he has lost a step.KG is a jump shooter. Our whole team is that.

Until we get guys who can create on their own, our identity will be a jump shooting team.

Jason Terry, and to a lesser degree Courtney Lee, were supposed to be capable of doing quite a bit of creating. We were told particularly that Jet is great in the pick and roll. For whatever reason, though, we haven't seen much creating from either of these guys. Leandro Barbosa is also capable of creating.

I would also argue that Rajon Rondo, with his speed, should be able to create dribble-drive opportunities for himself, and also to use that skill to draw defenders and thus open up teammates.

Why aren't these things happening?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 11:49:12 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I'm a fan of basketball in general not just a fan of the celtics. I normally don't watch the games live on tv. because there's always plenty of games on or even a good flick. I watch this team play 1 of their games sometimes after a week later. I'm very critical of the C's & like to focus totally whenever I do watch. With all of this said...

I'm frustrated with what's been frustrating for the past few yrs. Nothing has changed  :-\