Author Topic: I'm tired of ...  (Read 7624 times)

I'm tired of ...
« on: December 22, 2012, 03:03:55 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm tired of Boston's horrible play, and I'm tired of fans making excuses for the Celtics. In the aftermath of their latest debacle, I've seen a couple excuses in particular that just rub me the wrong way.

To wit:

I'm tired of people saying "the effort is there." This has been said after so many Celtic losses this season, but if a team with this much talent was really giving such great effort, they would've snapped out of their funk by now, just by sheer force of will.

I'm tired of people saying, "Ah, the shots just weren't falling tonight, doesn't happen often." I beg to differ. Happens a lot with this team. A lot. And it's bound to happen a lot when all you do is shoot jumpers. Jet's had three clunkers in the last two weeks. Bass can't hit water falling out of a boat. And KG doesn't take 22 shots on nights he is shooting well—heck, usually it's hard work just getting him to take his fair share of shots—so why is he taking 22 on a night he's stinking up the joint?

Yeah, it's a make-or-miss league ... which is a fancy way of saying "the team that scores the most points wins." Duh. If the jumpers aren't falling—as they often aren't with this team—they need to be willing to make in-game adjustments, attacking the basket more, cutting, running pick and ROLL (not pick and pop). The basketball IQ of this team—players AND coaches—is depressingly low right now.

One more game and we'll be a third of the way through the regular season (which is all we'll be playing, at this rate). This has got to change yesterday. Next game is Christmas Day, at Brooklyn; get ready for another dismal performance, thanks to the Nets' dominating size and Boston's inability to do ... well, anything. I hope Bradley provides a big spark, but even if he does, I don't think Boston can wait that long; Danny needs to make a trade or two, including at least one big one, for some legit size and interior D, and for some guys who aren't afraid to take it to the rack. All this passive outside shooting is nonsense.

What are you guys tired of? (And don't say "complaining" or "pessimistic fans"; you've got your "feel good" thread; this is a "not feeling good" thread.)
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Re: I'm tired of ...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 03:14:36 AM »

Offline ummidkme

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I'm a feel good person but...I am frustrated with Doc's rotations and the amount of minutes allocated to certain players. Some can say Bass is in a shooting slump, but I'm starting to think he was a hardworking but one-trick, one-season pony. I think Doc needs to cut down his minutes unless he is being showcased in a trade because Sully can box out and rebound with the best of them. His defense has picked up but he is getting the rookie treatment. I still believe that one of the best lineups we have employed at times is Rondo-Pierce-Green-Sullinger-Garnett and would like to see more of this even after Bradley comes back. I do think there is still time and room for improvement but I'd say I'm tired of the rotations that are constantly being played and not working.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 07:54:54 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I'm tired of Boston's horrible play, and I'm tired of fans making excuses for the Celtics. In the aftermath of their latest debacle, I've seen a couple excuses in particular that just rub me the wrong way.

To wit:

I'm tired of people saying "the effort is there." This has been said after so many Celtic losses this season, but if a team with this much talent was really giving such great effort, they would've snapped out of their funk by now, just by sheer force of will.

I'm tired of people saying, "Ah, the shots just weren't falling tonight, doesn't happen often." I beg to differ. Happens a lot with this team. A lot. And it's bound to happen a lot when all you do is shoot jumpers. [/b]Jet's had three clunkers in the last two weeks. Bass can't hit water falling out of a boat. And KG doesn't take 22 shots on nights he is shooting well—heck, usually it's hard work just getting him to take his fair share of shots—so why is he taking 22 on a night he's stinking up the joint?

Yeah, it's a make-or-miss league ... which is a fancy way of saying "the team that scores the most points wins." Duh. If the jumpers aren't falling—as they often aren't with this team—they need to be willing to make in-game adjustments, attacking the basket more, cutting, running pick and ROLL (not pick and pop). The basketball IQ of this team—players AND coaches—is depressingly low right now.

One more game and we'll be a third of the way through the regular season (which is all we'll be playing, at this rate). This has got to change yesterday. Next game is Christmas Day, at Brooklyn; get ready for another dismal performance, thanks to the Nets' dominating size and Boston's inability to do ... well, anything. I hope Bradley provides a big spark, but even if he does, I don't think Boston can wait that long; Danny needs to make a trade or two, including at least one big one, for some legit size and interior D, and for some guys who aren't afraid to take it to the rack. All this passive outside shooting is nonsense.

What are you guys tired of? (And don't say "complaining" or "pessimistic fans"; you've got your "feel good" thread; this is a "not feeling good" thread.)

TOMMY POINT for you! I agree 100%
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 08:36:52 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Rondo pushes the ball, moves the ball, we play well even when we are missing shots, like the 1st quarter.

Rondo walks the ball up the court, stands around dribbling the ball doing nothing running out the shot-clock, we suck... and we suck majorly when we're not hitting our shots. Like the 4th quarter... heck, just about every 4th quarter in his career.

Until Rondo stops ball-hogging (and yes, that's what he's doing even if he's not shooting it) and until he starts pushing the ball, playing with the speed he's capable of, then we're going to keep struggling. I've never seen a player with his speed, his talent play such a slow game. It's mind boggling. As I believe "Who" mentioned a few days ago, Rondo is the only elite PG who doesn't take advantage and dominate someone like Derek Fisher. I look at all the games, and say to myself "great, Rondo is going to go off against this PG, advantage Boston", and what I keep seeing is a very passive Rondo who can't dominate the players he's supposed to be dominating. He's our big advantage, game in and game out, but rarely delivers what we need him to. I really hate how he runs our team most of the time. I'm the first to admit he's having a good season, a very good one in fact, but he's not doing what we need to in order to win. He needs to step up and stop pointing fingers.

Yes, plenty of players are sucking, but our prosperity is not dependent on them.

So move the [dang] ball, drive to the basket, take the open layups, and stop walking the ball up the floor. I little more consistent defense would go a long way too.

Also, Doc has been horrible this year. Easily one of his worst coaching performances to date.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 08:40:57 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
edited
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 08:47:13 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

To wit:

I'm tired of people saying, "Ah, the shots just weren't falling tonight, doesn't happen often." I beg to differ. Happens a lot with this team. A lot. And it's bound to happen a lot when all you do is shoot jumpers. Jet's had three clunkers in the last two weeks. Bass can't hit water falling out of a boat. And KG doesn't take 22 shots on nights he is shooting well—heck, usually it's hard work just getting him to take his fair share of shots—so why is he taking 22 on a night he's stinking up the joint?

I always think it's cute when a thread is started telling people how they are allowed to respond.

This will be my only post in this thread as I don't want to break your rules. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Rondo pushes the ball, moves the ball, we play well even when we are missing shots, like the 1st quarter.

Rondo walks the ball up the court, stands around dribbling the ball doing nothing running out the shot-clock, we suck... and we suck majorly when we're not hitting our shots. Like the 4th quarter... heck, just about every 4th quarter in his career.

Until Rondo stops ball-hogging (and yes, that's what he's doing even if he's not shooting it) and until he starts pushing the ball, playing with the speed he's capable of, then we're going to keep struggling. I've never seen a player with his speed, his talent play such a slow game. It's mind boggling. As I believe "Who" mentioned a few days ago, Rondo is the only elite PG who doesn't take advantage and dominate someone like Derek Fisher. I look at all the games, and say to myself "great, Rondo is going to go off against this PG, advantage Boston", and what I keep seeing is a very passive Rondo who can't dominate the players he's supposed to be dominating. He's our big advantage, game in and game out, but rarely delivers what we need him to. I really hate how he runs our team most of the time. I'm the first to admit he's having a good season, a very good one in fact, but he's not doing what we need to in order to win. He needs to step up and stop pointing fingers.

Yes, plenty of players are sucking, but our prosperity is not dependent on them.

So move the [dang] ball, drive to the basket, take the open layups, and stop walking the ball up the floor. I little more consistent defense would go a long way too.

Also, Doc has been horrible this year. Easily one of his worst coaching performances to date.

Agree with so much of this.  Rondo is a major problem when he has the ball.  He's a great passer, but he's an assist hog.  He wants that stat more then anything.  It's actually a big reason why Miami is so much better then us offensively.  Everyone on Miami plays very unselfish basketball, we don't.  We play the exact opposite.  Most of our guys play hero ball and Rondo is at the front of that. The kid has to get the ball moving more.  If that means he gets a hockey assist as opposed to a real assist, that's okay.  It'll make us a better team.  Also, agree that Doc has been bad.  He's never made me thought of him as Phil Jackson etc, but his rotations still stink and his offenses are meh.  Those are the same things he's had issues with since he got to Boston.  Plays out of time outs are still great and his defenses are great, but I feel like he always gets exactly what his team is.  Good coaches always get their team to over achieve a little bit, I don't think Doc does that.
do it

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 09:00:18 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

Agree with so much of this.  Rondo is a major problem when he has the ball.  He's a great passer, but he's an assist hog.  He wants that stat more then anything.  It's actually a big reason why Miami is so much better then us offensively.  Everyone on Miami plays very unselfish basketball, we don't. We play the exact opposite.  Most of our guys play hero ball and Rondo is at the front of that. The kid has to get the ball moving more.  If that means he gets a hockey assist as opposed to a real assist, that's okay.  It'll make us a better team.  Also, agree that Doc has been bad.  He's never made me thought of him as Phil Jackson etc, but his rotations still stink and his offenses are meh.  Those are the same things he's had issues with since he got to Boston.  Plays out of time outs are still great and his defenses are great, but I feel like he always gets exactly what his team is.  Good coaches always get their team to over achieve a little bit, I don't think Doc does that.

yep. agreed. they move the ball very well. and chalmers is no star either. It is why i am now up for trading rondo along with anybody else other than PP and KG. we have two more years max anyways and we are blowing this whole thing up to kingdom come. give it one last shot.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 09:13:55 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'm tired of whiny posters who clearly have limited grasp of what this Celtics team is about. Red Sox season cant' start early enough, this usually picks them up. And Bruins, but I have no hope for the lockout ending soon.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 09:26:09 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
I'm tired of whiny posters who clearly have limited grasp of what this Celtics team is about. Red Sox season cant' start early enough, this usually picks them up. And Bruins, but I have no hope for the lockout ending soon.

and I am most certain plenty fans here are not red sox or bruins fans just because they are celtics fans for a plethora of reasons. just sayin'.  :D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
and I am most certain plenty fans here are not red sox or bruins fans just because they are celtics fans for a plethora of reasons. just sayin'.  :D
[/quote
I'm not willing to call anyone out personally. I'm sure that many people here are Celtics fans, but I'm not sure they're basketball fans ("students of the game", so to say).

Kind of the way I'm with baseball and hockey, though I don't slug around Bruins/Sox blog to complain how Julien should be fired, and Seguin traded.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 02:28:21 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

What does this actually mean, "what this celtics team is all about?" Aren't they about winning championships? And if so, this team certainly is not going to achieve that goal.

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 03:02:11 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I'm tired of Jeff Green Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.footing his way through his minutes.  This guy has Mercedes talent and a Fiat motor. 

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 03:16:59 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I am tired of

folks saying that season has just started so Doc needs more time.

folks that say not playing Darko was a god idea

Doc Rivers and his inability to coach this team up

Rondo giving up easy layups for assist seeking long range jumpers.

Celtics living off jump shots.

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 03:51:33 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
"Ah, the shots just weren't falling tonight, doesn't happen often." I beg to differ. Happens a lot with this team.

We have pretty much the same FG% that we did last season (only a tiny difference better this season which means pretty much the same)... sure wish our shots would fall more often  ::)
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)