Author Topic: Marquis Daniels having best season in years: AVG 8 pts /2.8 reb /1.4 assists  (Read 580 times)

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3764

good stuff. Quisy still has it. I still cringe thinking about that injury he had with us.

For comparison, Jeff Green is averaging 9.4 / 3.0 / 0.6 (both green and quisy are playing about 20 min per game)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 02:03:13 AM by lightspeed5 »

Offline blink

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 153

good stuff. Quisy still has it. I still cringe thinking about that injury he had with us.

For comparison, Jeff Green is averaging 9.4 / 3.0 / 0.6

I always liked Quisy.  He was a bit up and down with us.  He gave us some good games in the playoffs last year, and I always liked his game.  I wish he was still on the team.  Change of pace from Green / C Lee on the wing.  I am glad to see that he is playing well.

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Is this thread insinuating that we could have gotten a hair less than Green's productivity at 1/7th cost, and no long term commitment? From a better defender who knows the system here and accepts a bench role well?

If so, count me in. 

Offline Boris Badenov

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 477
Is this thread insinuating that we could have gotten a hair less than Green's productivity at 1/7th cost, and no long term commitment? From a better defender who knows the system here and accepts a bench role well?

If so, count me in.

This guy would have worked out nicely too:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1765/matt-barnes

And I'm just gonna say "I told you so," because I rarely get that opportunity.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=59860.msg1309503#msg1309503

Offline blink

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 153

If so, count me in.

hindsight is 20/20.  at the end of last year Marq. looked pretty well cooked.  Can't blame DA for moving on.  Sometimes a change in venue had a really positive impact on the player.  It seems like it was in this case.

Offline Celtics18

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1190
I'll always root for 'Quis--a good guy and a smart ball player.
Philadelphia Seventy Sixers Depth Chart - 2015            
   STARTER   2ND   3RD   4TH
PG   Dennis Schroeder   Ray McCallum      
SG   Tyreke Evans   Jeremy Lamb   Ricky Ledo   Chris Johnson
SF   Giannis Antetokounmpo   Al Farouq Aminu      
PF   Kelly Olynyk   Nerlens Noel   Darrell Arthur   Andrew Nicholson
C   Timofey Mozgov   Brandan Wright   Cory Jefferson

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 430

For comparison, Jeff Green is averaging 9.4 / 3.0 / 0.6

I always liked Quisy.  He was a bit up and down with us.  He gave us some good games in the playoffs last year, and I always liked his game.  I wish he was still on the team.  Change of pace from Green / C Lee on the wing.  I am glad to see that he is playing well.

He didn't just give good games he pretty much came as close to any one player "winning" a game for us... he made his shots, hustled, and "shut down" Wade and Bron in that game for a stretch. I mean it was amazing considering the amount he played (DNP) before that. Who knows what he would have given us all year had Doc given him a bit more PT and trusted him through his slump, after-all the guy just came back after he was almost never able to play again! I think the regular season is when you are suppose to give everyone a chance a few times... especially for a team that always has a period of coasting, why not give those players ample opportunity through struggles b/c like AB, it may turn out to be huge for you... I mean, we are losing anyway, let the scrubs or "diamonds in the rough" get their shot (KJ and Fab *cough*)!

I'm happy for him!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Online mgent

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
Marquis has always been one of those guys that gives you pretty much nothing unless he has the ball in his hands.  Never would've worked and I don't know why he lasted here so long (we wouldn't even give him the ball when Eddie House and Nate Robinson were our PGs).
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline Celtics18

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1190
Marquis has always been one of those guys that gives you pretty much nothing unless he has the ball in his hands.  Never would've worked and I don't know why he lasted here so long (we wouldn't even give him the ball when Eddie House and Nate Robinson were our PGs).

Marquis was a fantastic off the ball player as a cutter.  Rondo called him the best cutter he's ever played with.  Obviously he wasn't much of a spot up shooter, though. 
Philadelphia Seventy Sixers Depth Chart - 2015            
   STARTER   2ND   3RD   4TH
PG   Dennis Schroeder   Ray McCallum      
SG   Tyreke Evans   Jeremy Lamb   Ricky Ledo   Chris Johnson
SF   Giannis Antetokounmpo   Al Farouq Aminu      
PF   Kelly Olynyk   Nerlens Noel   Darrell Arthur   Andrew Nicholson
C   Timofey Mozgov   Brandan Wright   Cory Jefferson

Online mgent

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767

Marquis was a fantastic off the ball player as a cutter.  Rondo called him the best cutter he's ever played with.  Obviously he wasn't much of a spot up shooter, though.
Yeah because he's left alone so often.  I'm pretty sure Rondo would rather play with someone that commands more honest attention.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog